rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Twyford

Top Gear

Guest henofdoom

Loving this program. But if you ask me that Hammond is getting to big for his modest boots. Time for Clarkson to slap him back down to earth.

For the show on the 27th.

Is Jeremy faster driving in real life or on a computer game, and what will break first at sub zero temperatures - a car or Richard Hammond? David Walliams is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Is it just me or are the outcomes of both of those challenges painfully obvious? The first one in particular. I mean, Jeremy playing a computer game just screams "Jeremy reverses a car over a PS2 in frustration at trying to control it."

one of those car years programmes that get repeated pretty much non stop on uk Gold had Clarkson reviewing little sports cars using GT1, and he seemed alright at it. (the Elise won, BTW, and rightly so).

in other news, he's pissed off the Germans

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=2408932005

while the general level of dull English pride you get on the show irritates me, diplomats must have something better to do with their time. ;)

one of those car years programmes that get repeated pretty much non stop on uk Gold had Clarkson reviewing little sports cars using GT1, and he seemed alright at it. (the Elise won, BTW, and rightly so).

in other news, he's pissed off the Germans

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=2408932005

while the general level of dull English pride you get on the show irritates me, diplomats must have something better to do with their time.  <_<

The Sun has come out in defence of Clarkson by printing some "jokes" making fun at "the germans!"

Anyone know where to get hold of the US pilot of Top Gear. It would be interesting to see the differences.

Looks like the Discovery channel have been showing the UK version, in the states:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/12/ew.best.sat/

6-7 PM

TOP GEAR (Discovery Channel, TV-14-L) Car expert shows off the hottest cars on the market! Say, now might be a good time to find a good book, reconnect with the family, or some such, 'cause when I start listing stuff like this, you know it's grim. ®

ps. http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000313049029/

Too bad all of the 5th Gear episodes have been reruns for months...I'm not sure if any new episodes are coming (or exist). Vicky is pretty hot...gotta love the accent. Then Auto Motor und Sport is also no longer on PBS, so the arrival of Top Gear stateside is more than welcome.

I think it's all part of the image they are creating within the show, it's a laddish, brittish, motoring show rather than some creepy political chat thingy.

I'm not defending them, and the show wouldn't suffer if they were removed <_<

Is it just me or are the outcomes of both of those challenges painfully obvious? The first one in particular. I mean, Jeremy playing a computer game just screams "Jeremy reverses a car over a PS2 in frustration at trying to control it."

As well as the GT1 thing, he mention he had a Sega Rally arcade machine at home too. I think he's a closet videogame fan.

I didn't like the way he kept saying, "You don't get THAT on Playstation", talking about g-force and stuff like that. No shit, you idiot.

He was pretty impressed with the way the car handled though, which was cool... shame he used a pad and not the decent Logitech wheel.

hi

Not only did JC use the pad and not a wheel, he also used digital rather than the sticks.

owl

I know, what a tosser. Shouldn't played it on Forza if he was going to use a pad, at least then he'd have had analog accelerate and brake. He probably would have still used the d-pad though.