Crackdown

northy

From GameFAQ's:

Double Jump

Once you have picked something up above your head "hold A" to jump as high as you can like normal then when you are at the peak of your jump "Press Right Trigger" to throw what ever you have lifted and as you see your character start to throw the object "hold A" again and you will throw the object and double jump again thus allowing you to get to high places even easier.

Cool!

499 orbs for the last three evenings.

Doing my fucking head in now, wish I'd never bothered but 0-499 were so easy :lol:

Have you scoured all the locations of the bosses you've killed? That's often where they're lurking. I came across one in an empty boss location in the Los Meurtos area tonight. Couldn't believe it as I was pretty certain I'd picked most of the area clean.

Have you scoured all the locations of the bosses you've killed? That's often where they're lurking. I came across one in an empty boss location in the Los Meurtos area tonight. Couldn't believe it as I was pretty certain I'd picked most of the area clean.

I've been everywhere! Street level, rooftops, boss locations, slightly raised outcroppings by the sea. It was fun at first: turn crime off, play some tunes, run around, but now I fear it has become an obsession. :lol:

One more hour...

I've been everywhere! Street level, rooftops, boss locations, slightly raised outcroppings by the sea. It was fun at first: turn crime off, play some tunes, run around, but now I fear it has become an obsession. :lol:

One more hour...

I hope I never get to the dreaded 499 and spend hours searching. I've got about 483 orbs at the moment and at least 5 Shai-Gen bosses to kill yet, so hopefully most of them are left in these areas.

Me and a friend just spent about 45 minutes setting up a massive car/bus/skip/police car/bus stop/explosive barrel/dead body/lamp post pile of wonder, the following explosion was absolutely immense, and well worth all the trouble we went through for it :lol:

Doing my fucking head in now, wish I'd never bothered but 0-499 were so easy :lol:

It does do your head in but equally you know you just have to find that last one just so as to wonder how you missed it all that time. Up to 497 here. Its all about multiple perspectives e.g found some from swimming round the islands. Also there is a limited draw distance from which they are visible.

You know what's funny? There was talk on the official Crackdown forums about a bug that causes one of the agility orbs to disappear. It's on the statue in the north bit of the Los Muertos area - after you defeat the boss, the statue vanishes and, apparently, so does the orb.

Happy hunting :o

You know what's funny? There was talk on the official Crackdown forums about a bug that causes one of the agility orbs to disappear. It's on the statue in the north bit of the Los Muertos area - after you defeat the boss, the statue vanishes and, apparently, so does the orb.

Happy hunting :lol:

Is this true or an evil wind-up? Who can say?

I put some music on it :lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4jXHPkw8Y

Exciting.

Gonna do a PROPER BIG ONE tonight though.

Excellent work. We had the great idea of setting one up over near the gas plant in the Volk area, where you've got lots of gas tanks and exploding barrels, but I'm not convinced they add much to the end result. I think cars are by far the best bet. The only drag is that you start to worry more and more about the damned things disappearing on you, and of course the traffic thins out. There are always the cop cars in the Keep to be had before you give up completely, though.

I though it would be better to use limpet mines and have eight of them going off at once, but that doesn't seem to make much difference, either - a single grenade seems just as effective.

There really ought to be leaderboards for this kind of stuff. Imagine people the world over competing to get to the top of a 'most vehicles blown up in one second' list. It'd be beautiful.

Happy hunting :angry:

There isn't one on the statue.

Well there was that one where the boss guy wasn't on the island when we went there. That's the only one I think I've seen though.

Yeah, in co-op sometimes a Boss doesn't spawn if both players are quite far apart. I reckon it's to stop each player fighting a different Boss at the same time for some reason. Not had any other bugs I know of though.

I fell into some kind of structure on the refinery roof, the one where you have to force the boss up to the roof by destroying three things? I could see everything around me, but was surrounded by invisible walls. I couldn't get out, or fire out or anything. Had to extract myself. That's the only flaky bit i've seen though.