IGNORED

Foo Fighters

Thread Owner

I think Ryan Davis (RIP) once said, in an uncharitable moment, that the Foo Fighters were no one's favourite band.  Well, they are mine and this is horribly sad news.  I've seen them a couple of times live and they were ace.

His poor family.

16 hours ago, Bucky said:

I think Ryan Davis (RIP) once said, in an uncharitable moment, that the Foo Fighters were no one's favourite band.

I was shocked by the news and of course feel heartbroken for his wife and children, friends and the Foo's. However they have somehow become the Hard Rock version of U2. They're very popular, make (or did make) great singles and play massive shows. But you never hear them mentioned as an influence by newer bands. There's respect there because Dave Grohl was the drummer in Nirvana. And that the first Foo's album is a masterpiece that he made on his own. 

Anyway RIP Taylor Hawkins. He seemed like a good bloke who had the grapefruits to audition to be the drummer in Dave Grohl's band. And did it successfully for 25 years.

6 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

I was shocked by the news and of course feel heartbroken for his wife and children, friends and the Foo's. However they have somehow become the Hard Rock version of U2. They're very popular, make (or did make) great singles and play massive shows. But you never hear them mentioned as an influence by newer bands. There's respect there because Dave Grohl was the drummer in Nirvana. And that the first Foo's album is a masterpiece that he made on his own. 

Anyway RIP Taylor Hawkins. He seemed like a good bloke who had the grapefruits to audition to be the drummer in Dave Grohl's band. And did it successfully for 25 years.

Definitely the time to find out what Hanzo thinks of the Foo Fighters.