IGNORED

Xbox Live!

Blue

Let me make this clear right away. I love Xbox Live. I love that I don't have to have any friends or feed them pizza and beer to have access to quality, human, multiplayer opponents.

No, my problem with it is that I have frequently had the "Unable to connect to Xbox live, please try again later" message and, much worse, on about 4 occasions this year have lost my connection altogether due to it losing my MAC number, or IP address etc etc requiring hours of research to cure the problem.

Is it just me? Is this just the way of online gaming?

Anyone else had any connection difficulties?

Should we be demanding Microsoft improve the stability of Live in the next gen'?

I'm not a big user of Live but haven't had any of the problems that you've mentioned. Only time I had a problem it was my own fault in that I switched from one xbox to another but forgot to turn off the router and reconnect. The mac addresses of the different xbox confused the router and I got the kind of errors you describe.

Let me make this clear right away. I love Xbox Live. I love that I don't have to have any friends or feed them pizza and beer to have access to quality, human, multiplayer opponents.

No, my problem with it is that I have frequently had the "Unable to connect to Xbox live, please try again later" message and, much worse, on about 4 occasions this year have lost my connection altogether due to it losing my MAC number, or IP address etc etc requiring hours of research to cure the problem.

Should we be demanding Microsoft improve the stability of Live in the next gen'?

If I have ever had the 'Unable to connect' message, it has been a problem with my provider although I think that has only happened twice. It was dead easy to set-up and seems to have been stable since (Burnout 3 fiasco aside but that wasn't Microsofts fault).

So as it stands if I plug my XBox or PS2 into my NTL cable modem, they won't work online because I was using the modem for the PC earlier?

You have to turn the power off on the modem for about 30 seconds or so and then away you go.

Yes.

Yes, it's looking that way on here at least , which I'm very pleased about, but if you do encounter loss of connection and start scouring the sites for an answer on how to fix it you soon dicover that you are not alone in having weird problems.

Halo 2 is a Godsend when things go haywire too because it analyses the problem and gets you pointing in the right direction.

I used to have a lot of problems connecting in Halo to specific games, like when I got invites from guys on here for Halo, but never have any issues jumping into any old game with random people.

Madden has been a great one for me this gen, I've had some great games with strangers where we have talked to each other through the game, others with total tossers and you just switch their sound off, so its a winner.

I think this time round there will be some improvements in connections, but Xbox Live was a great start to real online multiplayer and multi title playing

The ONLY problems I've had with XBL is with EA titles (TS:FP and BO3 specifically). Everything else I've played (PES4, PGR2, MM3, XIII, O2, GRIT, other abbrievated games) has been fine.

Yes, it's looking that way on here at least , which I'm very pleased about, but if you do encounter loss of connection and start scouring the sites for an answer on how to fix it you soon dicover that you are not alone in having weird problems.

Well theres a simple answer to that, MS only control a small part of the service.

They are at the mercy of YOUR service providers.

It's hardly MS's fault if YOUR service provider is shitty now, is it?

Well theres a simple answer to that, MS only control a small part of the service.

They are at the mercy of YOUR service providers.

It's hardly MS's fault if YOUR service provider is shitty now, is it?

Well I've never had a problem with the PC connection that the Xbox is hooked up to, but I don't know about these things so you may well be right. If a little aggressive. :D