IGNORED

Neo Geo Pocket

Matt

So I've just got a Neo geo pocket today from gamestation but I don't have any games for it yet. So I was woundering, what games are worth getting. Currently I only plan on getting Pacman and sonic... what other good ones are there?

Also, it says the "sub battery" is dead... is the sub battery the one thats like a watch battery in the compartment that you have to open with a coin?

Also, it says the "sub battery" is dead... is the sub battery the one thats like a watch battery in the compartment that you have to open with a coin?

Yup, a standard CR2032 (iirc) available from anywhere. Get the Metal Slug games for it as well...they provide me with hours of fun whilst sat on the toilet...

:)

Watch battery CR32 I think.

Card. Fighters. Clash.

It is the greatest of the greatest grasshopper. Either version will do. If you have a preference towards Capcom or SNK let that make the choice. Can be gotten cheaply on Egay now aswell.

GO NOW!

Cotton - shooting akshun

Faselei - SRPG, be sure to find a US cart unless you know your japanese

Dynamite Slugger or Baseball Stars - er... baseball.... and shit

Most of the others are fighters, some nifty ones include SNK vs Capcom, KOF R2, Samurai Showdown 2 and Last Blade.

Another vote for Cotton but you might have a bit of trouble finding a clamshell copy. The Japanese ones are reasonably straightforward to get hold of.

I can't believe that no one's mentioned Metal Slug: Second Mission. It's got speech and everything. However, there are superior versions around nowadays.

EDIT: MotM is really good especially the mini games.

I also wouldn't pay over the odds for Faselei! It's quite good but I prefer the more simplistic feel of Biomotor Unitron.

King of Fighters R2 might be worth getting if you can't get hold of MotM

Neo Turf Masters is essential.

o/\o

And I can't stand sport-golf games to be honest so it must be good. Faselei! is ace, as mentioned, but not everybody's cuppa. MotM is surpsingly good too, except the cheating last boss :( I remember getting it and thinking it'd be like Last Blade (which is slow and plodding, kind of like all handheld fighters I'd played) but man is it fast, furious and totally hardcore. I can do all the same cheesy/shit moves with Ken too :P

Apart from that, there's NOTHING. Okay, maybe Metal Slug 2... and OMG: Puzzle Bobble is a must.

Card. Fighters. Clash.

It is the greatest of the greatest grasshopper. Either version will do. If you have a preference towards Capcom or SNK let that make the choice. Can be gotten cheaply on Egay now aswell.

GO NOW!

I have a NeoGeo Pocket (colour) with this game, and as much fun as I've had leafing through the decks I've never tried to learn and play it. Why is it so good? I have the Capcom ver BTW.

I have a NeoGeo Pocket (colour) with this game, and as much fun as I've had leafing through the decks I've never tried to learn and play it. Why is it so good? I have the Capcom ver BTW.

Has one of my posts been deleted from this thread?

Anyway, its easy to pick up (REALLY EASY) and impossible to put down. Simple but extremely effective.

Not by me (and i've kept an eye on it as it's showing in my searches). What did it say/did you do it yourself? :lol:

Well I was drinking wine last night so it may not have even happened. I'm just sure that I posted after magic lord stated that there "is NOTHING else" on the NGPC. But I may have written a reply and not posted it by accident. The reasoning of a drunk eh?

No matter :)

• 2 months later...

I just got one of these from Play Asia. Gamestation seem to have sold out and I would've got one from there to save the extortionate postage and VAT. However, the Play Asia ones don't come in that awful blister packaging.

It came with:

Neo Turf Masters (stunning)

King of Fighters R2

Fatal Fury First Contact

Metal Slug 1st Mission

Samurai Shodown 2

Pac-Man

It also came with a game called Daihanabi which is all in Japanese and looks like some kind of one armed bandit type thing ;)

My only experience of the console was a few minutes in GAME when it launched. I chose the GBC over it coz of the pedigree but I always regretted not getting an NGPC.

For me, it's the best design of handheld ever. The D pad and buttons are in the right places and feel good. The D pad in particular is a great design. And I love the little indentation under the cartridge slot the back. It's just right for resting my fingers in as I play :wub:

An utterly great console and a real shame it didn't take off in the UK.

For me, it's the best design of handheld ever. The D pad and buttons are in the right places and feel good. The D pad in particular is a great design. And I love the little indentation under the cartridge slot the back. It's just right for resting my fingers in as I play

o/\o

It's certainly very easy on the hand. Modern handhelds should borrow some of those features.

The DS and PSP are so uncomfortable.

• 4 months later...

So, thanks to michael I've now got my very own NGPC + Card Fighters, with Neo Turf Masters and Picture Puzzle on their way from ebay. Lovely. Mind you, I agree it's a bit hard getting used to a non-backlit screen these days.

Couple of questions:

1. Is it region-free?

2. How long will it last on a pair of AA batteries?

Glad it arrived safely, Graham!

It's the very definition of region-free, though I've not really seen much to import that you couldn't get in Europe. There's a version of Cool Cool Toon that links up to the DC (they made a special link up cable for it - also works with a King of Fighters game, if I recall), but not much else bar loooooads of Fruit machine sims. Oh, and it'll run for ages on a good pair of batteries, easily on a par with a GBC. Hours and hours!