Foo Fighters

Thread Owner

Its it wrong that one of my highlights was Sam Ryder and Queen doing somebody to love.? Just about the least Rock and Roll singer you can think of but he totally owned it and his vocals were amazing

Watching now, pity they brought out Dave Chappelle.

But getting Nile Rodgers out, just amazing, and Josh Homme doesn't get enough appreciation for his singing voice imo

23 minutes ago, wev said:

But getting Nile Rodgers out, just amazing, and Josh Homme doesn't get enough appreciation for his singing voice imo

Yeah, he didn't really bring anything to it, but I'm not a fan of his anyway.  Josh did a better Bowie than Elton, but it was all good and seeing Them Crooked Vultures altogether was :omg:

2 hours ago, wev said:

I dunno, from what I remember, he was telling a pretty heart warming story about Taylor and how they'd hung out before.

13 hours ago, Festoon said:

Well, it's closer to the event.

Apparently Brain May had a near collapse immediately prior to the Freddie Mercury gig and needed a huge push just to get onstage. he played really badly that night too.

As Stoppy2000 says, John Deacon is not a man to show his emotions easily but he basically packed in his music career as he couldn't deal with Freddie's absence.

I didn’t know about all this. Poor guys. 

Had to split the concert into two, Rush are playing now and I could easily watch Geddy Lee's technique all day long. The little flick when he plays the d-string thats just next level.

8 hours ago, dino_jr said:

Think they may announce retirement after the LA gig? Led Zeppelin and Rush did after the drummers died...

What else do they have to prove? I don't see how they get a new drummer to gel TBH.

they should get the guy who played drums in Nirvana, I don’t think he’s done much since then.

I think that's the way they should go, the chemistry between Hawkins and Grohl was always a big part of their live shows. I can see Grohl continuing to make music though, joining friends bands for recordings and the like (or bringing back Then Crooked Vultures, or his Probot thing)

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dino_jr said:

Link is down, has anywhere else got the full 6hr show to watch/stream?

On that note the 2nd show is this Tuesday from Los Angeles. Not sure where we in the UK can watch it.

I downloaded it, just incase that happened 👍