Mother 3 Announced For Gba

Sarlaccfood

Look! 4 color rebellion has some news.

Apparently, EarthBound creator Shigesato Itoi let the cat out of the bag. He made a quick post on his website, which the awesome folks at Starmen.net quickly translated:

After some discussion with Nintendo, I’ve decided to make a slightly head-start announcement here on Hobonichi. I’ve worried people quite a bit this whole time, but I’m happy to report that Mother 3 for Game Boy Advance is nearing release.

I’ve thought to myself, “It should be all right now that it’s this far along,” on many occasions, but I always made sure not to announce anything until I could say that it was “ABSOLUTELY all right.” At any rate, this time I’ve decided to try and be reserved about everything. It looks like its release date will be about one season away, and I’m in the middle of doing many work retreats to get it finished. I’m going to work especially hard for a short while longer to get everything done.

By announcing this, I’m sure I’ll receive all sorts of questions, but I’m probably going to stay quiet about Mother 3 until just before its release. I know the importance of publicity, but what I feel is that I want players to REALLY enjoy Mother 3. So until just before the game comes out, I’m going to remain as quiet as possible.

In any case, we’re working on Mother 3. I’m happy as well that it’s reached the point where we can make an announcement. Thank you to all who have waited patiently. Please forget about it again for a short while.

Everything seems to be kosher, but I still can’t say that this is 100% true. I’m too tired to expound upon this, but I’ll dig around some more tomorrow.

Could it be true?

Will it get a western realease do we think? (stop laughing at the back there).

Shame it's not a DS version really.....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:)

Fan-tastic! Can't wait for this, here's hoping for an English translation!

edit: Those Earthbound 64 shots are excellent - The reason it was cancelled was because the team had so much trouble getting to grips with 3D technology, I would imagine that this is why the new Earthbound is back to 2D.

I dunno about those N64 shots. They look fine for an N64 game but they don't really get communicate the style or charm that a Mother/ Earthbound game should. I'm not saying that the series (if Nintendo should decide to release more) should remain 2D, but the graphics in a 3D version should reference the originals a lot more and be more stylised.

For the record, those GBA shots are perfection.

I now officially hate you all. I have to stop reading this forum as its costing me a fortune. I now want to go and buy a SNES and a copy of Earthbound. Whats the best (and cheapest way to go about this? PAL SNES plus one of those universal cartridge adaptors or maybe a US SNES with some extra power supply?

I now officially hate you all. I have to stop reading this forum as its costing me a fortune. I now want to go and buy a SNES and a copy of Earthbound. Whats the best (and cheapest way to go about this? PAL SNES plus one of those universal cartridge adaptors or maybe a US SNES with some extra power supply?

It plays really well under emulation on handhelds.

Grab a Zodiac 2 or a GP2x and play it on that <_<

It plays really well under emulation on handhelds.

Grab a Zodiac 2 or a GP2x and play it on that <_<

I wish I could but sadly im a complete nut and must have a console. Besides im looking at games like:

Super Metroid

The Firemen

Cybernator

Actraiser

King Arthur's World + Mouse

Super tennis

TMNT: Turtles in Time

Batman Returns

Demons Crest

Secret of Evermore

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I need a SNES!

I wish I could but sadly im a complete nut and must have a console. Besides im looking at games like:

Super Metroid

The Firemen

Cybernator

Actraiser

Super tennis

Batman Returns

Demons Crest

Secret of Evermore

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I need a SNES!

Actually you need a Revolution! A modded xbox will do in the mean time though. <_<

Super Metroid

The Firemen

Cybernator

Actraiser

Super tennis

Batman Returns

Demons Crest

Secret of Evermore

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I need a SNES!

Just an hour ago I was thinking what a perfect console the SNES was, so many perfect games in a console, it was like the best time of video games ever, I dunno I might be anachronistic et al, however DS does its job well untill now.