Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List

Garwoofoo

Figured this was the best of the three or so backwards comp threads to post in.

So. New CEX opens in Sheffield and I pick up Rallisport Challenge, Kung Fu Chaos. Crimson Sea and Judge Dredd for the xbox. I knew Kung Fu Chaos and Crimson Sea weren't on the list, and lo and behold they didn't work - got the 'This original Xbox game is not supported on your Xbox 360 console' message. Not a problem...

But Rallisport and Dredd don't work either! They're on the list! They're on the bloody list! Call of Cthulhu worked fine the other day.

Okay, I'll take questions now...

Have you downloaded the latest BC update? It can sometimes be a bit temperamental about downloading it automatically.

Also, try playing it through a 50 Hz TV, on SD mode- I think the downloader programme has some issues @ 60 Hz, bizarrely. Or maybe it's the other way around...

Now when I try an xbox game I am given a different error message. It tells me that PAL 50 games are not compatible with the VGA HD cable. Halo 2 now works for me aslong as I don't try to play it online, otherwise I obtain the error message.

What annoys me is that I can play all my xbox games through vga using my xbox and the x2vga cable I bought, so why can't the 360 do it?

You need to put the original cable back in, switch it to TV and set it to PAL-60, annoyingly, then put the VGA lead it. Hey presto.

That didn't work. I obtained the same error message on all my games when I put the vga cable back in.

I picked up Forza for 7 quid the other day. I can't remember how it runs on regular Xbox, but I was a bit bummed out by how it ran on 360. The framerate was a little iffy, although still playable.

I also picked up the Splinter Cell games though, and those look and run flippin' perfect. Were only £1.99 each at Gamestation too.

I bought Forza today £12.99

(it WAS part of the GS 2 for £20, but couldn't find anything else that was:

a. wanted

b. BC)

oh, and Black, pre-owned, £27.99. Still got £15 on my credit note ;)

Stuck on the second level, got the

supressor for the AK

but it's not doing me any favours :(

Forza's AI and customisation options I remember being superb. Turning off the Stability Manager and (depending on the car used) Traction Control, could turn a stale driving experience into a hell of a lot of fun.

I remember the AI making for some excellent racing as well, an experience of mine from a while back...

Forza fever? ;) I got it two days ago for $10 at EBGames.

At first I was "meh", the graphics are nothing to rave about (running on the X360 on SDTV), pitful soundtrack. Not a drop of auto erotica like Gran Turismo, though.

Then I turned the assists off and increased the AI difficulty. Another game, much better. I might spend some time on it.

The cars look very jaggy... was it like this on the Xbox?

Turning the assists off does change the game considerably, can't really remember how the cars looked tbh but they definitely didn't look bad. Really looking forward to playing this in a couple of days now.

Turning the assists off does change the game considerably, can't really remember how the cars looked tbh but they definitely didn't look bad. Really looking forward to playing this in a couple of days now.

Turned it all off, took the focus STI for a spin in Shinjuku, t'was weird. Hand brake for EVERY CORNER, no straightline braking required ;)