Most Played Tune According To Itunes

curium

We've been posting screen grabs of our top 25 most played over on Dizogg's Forum. Number one for me is a song from Ghostface's album last year that I really raped (and still do, from time to time):

Do you think overdoing that style of music has led you to use appalling words like "raped" so casually?

Run is like a lost RZA masterpiece, and in hip-hop there isn't too much that can beat a RZA masterpiece. On a personal level, though, Beat The Clock has extremely stupid funk strings. I bleed extremely stupid funk strings. I couldn't believe Beat The Clock when I heard it. I couldn't believe that it was possible to make a track that ridiculous. I probably love it more than anyone else in the world does, including the dudes responsible.

Do you think overdoing that style of music has led you to use appalling words like "raped" so casually?

Number 26 most played is a track by Enya, man. I've got my soft side. I also think you should listen to the songs in my list there before making asumptions based on what you think a genre means. How many of those hip-hop songs have you actually heard?

And, for your information, I got that "raped" thing from some friends. None of whom listen to hip-hop.

Zea - We Buried Indie Rock Years Ago @ 25 plays.

That's not many plays at all for a top song is it?

iTunes system for counting is a bit off though, I quite often skip songs if they have a long outro or a big chunk of silence at the end and I don't think it counts those.

Nor doesit count what I play on my iPod.

The 10 most played since October 2003:

Utopia - Goldfrapp - 101 plays

New Born - Muse - 92

Later Tonight - Pet Shop Boys - 85

Aquarius - Boards Of Canada - 83

Whispers - Ian Brown - 83

Wild Is The Wind - David Bowie - 79

Just A Game - Chungking - 78

Memories Of Green - Vangelis - 75

Strict Machine - Goldfrapp - 75

Black Milk - Massive Attack - 73

Aye, I wish it synched the two together. For example I must have listened to Nin's 'With Teeth' seven or eight times on the Ipod, but never on the PC, so the count is zero.

My iTunes counts what I play on my iPod and on my computer. As soon as I plug the iPod into the computer it updates the song counts.

The Hardest Button To Button - The White Stripes. 52 plays.

iTunes system for counting is a bit off though, I quite often skip songs if they have a long outro or a big chunk of silence at the end and I don't think it counts those.

Nor doesit count what I play on my iPod.

Exactly. I'm usually so impatient that I skip the fade out part of nearly all my songs so my play counts are all pretty low.