Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List

Garwoofoo

I kinda agree, but more tracks, more cars, more cities, better handling and a better online play aren't something I'd describe as 'indeterminable'.

It's bloody easy to determine exactly why PGR2 is better. It's practically written in the feature list on the back of the box.

I didn't think that Gotham 3 was that bad, but having been a fan of Gotham 2 for several years and then going to this, I didn't really have the same love because it's all been done before, and it's been done in a way that didn't have to cover up the dated structure with a hi-def gloss. I really enjoyed progressing through 2, whereas 3 just felt like business as usual, it didn't have that "spark" of newness about it (despite being a bloody launch title for a new console.)

So I guess what disappointed me is the fact that a sequel didn't feel original. :(:(

Coast to Coast looks a bit rubbish to me (on an LCD monitor through component). Well, it did, last night. Tonight it just crashed three time in a row before I gave up, not having managed to get into a single race.

OutRun 2 looked much better. A few frame rate drops here and there, though.

:blink:

Thats pretty much what I said Panda. I too had quite a few crashes in C2C aswell.

coast to coast looked fantastic to me on my LCD, soo much better than on the xbox. happy times indeed!
Funny, I found that C2C on the Xbox was better looking through VGA (on a CRT) than it is on the 360..

Still, at least it's working on the 360 now, hopefully there will be online games to join for once. Imagine that :lol:

But do you have Outrun 2 for comparison? I'm betting no.

After long coming to the conclusion I'd never lay Outrun2 again, I spent a couple of glorious hours playing it and 2006. Outrun2 was a thing of beauty and it captivated me for far longer than I originally thought it would, so buying 2006 was a no-brainer. I bought 2006 the day it came out, played it a couple of times, then not again until last night. On Xbox it looked so bad, it was painful to play. Jaggies everywhere, like RRV had been recreated with Lego.

So it's finally nice to be able to play it without me eyes wanting to bleed, as brief moments of slowdown aside, both games have never looked better. While it has slowdown and some of the background detail looks odd, I think its emulated as well as Outrun2, which has noticeable artefacts on the title screen and more slowdown in game. I don't know if it the emulation or the game, but 2006 seems a step down graphically. Some of the background detail are flat 2D trees instead of proper models and there seems to be less going on in the background in general.

Don't be a dick. I know my own eyes. It was discussed here when 2006 came out and many other people said the same thing. I think the thing we all had in common were LCD HDTVs. Outrun2 was fine on my TV. 2006 must have outputted in a non-standard resolution that the TVs scalers didn't cope with very well. It was certainly the only Xbox game that looked terrible on my TV. I was genuinely so bad to see in motion, I found it unplayable.

So now the 360 scales it to 720p, this issue has gone and it looks how it should.

I played C2C on my original Xbox - it's what finished the old trooper off actually - through advanced SCART on a 28" widescreen CRT, and it was jaggy/grainy as hell.

Now I'm playing it on my 360 through VGA at 1360 x 768 on a 32" widescreen LCD - and it looks a lot smoother.

Forget that Scalextric rubbish.

PGR2 is back and it looks like heaven. It's actually a pleasure to have an excuse to start from scratch. It'll tide me over nicely until PGR4, and if they fuck that up, with loading times that last FOR ONE HUNDRED YEARS for instance, I'll be happy to stick with PGR2.

So was the reason they haven't emulated PGR1 and PGR2 until now because they were waiting for the money to stop coming in from 3?

Also with 4 on the horizon, I suppose now everyone's going to renew their involvement in the franchise by replaying their way through 1 and 2, piquing their interest by the time the new one's out.

still charging 2.99 each for the two dlc packs of pgr2, which seems a little silly.

Looks much better on my normal tv rather than the vga projector i was using before, i notice. And there are some menu glitches on the car select screen.

PGR2 is just glitchy for me. Problems in the menus and when you start a race it freezes at the fly-by. Disappointed.

I've not had any freezes, but I have had some menus simply not appearing - they're there and you can select things, but they don't display and all I see is a black screen.

Outrun 2 though ... :blink:

I seriously can't find my PGR2 disc, it's devastating - I'm sure I saw it only a couple of weeks ago!

Stroker's right about how awesome it was (and probably still is - I haven't played it for about 2 years however), I should probably just go out and buy it again...

PGR2 was the first game I ever played on Live, and it was a revelation. I mean, it was only the third game I'd ever played online (after Quake 3 and PSO on the Dreamcast), and everything was so well organised.

And the game had progressed so much since MSR. The only downside was the lack of London courses.

But do you have Outrun 2 for comparison? I'm betting no.

Actually, I do :blink:

Haven't tried it yet though. I must admit that C2C looks a little easier on the eyes on the TV with the smoothing. Looks a little too much on the monitor.

EDIT - tried PGR 2 earlier, it was fucking dire for me.. choppy framerate and popping / crackling sound. :lol:

Still no Beyond Good and Evil, or the last two Prince of Persia games... Seems that my sealed copy of the final game will remain on my shelf unopened forever :lol:

:blink: I also have two thrones still sealed up.

Arses! After weeing myself with excitement that Morrowind is bc, I've just realised my version is NTSC! Not PAL... If anyone's got a copy of the latter I'll happily swap - gonna update my sales thread in a tic.

If it's region free then it should work.

I've been wanting Outrun 2 for ages so should I be getting C2C for the best version? There arn't any gamebreaking flaws in playing it on the 360 are there?

Gutted that Kung Fu Chaos aint in there.

Arses! After weeing myself with excitement that Morrowind is bc, I've just realised my version is NTSC! Not PAL... If anyone's got a copy of the latter I'll happily swap - gonna update my sales thread in a tic.

Are you sure its NTSC? The first batch of the game in the UK had NTSC written on the discs but were in fact pal.

Yup - it's NTSC. Says so on the box. My PAL 360 downloads the update then tells me it's the wrong region and my quest ends there... If anyone's in the same position but reversed if you see what I mean then I'd happily swap. It's mint.

Kudos to MS though - Oblivion is still selling so there's really no need to do this.

Can't wait for SH2 to be ready for us here in PAL land. If they can just sort out Strangers Wrath (which should look incredible on the 360), plus Kung Fu Chaos and Toejam and Earl, I'll give them a big fucking hug.

EDIT - Just stuck Silent Hill in. Screen goes black but you can hear buttons being pressed and I think I can get to the title screen! Excitement. The music is just as beautiful as ever.

I've been wanting Outrun 2 for ages so should I be getting C2C for the best version? There arn't any gamebreaking flaws in playing it on the 360 are there?

And in the 'collect the coin' challenges, you can't actually see the coins now. Hardly gamebreaking though.