IGNORED

Your Most Wanted Online Ds Game

organ_grinder

I'd like Mario Kart with an online battle mode, it's not happening in the first DS version so hopefully this might be sorted out in the sequel if there is one for the DS. Pokemon as well would be ace online.

GAH, no online battle mode? :D Fucking idiots.

I haven't ever played Pokemon. Is Pokemon already a multiplayer game? Can you strategically battle other players with your little monsters that you've collected?

Because I imagine one of those turn-based card battler kind of games (a la Magic: the Gathering), where you collect stuff and have to strageically use them against online opponents would play to Nintendo's strengths at community building using rare items and card trading and stuff.

Have I just described online Pokemon? Apologies for my ignorance.

Hogs of War - with Rik Mayall commentary :D classic multiplayer game right there especially when stoned lol.

would also like to see if the children of Mana game bu squaresoft will be mulitplayer online like SoM.

Oh also the best puzzle game ever PUZZLE FIGHTER!!

I haven't ever played Pokemon. Is Pokemon already a multiplayer game? Can you strategically battle other players with your little monsters that you've collected?

Because I imagine one of those turn-based card battler kind of games (a la Magic: the Gathering), where you collect stuff and have to strageically use them against online opponents would play to Nintendo's strengths at community building using rare items and card trading and stuff.

Have I just described online Pokemon? Apologies for my ignorance.

Pokemon battles are currently restricted to finding someone with a GameBoy and a copy of the same game and connecting up via cable/wireless connection.

What I'd like to see (as I'm sure everybody would) is an actual online world where every trainer exists and wanders around finding other trainers to fight against and trade with. The game design is soooo already set up to accomodate such a thing (it already uses NPC trainer characters in the game world), it's baffling why it hasn't happened yet.

The only problem with a Pokemon online game is that it would be filled with thousands of kids, all of which would take great delight in whupping your arse come every match.

I thought of that as well, just image the sheer amount of people who will want to play it.

I've had an idea in my head for years for a cooperative multiplayer futeristic anti-gravity sailing game (thats a lot of adjectives) that I reckon would work well on the DS. Incidently, where is the best place to post random, really specific ideas for games (i can't be the only one who has them)?

The only problem with a Pokemon online game is that it would be filled with thousands of kids, all of which would take great delight in whupping your arse come every match.

Personally I'd be prepared to put up with that just for the chance to actually be able to trade and fight with other people. I don't know many people who play Pokemon except for my cousin and I see him like once or twice a year. Plus I'd imagine we could set up something in the rllmuk online folder to avoid the above problem, if they ever get round to releasing the game that is.

I don't imagine pokemon would be an mmorpg. Rather, each world would be your own instance, but you'd be able to go to gyms and challenge folks who make themselves available for challenging.

I don't think the DS has the storage capacity and RAM to cope with an MMORPG of Pokemon proportions. Especially if they want the system to be free so don't want to be maintaining and updating servers with an army of code monkeys all the time. dunno....

I don't imagine pokemon would be an mmorpg.

It better bloody be, or I'll nuke Nintendo headquarters.

I don't think the DS has the storage capacity and RAM to cope with an MMORPG of Pokemon proportions.

Sure it could, easily. Make it a 2D game that's split it into areas which load a bit at a time. The data containing who is in those areas would be stored on the server and loaded into the DS memory as and when needed, and then discarded afterwards.

Or, sod it, just put it on the Revolution or something. ANYTHING! I JUST WANT A POKEMON MMORPG!!!!1one

:(

maybe... but I reckon the most it could cope with would be around 4 or so players in an area.

Now... the revolution on the other hand...

with some kind of synch to the DS version...

so .. the rev is a full mmorpg of pokemon goodness, and on the DS your trainer can battle other trainers on the move in set aside gyms.

maybe that'd work.

maybe... but I reckon the most it could cope with would be around 4 or so players in an area.

Why do you think that? The amount of data needed to be stored in the DS to identify the location and appearance (based, presumably, on a pre-set list) of a several characters in the game would be minimal. A few co-ordinates/numbers updated a few times per second... no trouble at all.

All the other info (number of Pokemon and all their levels, moves, items, etc.) could be downloaded when you 'converse' or 'battle' one of these other players, at which point all other information could be discarded from memory and refreshed again when the battle/exchange is over.

I honestly think a game like Pokemon (which doesn't rely on massive 3D areas or constant realtime updates) could work perfectly well on the DS as an online game.

I honestly think a game like Pokemon (which doesn't rely on massive 3D areas or constant realtime updates) could work perfectly well on the DS as an online game.

Here... I think it'd be great. I'm purely going on the fact that Mario DS has 4 simultaneous players (granted.. these are folks that are racing, so it's very fast paced)... What I'd love in a pokemon game is the ability to join another trainer who's in the middle of a battle.

Scott has joined the battle! Out comes "Mawboz" ready to rumble.

Pokemon battles are currently restricted to finding someone with a GameBoy and a copy of the same game and connecting up via cable/wireless connection.

What I'd like to see (as I'm sure everybody would) is an actual online world where every trainer exists and wanders around finding other trainers to fight against and trade with. The game design is soooo already set up to accomodate such a thing (it already uses NPC trainer characters in the game world), it's baffling why it hasn't happened yet.

That's basically a MMO, though... they'd probably want you to subsribe to something like that, given you'd be connecting to a server?

It would be an amazing idea none the less and I, like you, have wanted to see it happen for aaaaaaaaages.

ALSO - if it was a MMO you wouldn't be able to move for people challenging you to matches which would be a pain. A system would have to be thought up to make the game not really annoying.

crystal chronicles is confirmed

It is?! Where?

A cement mixing game? Sounds like the type of game the DS was made for.  Imagine shovelling sand around with the stylus!

Ok, I thought of it and then realised it wasn't funny halfway through typing.

Sadly most cement mixing is automated these days...

Oh, not 'concrete' then?

Well, there were screenshots all over the internet, in EGM, and there's box art and pre-order-ability on most of the US games sites. And it's listed on www.nintendo-europe.com and www.nintendo.com. And, IIRC, Square-Enix's site.

Anyone seen that Tony Hawk presentation video on IGN?

The game is really obscenely fully featured and shows the previous 3D DS stuff like Splinter Cell and Rayman as the true embaressments to games development that they clearly are.

You can download replays of amazing runs from anyone out there and upload your own highest scores automatically when you sign in and stuff.

Saying that, they couldn't connect to their mate in New York when doing the demonstration but still, it looks like quite an achievement for a DS title.

That looks fucking amazing! And the speech and music, too... :lol:

EDIT: and the board/graffiti/sound editor B)