Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility List

Garwoofoo

What's to stop, say, my mate putting his gamertag on my machine, and then me purchasing loads of XBLA games and playing them when he's gone?

Nothing I don't think. They might be tied to his profile/tag though. So if he goes home and signs into LIVE you'd get signed out.

I'm sure you could just play them offline on his profile though. Not sure you'd be able to get at the downloads from your profile/tag.

Nothing I don't think. They might be tied to his profile/tag though. So if he goes home and signs into LIVE you'd get signed out.

Yeah, but he's (say) £100 worse off though isn't he?

Also, how does he 'sign in' on my machine? Does he need his credit card details and password and all that stuff?

Recovery is different then I presume. I transferred it with a Memory Unit.

Yeah.

If you register on one Xbox, upgrade on a 360 and then try to recover on a different Xbox, I don't believe it will allow you to do so.

You have to either keep to the original Xbox or transfer to another using a memory card.

Account recovery and account management are impossible once you've upgraded to 360. Additionally, if you registered for Live on a 360, you'll never be able to use that account on an Xbox.

I played KOTOR II and there's some slowdown and framerate issues. The loading is dreaful too. If you've got a chipped xbox you'll be better off putting it on the HDD like I did with KOTOR I.

Aye, I know the second one's fooked, but am curious if the first KOTOR handles itself any better.

Also, how does he 'sign in' on my machine? Does he need his credit card details and password and all that stuff?

You just your e-mail address and password you used to sign up to Live and your Gamertag. However, when you go back to your own 360, you have to enter these details again, thus tieing your Gamertag back into your Xbox. If your mate tried to log on with your Gamertag on his 360, it wouldn't let him. You can DL all the games you have bought though on your 360 if you are signed on to his 360 and play them, but once you get back to your 360, you won't have access to these until you sign back into Live, thus nullifying the profile on the other 360.

Does that make any sense?

Aye, I know the second one's fooked, but am curious if the first KOTOR handles itself any better.

Well it was fucked on the original Xbox frame rate wise. Atrocious!

Yeah but I'd presumed he'd be consenting to this!

Can you still put gamertags on a memory card with 360? If so you could transfer that way or if not he'd have to enter his .NET Passport email and password. Actually if that's the only way of getting a gamertag from 360 to 360 ie. via recovery then it might be more awkward like Spew mentioned with his accounts.

Cheers for clearing the other stuff up Burai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's truly terrible. So much for the next update being a big one, hence the 3 month wait.

Looks like they have focused on getting the previous ones working. Was hoping for The Two Thrones to be on there as it's now less than a tenner. Heh-ho, back to Oblivion.

The team have spent their time rebuilding the emulator core so that the future udates can be quicker and have less problems. The reason there are only three games is becuase when gamers (In the US) were asked what games they would like to be most compatible these are the three games that were highest on this list that were possible to release for this month. They also had to focus on ensuring that games already on the list remained compatible becuase people would not understand why they are compatible one month and not the next. The next update is due for the end of April and will include a selection of games in the tens (more than 10 less than 100).

The team have spent their time rebuilding the emulator core so that the future udates can be quicker and have less problems. The reason there are only three games is becuase when gamers (In the US) were asked what games they would like to be most compatible these are the three games that were highest on this list that were possible to release for this month. They also had to focus on ensuring that games already on the list remained compatible becuase people would not understand why they are compatible one month and not the next. The next update is due for the end of April and will include a selection of games in the tens (more than 10 less than 100).

Where'd you get this info?

The "fix" for Ninja Gaiden is RUBBISH!

takes about 5 mins to load (which, t.b.f, is better than their last attempt) and you get "some" sound every 10 mins or so, and even then it's only a quick snippet.

RUBBISH!