rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Twyford

Top Gear

Not sure if this is the right place for fracas updates - was there a thread in OT?

Jeremy Clarkson has apologised to the Top Gear producer he punched after settling a £100,000 racial discrimination and injury claim.
Oisin Tymon launched the action against the presenter and the BBC after a "fracas" last March that left Mr Tymon with a bloody lip.
"I would like to say sorry, once again, to Oisin Tymon for the incident and its regrettable aftermath," Clarkson said.
The presenter was dropped by the BBC following the assault. Clarkson, 55, added: "I want to reiterate that none of this was in any way his fault. I would also like to make it clear that the abuse he has suffered since the incident is unwarranted and I am sorry too that he has had to go through that. I am pleased that this matter is now resolved. Oisin was always a creatively exciting part of Top Gear and I wish him every success with his future projects."
Mr Tymon's lawyers said the case had been settled but did not give details of the settlement.
It is understood to be in excess of £100,000 ($140,000), an amount to which both Clarkson and the BBC contributed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35648682

Crumbs. I wish someone at work would slightly punch me and that I'd be able to stay at work, with a promotion, and also claim £100,000. I'd take a split lip for that. 

• Upvote 1

New trailer:

I think it looks good. Will have to see how it all hangs together but glass half full me hopes that'll we'll eventually have a good reinvigorated Top Gear and also the Clarkson, May and Hammond show playing with a unlimited budget.