Crackdown

northy

It is, isn't it?

Oh so sweet.

Spoilers regarding locations of my last 2 orbs...

Where was your last? Mine was infront of a billboard on the outskirts of the first city. Tylers was on top of the giant Crystal Dome (that was my 499th).

I was expecting it tucked away somewhere. It was a bit off the beaten track but those in the rocks etc were less obvious.

It is, isn't it?

Oh so sweet.

Spoilers regarding locations of my last 2 orbs...

Where was your last? Mine was infront of a billboard on the outskirts of the first city. Tylers was on top of the giant Crystal Dome (that was my 499th).

I was expecting it tucked away somewhere. It was a bit off the beaten track but those in the rocks etc were less obvious.

My last two -

The penultimate orb was - somewhat oddly - just over the road from the first supply point you reclaim. It was on a walkway between two buildings and I'd somehow managed to miss it completely.

The final orb was on top of the huge dome. I'd actually tried to get on top of it a few times, but had failed to grab on to the beams, so thought it was impossible. As I was passing I thought I'd try again and this time I just managed to catch on to something and after that it was easy to get up there and grab the orb.

Now I need to decide whether or not to try and track down the 67 hidden orbs I'm still missing.

Just killed the Volk's kingpin...

Absolutely fantastic, fighting my way from the bottom of the oil rig to the top. Then I just kicked his ass with roundhouse kicks to the face and stamped on his head when he was down. And getting my shotputter achievement by hurling his dead carcass out to sea was the icing on the cake.

How the hell do you drive up the towers? I keep coming off.

Something about holding and releasing B. I haven't managed it yet which is irritating, as I'm trying to get the Driving High achievement and I can't manage it. For people who've got it, do you just need to be in a car that's high up (ie somewhere on a building)?

Something about holding and releasing B. I haven't managed it yet which is irritating, as I'm trying to get the Driving High achievement and I can't manage it. For people who've got it, do you just need to be in a car that's high up (ie somewhere on a building)?

Yeah. You can do it by drivin around the top of the quarry or attempting to drive up the shai gen tower is how i did it - go up the glass front at the side.

Can't get very high though :)

Haven't tried this myself yet, but apparently you can...

SPOILER...

you can just take a car up in the lift in the big tower in central point (Shai-Gen area, the building in front of the huge plaza, its on the foldout map you got with the game) and that gets you the achievement. That tower is full of bad guys which is why I haven't attempted myself yet.

Spoiler tags are working funny now since the board update, so just highlight the black box.

You can also go to the supply point in the mountain area (the high one, forgot its name) and drive one of the cars outside a measly 50 yards left and uphill... easiest achievement in the game.

You can also go to the supply point in the mountain area (the high one, forgot its name) and drive one of the cars outside a measly 50 yards left and uphill... easiest achievement in the game.

:) I just tried that and it works! It's the "Garcia Point" supply point in the Los Muertos area for anyone who wants to do it.

:) I just tried that and it works! It's the "Garcia Point" supply point in the Los Muertos area for anyone who wants to do it.

Good spot lads, I'll try it now ;)

I managed to the car juggler achievement without even trying. in fact, I wasn't even watching the car at the time. Just fireflied some car full of baddies and wandered off, but must have caused some kind of chain reaction as it was admittedly a bit noisy, and then, for some reason the achievement just popped up at the bottom of the screen. Not that I'm complaining, of course...

I just spent a couple of hours causing huge pile-ups on a flyover (on Volk island, right under that cave entrance cut into rocks full of explosives, I think Olga Romanova hides out there)

Just standing at the roadside, popping the tires out of speeding traffic and watching them flip out, pile up, and topple over the edge :)

How the hell do you drive up the towers? I keep coming off.

When you get your four star driving ability the SUV gets some sort of hydraulic jump. Drive up the side off a building, and when you are at a 45 degree angle you just hold the B button and you will be able to drive up the side of the building. you will hear a beep if the pressure is at its maximum power. When you hear that sound release the B button and press it again ASAP. Releasing it to soon will rocket you of the side of the buildings. picking a nice smooth building will make things easier.

I just spent a couple of hours causing huge pile-ups on a flyover (on Volk island, right under that cave entrance cut into rocks full of explosives, I think Olga Romanova hides out there)

Just standing at the roadside, popping the tires out of speeding traffic and watching them flip out, pile up, and topple over the edge :)

That's the best place for RTAs as far as I can tell - the cars come belting out of the tunnel like maniacs, and a single tyre-pop can send them miles. I picked up a burned-out car and balanced it on the edge of the freeway, and then tried to force oncoming traffic to knock it off using tyre-pops. Probably a good two-player game, taking turns to fire.

Eventually in a pile-up you'll have several dazed drivers wandering around on the road with no car left to get into. Horrible, horrible scenes!

Sometimes you can get fast traffic on one of the flyovers in the Muertes area that has gang members on balconies beneath it, I think it's in the south-east area. They can't see you to shoot at you, but if you're lucky you can get cars and trucks to rain down on them, and if you're really lucky, explode on contact.

I finished over the weekend and thought after I'd want to stomp the acheivements into the ground but........I don't. Amazing as the game is I just don't get the major compulsion to go back to it unless it's to help someone in coop. That is the only disappointment for me though. Amazing game.

I have this compulsion to max out my stats for some reason. Can someone confirm that if you do, you don't get penalised for accidentally throwing burning cars at innocent bystanders?

Had a great game of football last night. Grab the globe from outside the observatory, take it to the quarry just over the hills, grab a vehicle each then take turns in trying to knock the ball in the caves around the bottom of the quarry. Obviously better when you've completed the game and can turn the baddies off.

I have this compulsion to max out my stats for some reason. Can someone confirm that if you do, you don't get penalised for accidentally throwing burning cars at innocent bystanders?

Yep. Once a stat's at max it can't be lowered.

Yep. Once a stat's at max it can't be lowered.

Which means rampaging around the city dealing death to gangs and innocent by-standers alike. :(

I love how your radar changes if you kill too many civilians and the Peacekeepers start shooting you - everyone around you turns into a red blip.

Which means rampaging around the city dealing death to gangs and innocent by-standers alike. :(

I love how your radar changes if you kill too many civilians and the Peacekeepers start shooting you - everyone around you turns into a red blip.

It's a pity the agency cops don't pose more of a threat. There's no GTA-style rampage fun because there are never any helicopters or tanks or anything coming after you.

My last two -

The penultimate orb was - somewhat oddly - just over the road from the first supply point you reclaim. It was on a walkway between two buildings and I'd somehow managed to miss it completely.

The final orb was on top of the huge dome. I'd actually tried to get on top of it a few times, but had failed to grab on to the beams, so thought it was impossible. As I was passing I thought I'd try again and this time I just managed to catch on to something and after that it was easy to get up there and grab the orb.

Now I need to decide whether or not to try and track down the 67 hidden orbs I'm still missing.

Which dome is this you're talking about? The one in Shai Gen?

Does anyone use the double jump much? I use it all the time. It doesn't feel like cheating, does anyone know if it's a glitch? It genuinely feels like one more ridiculous stunt my agent would be capable of. You really can jump a ludicrous distance with it, and there's always a brick or something on a rooftop you can use.