IGNORED

Your Most Wanted Online Ds Game

organ_grinder

I imagine if you close the gate, no more friends can enter your village, obviously.

But can you trap the players already visting you when you shut it? That would be nastily awesome. Though very improbable.

I can only assume they'd be quickly shepherded out of the place by the local police when you try to close the gate, while you stand at the gate watching, chewing tobacco and drawling "we don't like outta-towners".

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Mr Nintendo,

Please find out who has the rights to Deathtank, the Saturn game by Lobotomy software. it should be a piece os urine to run o th DS, and would make a gorgeous mini-game in an online games compilation. Half a dozen games of this calibre on a DS card, available for online play, would be the definitive piece of software to own on the console, and greatly help to differentiate the DS from its competition.

Sincerely,

Excited Gamer

Screw Pokemon. I would possibly cream if Deathtank was available on the DS.

That would rock the casbah. Mario kart DS fills me with hope that a good version of F zero is possible for the DS.

Oh and another vote for PSO over here  :P

a couple of the mkds tracks feel like they're really f zero tracks to me actually. they will do one, obviously.

a couple of the mkds tracks feel like they're really f zero tracks to me actually.  they will do one, obviously.

Rainbow Road for sure.

Edit: Actually if they do make an F-Zero game I hope they keep and refine the random track generator and have it available online. Almost endless replayability!

Although a lot of people here want PSO, I'd err on the side of caution. For me, a large part of the reason I played PSO on the Xbox was the availability of voice chat, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo aren't going to have it in their online games because of safety concerns.

Although a lot of people here want PSO, I'd err on the side of caution. For me, a large part of the reason I played PSO on the Xbox was the availability of voice chat, and I'm pretty sure Nintendo aren't going to have it in their online games because of safety concerns.

I think that's a massive big deal to me, they really, really, need to sort out voice comms, even if it's only with people on your friends' list, with no way of communicating I think it's all a bit sterile. I think it's telling that people are signing into xbox live to talk and play on their DS' or setting up MSN, IRC or whatever else chatrooms so that they can maintain communication. It's really important and it needs including.

I don't want PSO btw.

They won't. The advert on TV even makes a deal about Nintendo WiFi being "SAFE"; probably because there's a good chance kids are going to use it. Having proper communication leads to all sorts of security problems, and though no-one likes to say it, pedophilia concerns. All that's got to happen is someone steal an item in PSO, phone numbers to be exchanged, and someone to get slashed, and BAM, all of a sudden you have a massive marketing headache that the company might never recover from.

This if course is an extreme example; even so I'd like to say it's ridiculous, but I just can't because it HAS happenned.

They won't. The advert on TV even makes a deal about Nintendo WiFi being "SAFE"; probably because there's a good chance kids are going to use it. Having proper communication leads to all sorts of security problems, and though no-one likes to say it, pedophilia concerns. All that's got to happen is someone steal an item in PSO, phone numbers to be exchanged, and someone to get slashed, and BAM, all of a sudden you have a massive marketing headache that the company might never recover from.

This if course is an extreme example; even so I'd like to say it's ridiculous, but I just can't because it HAS happenned.

I don't see why, since it's already fairly convoluted to build a friends list, if it was explicitly stated that voice comms would be available with people on your friends list that it would be a problem though. To get to the point where you'd be able to get contact details from someone via MK:DS for instance you'd need to have already been in the position to get that information anyway.

...Which is my point?

Your argument about the friends list WahWah* implies that to talk to someone on NWifi, you'd need to know them well enough to get contact details off them, ie. meet them or have a mate with a DS etc.

What I'm saying is thanks to the internet and things such as IRC, that isn't true. People could still get added to a friends list that you don't know well enough to trust with personal information.

Now I'm aware you and I and most people are smart enough not to give that information out, but some people aren't - and as I said earlier handheld consoles are popular with children and there could be a lot of kids on WiFi as we speak.

Do you understand my issue with this now? Personally I'd like to see voice chat in the way you mention, just I don't know if it will happen.