Crackdown

northy

No....My TV isn't wide screen.

Its only a Panni thing. Not even HD. I'll try Widescreen though.

.::: I'd check the video options in your system 'blade', just to be sure. Maybe it forces widescreen RE4-style though...

Bingo!

I suggest the second profile route, to preserve your first effort. Apparently the official Crackdown forums are full of people clamouring for a new game plus mode or such, so I wouldn't delete that first save - keep that for online co-op hijinks.

Ahh.

I shall keep on the look out. Seems strange that they don't allow you to play again anyway really.

When you're the only guy who has actually managed this race (out of the ten or so who have tried and failed repeatedly), chances are that it is actually quite tricky. :angry:

Well, my point was that people seem to be pushing for a 'perfect' lap and I was pointing out that I can do it 8seconds under the time without a perfect lap so you can afford to ease off a bit. Sometimes it's faster to make sure you're in the right position and be within your limits rather than going all out for the best possible lap and failing several times.

Well, my point was that people seem to be pushing for a 'perfect' lap and I was pointing out that I can do it 8seconds under the time without a perfect lap so you can afford to ease off a bit. Sometimes it's faster to make sure you're in the right position and be within your limits rather than going all out for the best possible lap and failing several times.

Yeah, Cheeko's right. After loads of attempts yesterday I managed to complete this race with a second to spare. There are many tight turns in this race, so if you do go flat out, you will end up crashing into the wall at some point, which will add vital seconds to your time.

I used the switching cars method (I left the Supercar at checkpoint 6, just after the bollards). The supercar can get through the small tunnel, as long as you angle it fairly close to straight on. If you do find that you've hit the side, just hold down the accelerator and turn into the tunnel and your car will right itself and go through within a second or two.

Accuracy > Speed

I've only just discovered that the agency keep has exits to the other two cities and has a hole you can jump through to get to the Agency Tower. :angry: Is it possible to throw a car through the hole? I tried a few times unsuccessfully.

You can certainly drive a 4* SUV through the hole. Rowan Morrison and I were doing just that on Friday.

:angry: it's tiny though. I'm only on 2stars (been neglecting the driving stats), will have to try driving through.

You can only do it with the 4* SUV, as you'll need the super grip feature that the other versions don't have before being able to drive up there.

Sorry....bit new to all this and not had much time to play but this is superb.

I'm really rather glad i decided to make the jump to 360 after all my waffle. Even my fucking dad was amazed when he saw the landscapes and my dad hates videogames normally. On PGR he actually said "i could get into this".

It was a real moment of dad love.

(the last game i actually played with my dad was Microprose's Gunship!).

But anyway....the fact you can climb massive buildings and look down on a world as detailed as something like JSR but completely open is mindblowing really. Just to look down and see the world operataing sans the fog of a PS2.

Thats one thing i never get actually and i've always wanted to suffer virtigo in a computer game.

Thats just great. To be actually able to induce a real feeling like that.

Its something quite a lot of people get in 3D games although (having bungeed) i do have a head for heights.

Usually after a few beers.

Yeah, it bloody tells you at the end of the video!

Precisely! That's just how I found out. Still, I'm glad the other fella hadn't noticed, since I was watching it with the sound off. I like a bit of Shins (ie. the Garden State soundtrack), and I might just plump for the album after hearing that.

Still haven't had a chance to try that flying SUV trick myself yet. Hopefully tonight.

Thats one thing i never get actually and i've always wanted to suffer virtigo in a computer game.

Thats just great. To be actually able to induce a real feeling like that.

Its something quite a lot of people get in 3D games although (having bungeed) i do have a head for heights.

Usually after a few beers.

I got vertigo-ish-ness each time I had to scale Cowell's tower (oo-er!), knowing that there was a very strong chance I would plummet to my doom.

I'm working as a designer on this, so I just thought I'd bring people's attention to its newly announced existence.

http://www.xbox360news.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_572.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/

Not really in a position at the moment to answer too many questions etc. yet but will be in due course (that's if people actually care!)

Edit: Eurogamer link

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61083

Another Edit: Eurogamer link 2

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71307

I bought crackdown the day it came out and just wanted to say what a good game it was, you lot did a good job on the game, I hope they end up bringing out a sequal to crackdown.

I noticed this the other day and now can't help looking at it and letting it annoy me, so I thought I'd tell you guys aswell to annoy you.

On the loading screen with the spinning police logo, the lights that go round the bottom bit are all nice and smooth until just before it disappears off the right hand side and it jolts back a frame, there's a glitch in the animation, so annoying!

DURING A RACE! I should think you WOULD want to keep that quiet, you dishonourable cur.

And who taught me that fucking trick on my very first agility race in co-op? I suppose it wasn't you that stopped to blow out my tyres in the middle of a co-op car race either.

I bought crackdown the day it came out and just wanted to say what a good game it was, you lot did a good job on the game, I hope they end up bringing out a sequal to crackdown.

Definitely!

Plenty DLC first please. :(

I really can't see how GTA can top this. Certainly not graphically.

Not being a garish hodge-podge of repetitive textures and a feeble cel-shading afterhthought would be a start. :D

By the by, if anyone was holding out, the Asian version of this works flawlessly on a PAL console. £23. You buy!!

And who taught me that fucking trick on my very first agility race in co-op? I suppose it wasn't you that stopped to blow out my tyres in the middle of a co-op car race either.

You're living in the past, Puck666. Quit living in the past! Besides, having your tyres shot out is a minor inconvenience and my hand was forced by the inexplicable lack of cars to hijack. I was merely levelling the playing field, but when you kicked me off the top of that tower you were just being malicious. I only wish I'd remembered to leave negative feedback, you horrible cunt.

You're living in the past, Puck666. Quit living in the past! Besides, having your tyres shot out is a minor inconvenience and my hand was forced by the inexplicable lack of cars to hijack. I was merely levelling the playing field, but when you kicked me off the top of that tower you were just being malicious. I only wish I'd remembered to leave negative feedback, you horrible cunt.

Neatly glossing over the fact that in our very first agility race, before even moving off, you're first action was to kick me to the kerb. The kerb! :D

Anyhoo, wanna try that ramp truck onto roof of SUV, tiddly-wink into orbit thing?

Neatly glossing over the fact that in our very first agility race, before even moving off, you're first action was to kick me to the kerb. The kerb! :D

I merely pressed the wrong button in all the excitement. I was trying to jump. Surely you don't think I'd do something like that deliberately? I consider you a friend.

Anyhoo, wanna try that ramp truck onto roof of SUV, tiddly-wink into orbit thing?

With YOU? Of course I do.