Crackdown

northy

You're a sick man Rowan.

It was especially satisfying when I hit someone and they landed right on top of the pile. My top tip for corpse-stacking: use the gun melee. They won't travel as far or get stuck in a tree.

I also spent some time trying to drape the lion statues in the Shai Gen decorative square with dead bodies, the Havok physics made that a real challenge. With hilarious results!

I did not. I assume that's to do with horizontal distance, and the corpse quickly settled into a comfortable plummet. I've tried to get that a number of times with no luck...

I threw a peacekeeper off the oil rig where you fought one of the bosses. Got the achievement there - mighty happy I was too cause I was only out there again looking for orbs and when there wasnt any I decided to take my frustration out on the peacekeepers!

Also just spent the last hour or so shooting things and now my firearms are maxed along with everything else! Yay :P

Still havent got the explode 100 objects thingy yet - where is the best place to do that? On the beach in the first area there appears to be loads of the cans knocking about on the pier - is that the best place?

Still havent got the explode 100 objects thingy yet - where is the best place to do that? On the beach in the first area there appears to be loads of the cans knocking about on the pier - is that the best place?

I can't remember if I've got that, but the Volk chemical plant is bound to be a winner. there are loads of little barrels and a number of large gas tanks and vehicles.

How the hell are you supposed to lob something 200 feet (or whatever the achievement is)?
I did not. I assume that's to do with horizontal distance, and the corpse quickly settled into a comfortable plummet. I've tried to get that a number of times with no luck...

This achievement also had me stumped after throwing gas cans and bricks off high buildings and not getting the achievement.

It can be done, though, from the top of the Shai Gen tower. Throwing a gang member's corpse from the top of the Shai-Gen building is how I got the achievement. I think I may have only been at 2 stars strength, though it could have been 3. I took a running jump, aiming upwards at a 45-degree angle and also made sure I was throwing into an open area.

The exploding 100 objects one I found was very easy on the pier. There's a ring of explosive cans that can all be detonated with one grenade/rocket. Then about a 10 seconds run away there are a large group of cans littering the pier. Destroying all of these will take about 20 seconds, and if you haven't yet got the achievement by then, it's fairly near the road so you can find some cars to blow up.

Another way of getting the shot putter achievement:

Do the Agency building climb, pretty near the top there's various lights on the sides of the three towers, if you jump on top them (they aren't high) the bulb breaks off which you can then lob for bloody miles :]

I noticed that I haven't got the kill 200 gang members without dying achivement...

I blame you, dogsout :P

Set skill level to Tough, get the Firefly, get a hit squad after you, kill all of them, don't play in co-op if your partner keeps killing you.

A super easy way to get the shot putter achievement is to throw any dead body into the sea, from anywhere.

I did this with a small throw and got it. The "sea" is a never ending pit to dead bodies, and they just keep on falling.

The exploding 100 objects one I found was very easy on the pier. There's a ring of explosive cans that can all be detonated with one grenade/rocket. Then about a 10 seconds run away there are a large group of cans littering the pier. Destroying all of these will take about 20 seconds, and if you haven't yet got the achievement by then, it's fairly near the road so you can find some cars to blow up.

Did this there.

As someone has said before the barrels respawn if you turn your back on them. Easy peasy.

I was just pretty high up a building, damn high actually. Rooftop jumping and then this car shot by me and smashed into the side of a building! FUCK knows how it got so high, certainly not from a ramp.

I was just pretty high up a building, damn high actually. Rooftop jumping and then this car shot by me and smashed into the side of a building! FUCK knows how it got so high, certainly not from a ramp.

Sounds like an enemy clipped in or summat.

There's one race left for me to do to get the achievement for all the races, and it's a toughie. I think I mixed it up with another race when I was talking about it earlier in this thread - it's the one with the Alleyways of the Den and it's horrible. Suddenly the difficulty curve has gone vertical compared to the other races - for a start, it seems that you can't use the supercar (two areas have narrow parts which make it impossible for the supercar to fit down), there's sodding peds everywhere and killing enough of them brings you the wrath of the Agency. Plus! Racing is always best done at night when there are fewer cars, so you end up waiting for it to become night again as well as waiting for the Agency hate meter to go down as you wait to attempt it again. Plus the time limit is insanely tight. You have to perform a flawless run with nothing interfering with your car like sideswipes from other cars.

In short, it's 100% evil. I'm beginning to think this was a stupid design decision.

edit - Scarily comprehensive secret orb map and screenshots!

Sadly I need one for agility to track down those last remaining two I'm missing...

Awesome find. I wasn't going to bother hunting for all the hidden orbs but I think I will now.

A warning: it's still a real grind. I found 249 in my travels before moving to that map. It still took me about four solid hours to finish them off.

Well, actually, I'd started at 249 with a map but no photos. When I moved to the map with photos (1) it had different numbering and (2) I had to go back to the beginning to mop up those I had missed. That 50 points is worth it though. 900/900 ftw! Can't wait for downloadable achievements! [/gamerscorewhore].

did anyone manage to score a basket with the basketball?

and is there a game anywhere in the universe that has a ferris wheel that isn't a total bastard? it's like they were playing mario sunshine and they thought, y'know this ferris wheel coin challenge is fun, how can we make something that fun? gah!

Wow! Anybody get the long throw achivement using anything other than a corpse?

Yes with a chair taken from the office under the dome at the top of Cowell's tower - almost seemed random, but ducks and light bulbs and corpses did nothing for me, even from the top of the Agency tower

There's one race left for me to do to get the achievement for all the races, and it's a toughie. I think I mixed it up with another race when I was talking about it earlier in this thread - it's the one with the Alleyways of the Den and it's horrible. Suddenly the difficulty curve has gone vertical compared to the other races - for a start, it seems that you can't use the supercar (two areas have narrow parts which make it impossible for the supercar to fit down), there's sodding peds everywhere and killing enough of them brings you the wrath of the Agency. Plus! Racing is always best done at night when there are fewer cars, so you end up waiting for it to become night again as well as waiting for the Agency hate meter to go down as you wait to attempt it again. Plus the time limit is insanely tight. You have to perform a flawless run with nothing interfering with your car like sideswipes from other cars.

In short, it's 100% evil. I'm beginning to think this was a stupid design decision.

Has anyone completed this race (Alleys of the Den in the Volk district). It seems an order of magnitude more difficult than all the other races and challenges in the game. I seem to have about 9 checkpoints left when the time has expired because the first third is so tricky. Are there any short cuts or tips?

Finally got the last Agility Orb so my life is complete (well OK there are the 130 odd hidden ones to find). The pesky thing was of course in full view on a high rock between the quarry and the observatory area.

Yes with a chair taken from the office under the dome at the top of Morley's tower - almost seemed random, but ducks and light bulbs and corpses did nothing for me, even from the top of the Agency tower

Has anyone completed this race (Alleys of the Den in the Volk district). It seems an order of magnitude more difficult than all the other races and challenges in the game. I seem to have about 9 checkpoints left when the time has expired because the first third is so tricky. Are there any short cuts or tips?

Finally got the last Agility Orb so my life is complete (well OK there are the 130 odd hidden ones to find). The pesky thing was of course in full view on a high rock between the quarry and the observatory area.

It'll be interesting to see footage on YouTube of someone completing that challenge and the ferris wheel running challenge. Both are a lot harader than the rest of the challenges, and are stopping me from getting those achievements. I found my last agility orb tonight and it was in a sneaky place I hadn't really thought of looking - the top of the Knowledge Bank (the circular structure). I know it sounds like an obvious place but if you look at the shape of the thing from a distance at low level, the agility orbs are sneakily hidden.

Also thanks to playing with novinha on co-op, I found out some sneaky ways of getting other achievements - like the Hang Time achievement where you're in your car airborne for seven seconds as well as the Front Flipper achievement. Both involve using the hideout of Axton Cowell in the Shai Gen district. I'll leave it at that.

I managed to get the Rampage achievement too without actually, er, achieving it. In other words, a bit of a bug... basically I thought I could get the sub-achievement of "pop 20 tyres of gang controlled vehicles in 60 seconds" so I went to Viktor Rabotnikov's base which now has the Agency there. I took some of the Volk vehicles and shot the tyres - the thinking being that there's more tyres on Volk vehicles so a better chance of getting the sub-achievement. After shooting the last tyre of the three vehicles, I got me that Rampage achievement..!

I still think it's madness that I can't play harder levels with the bosses reset.

I seem to have about 9 checkpoints left when the time has expired because the first third is so tricky. Are there any short cuts or tips?

The only one I can offer is to take the SUV and don't try to go through the subway/tunnel thing. Hit the checkpoint at the subway entrance with a handbrake turn, then go round to the checkpoint at the exit via the road. And do it at night, obviously. I'm getting closer to the target time but it's a bastard.

There also seems to be some rule-bending with these races - it's entirely possible to complete one or two races on foot, as well as using a car to partially complete the "Going Home" running challenge. You could be extremely sneaky with this challenge and perhaps put in place some cars in strategic areas and then get out of one car, run on foot for one or two checkpoints then get into another...

It is a bitch of a challenge though.

There also seems to be some rule-bending with these races - it's entirely possible to complete one or two races on foot, as well as using a car to partially complete the "Going Home" running challenge. You could be extremely sneaky with this challenge and perhaps put in place some cars in strategic areas and then get out of one car, run on foot for one or two checkpoints then get into another...

It is a bitch of a challenge though.

It seems so - use the sports car initially and swap to the agency car either after the bollards or before the tunnel seem popular choices. Also there is talk of positioning a ramp, so there are a few things to try.