rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rubberducker

Xbox 360

Nothing official has come out of Microsoft yet, reguarding any news of the launch day lineup.

Yes it has. They confirmed PD0, Kameo and PGR3 are definitely going to make launch (all three first-party titles).

Can't Sega quickly port some DC stuff to Xbox Live Arcade so we actually have some killer apps for launch? :lol:

IIRC my zipped copy of Ikaruga is only ~20Mb's, perfect size for download... someone call Treasure.

they wont put it back surely.

Havent they already starting boxing uo those bad boys for launch? Couldn't the lack of launch titles be another one of microsofts little jokes so that a week before launch they can go AHA GOT YOU, LOOK AT ALL THESE GAMES COMING OUT?

Yes it has.  They confirmed PD0, Kameo and PGR3 are definitely going to make launch (all three first-party titles).

If I remember correctly, they were very careful with their wording at X05. They were confirmed as definite initial launch window (pre Christmas) but not 100% Day One - probably will be though.

they wont put it back surely.

Havent they already starting boxing uo those bad boys for launch? Couldn't the lack of launch titles be another one of microsofts little jokes so that a week before launch they can go AHA GOT YOU, LOOK AT ALL THESE GAMES COMING OUT?

There are loads of launch titles so far.

After smugly reading the posts by those who've missed out I toddled into Gamestation in the centre of Newcastle today to see how my pre-order stood. I pre-ordered ages ago so was quietly confident. Man behind counter looked pityingly at me and went off to get the pre-order list.

They've had 81 pre-orders. They have been told they are getting 15 machines although he said it could be less. I'm number 14 on the list. Now I'm worried, if I'd been in the first 10 I would have been quite happy but anyway.

Good news was that they are going by the list in terms of priority. If they get 15 machines they ring the first 15 people on the list. I'll be waiting on tenterhooks for that phone call and getting my wife to collect me from town. I'm not going to be the one getting mugged on the way home.

I'll be waiting on tenterhooks for that phone call and getting my wife to collect me from town. I'm not going to be the one getting mugged on the way home.

Is your wife double-hard or will you just let the muggers have her?

I paid the deposit and pre-ordered in Game in Hammersmith. I'm number 24 on the list and they reckon they're getting 30 machines for launch.

As luck would have it I'm in the States on 24th Nov, so maybe I can pick up a 360 there.

Are you married to Cynthia Rothrock?

No, but she's like the landlady in Kung Fu Hustle, if she starts shouting you need to get out the way. Also she'll be driving and she drives like The Transporter so she'll get me and my precious cargo home safely before the word gets out that there is a 360 on the streets.

It's going to be like a stealth game just getting these things home.

I'm number 34 at my local Game strore, which hopefully should get me a day one machine.

I thought it would be wise to up my chances by buying £600 worth of gift vouchers [on three seperate Game gift cards]...not sure if it will work...but its worth a try :wacko:

How many machines are Game getting per store? After all those rumours of Gamestation getting the bulk of the UK order I was a bit surprised to hear that the Newcastle upon Tyne city centre store was only getting 15.

How many machines are Game getting per store?

Nobody seems to know for sure. If MS have told Game how many they are getting and its a low number, do you think they would tell people they won't be getting a console? I'd think they would wait to tell them on the 2nd as they then have less chance of cancelling the pre-order and trying someplace else.

How many machines are Game getting per store? After all those rumours of Gamestation getting the bulk of the UK order I was a bit surprised to hear that the Newcastle upon Tyne city centre store was only getting 15.

15 is the bulk of the UK order though.

Visited my local Toys R Us today. I pre-ordered there on 22/08/05, and thought I would pop in to get the latest information.

They still do not know how many units the store will recieve, or what packs thay will be offering.

Guy at Gamestation today rang up head office who repeated what is on the website: anyone with a preorder dated earlier than the 24th September is getting one of the first batch. Lucky I got mine in on the 17th!

Midnight launch too, can't wait.