Mother 3 Announced For Gba

Sarlaccfood

I've had no problems with the rhythm mechanics either. Nice when you get a 16-hit combo. :)

The translation is surprisingly excellent. They managed to retain the charm of Earthbound in the dialogue. The game is also a lot darker than I was expecting too. :)

I also find it a bit annoying how you can't see your character's stats whilst in the item menu. You go there mostly to use your healing items, but you can't see your character's HPs on the same screen, and have no idea what to use on who without coming back out of the menu.

I'm sure you've noticed by now, but when you select an item you want to use, you can see the HP of the character on the bottom of the screen.

I'm sure you've noticed by now, but when you select an item you want to use, you can see the HP of the character on the bottom of the screen.

I noticed, but it'd be a lot more helpful if you could always see your character HPs. It's awkward.

I've had no problems with the rhythm mechanics either. Nice when you get a 16-hit combo. :)

Could you explain how it works then? Does the game ever tell you? :)

Finally gotten round to sinking some serious time into it, I'm just on the third chapter but it sort of feels like the game hasn't properly started yet, like, I'm not yet in control of the proper quest or something. I'm enjoying it immensely though, the translation seems really well done, I've laughed out loud quite a few times already.

I think this game really has to be played on a handheld for maximum enjoyment. I've been going back and forth between the DS and Micro for this one (sometimes the Micro screen is a little too small) and it already feels like one of the greatest handheld games of all time. Really special. Nintendo really missed the ball on this one.

I think this game really has to be played on a handheld for maximum enjoyment. I've been going back and forth between the DS and Micro for this one (sometimes the Micro screen is a little too small) and it already feels like one of the greatest handheld games of all time. Really special. Nintendo really missed the ball on this one.

o/\o

I'm Mashroomized!! :wub:

:wub: I have for the past 30 mins been messing around in zsnes thinking my input method was messed up!

:P brilliant!

Maaaaan, I've got a full party now and it's all so gooooood! I really like the colour palette of this game, for some reason it just seems the ride side of really colourful without seeming abstract. :wub:

3 hours of my savegame was wiped because I forgot EZFlash saves your savegame when you reboot your GBA. REMEMBER THAT.

Aww man, my heart goes out to you.

Has anyone reached chapter four yet? The music is AMAZING at the beginning of that - headphones out, people!

In really stupid news I'd been struggling a bit with regards to money management and so not really buying anything. Then I remembered that in Earthbound money is automatically put into your account when you fight monsters. So yeah, about 10 hours in I'd only managed to make about 500 DP, or so I thought, when a quick look into my bank account revealed I had about 10 000 sitting in there. D'oh!

Any other Mac users had a problem running the translation .app? The icon just bounces a couple of times on my dock then fucks off. Like my women. Uh-oh!

Hmm, worked first time for me. :S

Have you got the right version of the ROM? it should be 32MB in size.

Anyone seen the handbook yet?

I'm having trouble getting this emulated in a playable state on my EeePC, the sound stutters too much. Might give in and finally get a flash cart for my DS.

Go the flashcart route, a CycloDS and 3-in-1 works perfectly. Just dump Mother 3 on my MicroSD card and it runs perfectly.

Ok, some ant tells you about the rhythm fundamentals outside the castle, so it's not like they expected you to just figure it out after all. After putting enemies to sleep, it's become more apparent when you're meant to be tapping the button. You always tap at a steady rate...I thought you were meant to be following the tune somehow... i've sorta got the hang now.

Still, Jesus Christ, the castle. I'm only three and a bit hours in, and what a grind! Earthbound was a piece of piss, but sadly i'm losing patience here. Earthbound had a great sense of progression, nowhere seemed to outstay its welcome. Levelling up seems a bit rare in this, and i've not seen any enemies running away from me yet...Oh well...

Ok, some ant tells you about the rhythm fundamentals outside the castle, so it's not like they expected you to just figure it out after all. After putting enemies to sleep, it's become more apparent when you're meant to be tapping the button. You always tap at a steady rate...I thought you were meant to be following the tune somehow... i've sorta got the hang now.

No you don't.

Still, Jesus Christ, the castle. I'm only three and a bit hours in, and what a grind! Earthbound was a piece of piss, but sadly i'm losing patience here. Earthbound had a great sense of progression, nowhere seemed to outstay its welcome. Levelling up seems a bit rare in this, and i've not seen any enemies running away from me yet...Oh well...

I couldn't disagree with this more, I am 10 hours in and I don't feel anything has outstayed it's welcome. It feels like I have only been playing it for a couple of hours. I'm also finding my characters leveling up constantly and I'm not going out of my way to fight.