Top Gear

Twyford

I wasn't sure whether to drive or take the train when I go to visit my friend in Cornwall (from Norfolk), but as the journey I'd be making is about 40 miles short of something they considered worthy of being a Top Gear Challenge (albeit without the time constraint) I think I'd be best off training it!

I thought it was a good episode, but found myself switching over for most of the JP interview. I was a bit confused when he said at the end "See you in June". I forgot that this was the winter series which was delayed as its usually played before Christmas. Still, thats good then as its not so long to wait :)

For the next series of Top Gear two things need to be done.....

1. Kill Richard Hammond properly this time.

2. Get Tiff in to replace him.

I cannot stand the smarmy little weasel. His tongue must be stained brown with the amount of bum licking he gives Clarkson, and his "presenting skills" are something you'd expect to see on cbeebies.

For the next series of Top Gear two things need to be done.....

1. Kill Richard Hammond properly this time.

2. Get Tiff in to replace him.

I cannot stand the smarmy little weasel. His tongue must be stained brown with the amount of bum licking he gives Clarkson, and his "presenting skills" are something you'd expect to see on cbeebies.

b00tfp3h_640_360.jpg

Did anyone else notice that Jeremy's big watch was blurred out during that "race against the sun" section? obviously they edit it together for effect and didn't want the fact the time on his watch would be jumping all over the place to shatter the illusion

Despite the fact that TG is obviously entertainment and should always be taken with a pinch of salt I believe that the races they do are genuine, however, for editing reasons you can't necessarily make an interesting show with stuff done in perfect chronological order, hence the blurring out of the time. The McMerc SLR race for example included a long section where JC has to pull over and have a nap - this was actually entirely fictional and they were made to put this in by the BBC who didn't want to promote all-night driving/without proper rest breaks. Same way as how they can't exactly show the speedo on public roads...

There was a slow mo shot of the F40 smoking off the line in the drag race, low down behind the off side rear wheel.

That shot alone is why i watch top gear. That was stunning.

It was amazing but that whole piece was ruined by Hammond, his crap 'facts' and terrible, terrible driving. Those gearchanges were properly woeful. As for the F40 being 'fragile' it's absolute nonsense, they're known as very robust cars as far as supercars go. It'll be a car that isn't driven enough or isn't looked after properly, same with the 959. It's well known that they are most reliable when used normally, the moment you tuck them up in a garage things start going awry. Otherwise they are very hardy, that engine is relatively understressed, loads of them are running round with the boost turned up so if the turbos have 'let go' then something was wrong with the car in the first place.

Still, any excuse to post a pic of myself in an F40. I mean this completely literally: I have never been happier. God knows what it'd be like to actually drive one:

fez.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Prince Harry next series? He wants to beat Tom Cruises time. But more importantly, MoD permitting, he may bring military stuff along with him. The former, I don't care so much. The latter, would be nice if they can do something interesting with them.

dovetails nicely with the previous MoD work on TG, through Clarksons patronage of Help for Heroes, and his general hard-on for the military.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...