rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy_Sephy

The Tales Of Eternia thread

I saw both Breath of Fire III and Tales of Eternia today. Thought I'd check here before buying one. The start of the thread makes them sound bad, but seems to get better in the last few posts. So are either of them actually good, or best avoided?

Damn Tesco

Re: Your Tesco.com order placed on Monday 07 November 2005 (order no)

This order has now been fully cancelled. The product won't be delivered to you, and you won't get charged for the order.

The item in this order was:

1 x Tales Of Eternia

Cancelled - sorry, we are unable to obtain this item - Friday 10 February 2006

We are sorry that your order has been cancelled on this occasion, but hope that you will return to shop with Extra online at Tesco.com in the future.

Kind regards,

The Tesco.com team

It is not like you didn't get enough warning to order it!!! Looks like I'll be placing the order with Gameplay after all.

Tesco.com are fucking shit. Never order from them, they rarely manage to actually fulfil any orders, especially if the item looks like a bargain.

I saw both Breath of Fire III and Tales of Eternia today. Thought I'd check here before buying one. The start of the thread makes them sound bad, but seems to get better in the last few posts. So are either of them actually good, or best avoided?

ToE makes for excellent bed-time adventuring............and we got it before the septics

Damn Tesco

It is not like you didn't get enough warning to order it!!! Looks like I'll be placing the order with Gameplay after all.

THE COCKS

especially as they sent me an email yesterday saying it was out the next day ;)

In that case I probably wont be getting this yet :(

Tesco.com are fucking shit. Never order from them, they rarely manage to actually fulfil any orders, especially if the item looks like a bargain.

They weren't too bad with me when I ordered Mario Kart DS from them for like £19. If I recall correctly it was delivered to me on the day it was released or very soon thereafter.

Mine arrived yesterday from Play.com. Now I just need to find time to play it, amongst my busy schedule, my ongoing Lumines addiction, and the odd dabbling in Baito Hell 2000.

Later.

Bought yesterday, but I'd a headache last night and couldn't play it. Please tell me you can save anywhere?

Bought yesterday, but I'd a headache last night and couldn't play it. Please tell me you can save anywhere?

No there are save points.

It doesn't matter though as its the usual turn off then back on and the game is where you left it.

Played some more and must say I am really enjoying it. It's reminding me of the good old days of ToS. It may not be a wonderful game, I may just like it so much as there is fuck all else out the PSP. Time will tell.

No there are save points.

It doesn't matter though as its the usual turn off then back on and the game is where you left it.

Played some more and must say I am really enjoying it. It's reminding me of the good old days of ToS.  It may not be a wonderful game, I may just like it so much as there is fuck all else out the PSP. Time will tell.

you can save anywhere

I'm starting to get into it now. Fantastic presentation. I haven't played it on the PSX, but I think the PSP version is taking full advantage of the system. I haven't seen any loading times, and the display doesn't look squashed.

The battle system is class. Did Tales of Phantasia use this system too?

Later.

I picked this up today and its very good so far. A by the numbers RPG thats very polished and has a superb battle system.

At the start of the game I thought it was a japanease game with subtitles, but it was just a different race speaking a different language from the rest of the main characters.

But Namco Bandai don't have European offices. I think it's just a mistake as the US release is this month and it will be published by Namco Bandai, plus there are no other sources confirming an European release.

Its for sale on Amazon. New and 2nd hand.

Its for sale on Amazon. New and 2nd hand.

Are you talking about Legendia as all I can find are the strategy guide and OST. Eternia is however available both new and second hand.

Are you talking about Legendia as all I can find are the strategy guide and OST. Eternia is however available both new and second hand.

Oops bit of a mix up I meant Eternia

more impressions please, I need to decide wether to get eternia . GoF or Gottlieb pinball today ;)

I'm around 3 hours into it and really enjoying it. The presentation is lovely and the music is pretty top notch as well. Straight away it's hinting to some bigger things, both in the past and in the future of the game world, and it's drip feeding the information to you. The writing is pretty good and there are big sections (in game cut scenes where you have limited control sometimes) that have reasonable voice acting on.

The battle system is fully interactive - you combo your way through the enemies, set the AI up for your comrades and really get into it. Nice and easy to get the hang of as well.

I think it's great, personally.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if anyone's interested I've got this game up for sale in the trading section at £26 inc. p&p (barely touched, unwanted gift). Cheers <_<

EDIT: SOLD

I'm only 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it so far too. Like dazmeister says, there are hints of big things to come in the story, as well as the backstory.

Although I've still not really got to grips with the battle system properly. But I think I'm almost there.

I'm only 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it so far too. Like dazmeister says, there are hints of big things to come in the story, as well as the backstory.

Although I've still not really got to grips with the battle system properly. But I think I'm almost there.

I found that getting close to the enemies and continuously jumping and pressing X whilst in the air works very effectively (perhaps too effectively) in the early stages of the game.

Today I discovered this game has bears eggs. It cannot get any better than this!

[EDIT] And that was my 6,000th post.