rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Twyford

Top Gear

How is it "non-scripted"?

Because its not like an ordinary TV show where they stick to the standard script. They just get a couple of lines and an idea of what to talk about and go for it. So its classed as unscripted (even if it does use a lil bit of one).

Because its not like an ordinary TV show where they stick to the standard script. They just get a couple of lines and an idea of what to talk about and go for it. So its classed as unscripted (even if it does use a lil bit of one).

Yeah, think of it as a chat show, or a "magazine" show, like loose women...

Well that was enjoyable. I like when they go driving nice cars hundreds or thousands of miles. Nice job, that. Except when they had to get out of that car park :D

Well that was enjoyable. I like when they go driving nice cars hundreds or thousands of miles. Nice job, that. Except when they had to get out of that car park :D

That made it the best Top Gear in ages for me.

And IMO:

Pagani Zonda > Ford GT > Ferrari F430

Should've reversed out :P

Up that ramp? That would have been funny.

I get the feeling Jeremy would have liked to have grilled Ladyboy for a good deal longer than the slot allowed.

Edit: And blatantly Ferrari > Zonda > Ford

What was that otherwordly music they played a couple of times during the super car feature? It's on some film soundtrack I'm sure. It was just notes or chords playing, nothing else. Can't think of it...

What was that otherwordly music they played a couple of times during the super car feature? It's on some film soundtrack I'm sure. It was just notes or chords playing, nothing else. Can't think of it...

Heh, heh, I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's the choral piece from The Fellowship Of The Ring just after Gandalf has been taken by the Balrog.

Heh, heh, I was thinking the same thing.

I think it's the choral piece from The Fellowship Of The Ring just after Gandalf has been taken by the Balrog.

That was "An Ending (Ascent)" by Brian Eno. Was also on the 28 Days Later soundtrack.

Most of these cars they are hsowing are cars that I saw at the MPH show at Earls Court. I know so much about them already and the constant 'Chav' references to the bright orange Ford Focus.

Still great to see the beautiful Ford GT again though. And the Zonda F!

Really hate that they're chav-branding the Focus ST, I really like the car and was thinking about getting one in a year or two. Bastards.

Why not get the old Focus RS instead?

Ah... ST 225bhp versus RS 213bhp.

mmm... :P

edit

the old ST was 170bhp, right? As in Ford Focus ST170...

Edited by SeanR

Why not get the old Focus RS instead?

Ah... ST 225bhp versus RS 213bhp.

mmm... :P

edit

the old ST was 170bhp, right? As in Ford Focus ST170...

The old Focus is very limited edition, not checked lately but they hold their value well and will probably cost more to buy than the base model new ST.

Yeah, the new ST is a completely different kettle of fish to the old st170. Think the st170 was a NA 2.0 16v, the new one is 2.5l 5cyl turbo from Volvo.

The old Focus is very limited edition, not checked lately but they hold their value well and will probably cost more to buy than the base model new ST.

Yeah, the new ST is a completely different kettle of fish to the old st170. Think the st170 was a NA 2.0 16v, the new one is 2.5l 5cyl turbo from Volvo.

So what the hell did the Mondeo ST220 have, other than an identity crisis?

Anyone see that Mercedes "radar brake test" that supposedly failed?

It was fake from start to finish.

The technology did work, but not where they used it, so they tried to "simulate" how the radar technology worked, with hilarious consequences.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/29/me...ke_test_fiasco/

Edited by Smoothy

So it wouldn't work in the warehouse. That begs the question, where else doesn't it work? Having something which sometimes doesn't work but people think it will is probably more dangerous than just not having the feature and making people use the bloody brakes themselves.

Exactly what I was thinking, maybe it wouldn't work in somewhere like New York, with its high-rise offices with lots of steel and concrete around. Knowing what we know now hardly instills confidence in the system. Probably it's best to market something like that as some sort of "early warning system". At least then, drivers will be using the brake as usual and not leave it completely to the car to brake.

Please tell me its going to be repeated on bbc3 or soemthing as I completely forgot about this both today and Sunday?  :(

It's going to be repeated on BBC3.

It's not true though. It's only on twice a week on BBC2.