rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kyoshiro

Adlib Comic

Very nice. Like this one a lot.

Constructive crit: the third frame, don't think you need him kissing the girl, I think another shot of him doing something keerazy and daring and then straight to the pub would be more punchy.

Very nice. Like this one a lot.

Constructive crit: the third frame, don't think you need him kissing the girl, I think another shot of him doing something keerazy and daring and then straight to the pub would be more punchy.

hmm true, maybe like climbing the tower to reach her. I think I was just afraid some people wouldn't get that there was a princess to be saved or something, but that actually would've made a better strip by implying it rather than showing it.

Ah well, that's what you get for not drawing a rough thumbnail beforehand! It's the holidays and I don't have lectures to idle away brainstorming comic ideas y'see...

hmm true, maybe like climbing the tower to reach her. I think I was just afraid some people wouldn't get that there was a princess to be saved or something, but that actually would've made a better strip by implying it rather than showing it.

Ah well, that's what you get for not drawing a rough thumbnail beforehand! It's the holidays and I don't have lectures to idle away brainstorming comic ideas y'see...

Yeah climbing the tower would have worked well I think. Still, very much liking the series. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ste and Gwyn, that's a relief to hear I was having a hard time telling if the humour's gone down in the last few. I'm really having trouble figuring out a pattern, a lot of the more popular strips were ideas I considered rejecting as being too weak...

I have to say also that this is a clear reason of why practice makes perfect. Really digging them. Is there a higher res image of Cogito Ergo Sum? Want to print it out and shove it on my wall.

Like blow your brains out all over his bedroom. Anyway, your work is really great. I like it. remember me when your rich and famous, you talented git.

happy to oblige. Can't wait until exams are over, this has succeeded in getting me interested in art again! Gotta improve my life drawing, anatomy, painting, get into digital art...

Very cool. I suppose the thing your comics have - which I think separates the better ones from the good but not quite so impacting - is genuine pathos. (Number 15 has taken pride of place beneath my Top Gear calendar, by the way.)

I'm enjoying it enormously, and am proud to say I use that wall paper image on my desktop!

Comparisons to Bill Waterson in the artwork stakes, to be sure - good comps though.