Top Gear

Twyford

just turned it on, missed it. Sure it will be youtubed anyway soon.

It usually goes up on the BBC Top gear site a day after the episode. :)

Anyway, on the whole that wasn't the most interesting episode ever. The road laying challenge was a bit dull, and the Jaguar review was cool, but not spectacular. The treatment of the crash was great though, seeing Jamie Oliver made to look like a prat, in spite of his impressive lap, was wonderful.

Top Gear is still the best thing on TV - certinally made in the UK !

The actual photography and editing is fantastic. Seeing the footage of the crash was eeerie - you kno he is ok but you expect the worst. The actual crash looked pretty tame impact wise, esp give the F1 accidents you see where they walk away. I read an article (in the Times i think) that said some of the investigators/car builders think the damage to Hammond was from an onboard camera and not the actual imact of the crash as such :)

That was good. I've never liked the pseudo-scripted 'Jackass' style stuff they put in, like the roadworks this ep, but the actual car reviews are still lovely. The combination of music and photography seems to get better and better with every series.

Where was the news section though? I'd have thought they'd do one after so long, but I guess it was left out for the crash footage.

So has the Hamster got his full licence back now? Yes yes, I saw him driving the slow roadlaying machinery.

A lot of this stuff will have been filmed before the accident, certainly I expect that segment was looking at the time of year it was. As I understand they had nearly a full seasons worth of stuff when Hamster had the crash.

Absolutely fantastic return. The crash footage was all the more tense to watch because I didn't realise he had three attempts - and it wasn't mentioned which attempt was the failed one. Still, the look on his face after the second attempt in the cockpit was pretty emotional - you could tell he was very much touched by travelling 316 mph on the back of a jet engine.

...and I still can't believe he survived it. Still, it's back! Whoo!

This Vampire footage is quite scary when you know what is coming but you don't quite know when.

Absolutely, each attempt I kept thinking "any second now". Like everyone else has said, it's a miracle he survived, and quite clearly has the biggest balls in Britain for even doing that in the first place. Great stuff.

I just wish May would get his hair cut, my missus moans about it every week (she's a hairdresser) :lol:

Absolutely fantastic return. The crash footage was all the more tense to watch because I didn't realise he had three attempts - and it wasn't mentioned which attempt was the failed one. Still, the look on his face after the second attempt in the cockpit was pretty emotional - you could tell he was very much touched by travelling 316 mph on the back of a jet engine.

...and I still can't believe he survived it. Still, it's back! Whoo!

I would have thought it was obvious that it was the final attempt... :lol:

Glad it's back, at last there's something decent to watch on a Sunday night again.

Watching the Vampire footage was weird, knowing it was the first time it had ever been broadcast. And very strange seeing all Hammond's usual jokey comments, knowing how it turned out...

I like Clarkson's comment - "were you saying that thinking 'this'll make it sound more dangerous than it really is', like usual?"

not as funny as jeremy saying

a. jamie oliver talks like he's eating a pillow(?)

b. saying that he looks as bit special needs when he's driving and then jamie countering with "yes, I spend most of my school years in special needs", because you know, he actually did...

:lol:

:lol: