rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kyoshiro

Adlib Comic

Meditation - 4

Animal Farm - 3

Carpe Diem, Egg, and Accounting are all fives, and Fluffy Bunny Rabbits got an audible chuckle from someone else in the office. I also like Cogito Ergo Sum, but like you say it's not really a laugh out loud joke.

And they go through the ugly duckling? Never seen that one, damn would be annoying if it was already done before on something as popular as the simpsons.

I don't remember that episode having anything to do with the ugly duckling at all - the one where the guy draws her with rollerskates is the only one I can think of where Lisa gets a caricature done?

Also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Already_Did_It :lol:

So I'm up to 30 strips now. The art's improving, I've got something to draw every week, it's what I set out to do. But what do you guys think? Is it getting funnier, worse, or has it just been bad all along?

34: Very hastily drawn in record time. It just feels silly to spend so much time drawing these every week to mildly entertain (or not) someone for all of 4 seconds, and I'm really not happy with the standard of the last one so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be doing this...

I don't remember that episode having anything to do with the ugly duckling at all - the one where the guy draws her with rollerskates is the only one I can think of where Lisa gets a caricature done?

Also - <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Already_Did_It" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpsons_Already_Did_It</a> :D

It's only one line: As you no doubt remember, Lisa sees the caricature and thinks she looks as ugly as is portrayed. Marge tries to cheer her up with the story of the ugly duckling, but Lisa responds "So you do think I'm ugly?" *bursts into tears*

Went back and looked through loads of them. Music made me laugh a lot.

As before, are those the highest res of each comic on your website?

Yup sorry, the only higher res ones are the original scans.

Thanks for checking, I think updates will be very sporadic this time..

I'd forgotten about these. Came back and read the updates since my last visit. Really, really good.

I think it's at it's worst when you veer too close to Bill Watterson's art style, or use gags / punchlines which feel like Calivn & Hobbes gags, but it takes time to shake off your influences and find your own voice. They're reliably funny, and brilliantly drawn, which is already better than most newspaper strips.

Keep it up, I love them!