Mother 3 Announced For Gba

Sarlaccfood

• 3 weeks later...

just got my mother 3 guide the other day and it is a thing of beauty. It is for sure the best game guide I have ever bought, I wish all game guides would be made like this. This was clearly a labour of love for the people that made it with so much care, attention and passion lavished on it. I strongly recommend it to anyone who is a mother 3 fan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought Itoi had said that, for as much personal love as he has for the series, he had no intention of making another? I just tried to find the interview where I remember reading that, but came up empty-handed.

I did find this awesome frog though.

spzzg8.gif

Fucking amazing game. :hmm:

EDIT: beaten by a whole minute >: (

• 7 months later...

Still can't fathom why Nintendo wouldn't stick these on a single DS cart/DSi store and test the waters when you consider some of the shit that makes it over here. The original never made it to the WiiWare store, did it?

Still can't fathom why Nintendo wouldn't stick these on a single DS cart/DSi store and test the waters when you consider some of the shit that makes it over here. The original never made it to the WiiWare store, did it?

No. Earthbound looked for a while like it was going to happen, but nothing as yet.

That said, Nintendo suggested it had something very exciting (and much-anticipated) planned for a DSiWare reveal at E3. Metroid Dread seemed likely at first, but given we're getting a 2Dish Metroid on Wii, perhaps Mother 3 or Earthbound might be DS-bound after all.

There's a complete legal deadlock regarding an Earthbound re-release isn't there? Something about Nintendo Of America saying they'd need to rewrite sections of the game in order to avoid potential lawsuits and the IP holders in Japan saying you'll do no such bloody thing?

I imagine also that an 'official' translation of Mother 3, while better than nothing, would be a pale shadow of the near-as-100%-authentic fan one. Which is rather a shame. I'd still love for it to get any sort of release though. It's tragic that Itoi's work is such an unknown.

There's a complete legal deadlock regarding an Earthbound re-release isn't there? Something about Nintendo Of America saying they'd need to rewrite sections of the game in order to avoid potential lawsuits and the IP holders in Japan saying you'll do no such bloody thing?

There's something in the original translation of Earthbound which makes some sort of cultural reference which they would likley get their balls sued through their arse for now, but that they got away with when it was first released. I'm fairly sure it refers at some point by name to a celebrity. Nintendo won't risk releasing it with it in, but they need permission from whoever owns the rights in Japan to alter the text and they don't want their work compromised and won't agree to it.

I imagine also that an 'official' translation of Mother 3, while better than nothing, would be a pale shadow of the near-as-100%-authentic fan one. Which is rather a shame. I'd still love for it to get any sort of release though. It's tragic that Itoi's work is such an unknown.

This is the problem with anime a lot of the time, it takes 4 years to get here and in the intermediary time someone has produced a totally authentic and really well done fan translation.

Aren't there pastiches of Beatles songs on the soundtrack or something mad like that? There's some kind of issue with music or a musical reference, I'm certain.

Maybe that's it, I was sure there was some massive twat involved, which was why I assumed it was a namedrop, but it being vaguely related to Paul McCartney would definately make me feel that way too.