Crackdown

northy

Ok. 4 stars in all stats, but driving. My driving skill is on 3 stars now, but I'm having trouble getting up to 4 stars - I've been trying the races and whilst they're a heck of a lot of fun, in my case they're counter productive as I squash far too many civilians in the process.

Any tips for getting my driving skills up that doesnt involve a mate throwing me through markers?

I don't see how you plan to stop me throwing you through markers, but anyway... trigger a death squad and kill them all with cars (either run them over or kick cars into them) or, as I said to someone else, get down on the beach and use the hut ramps to do jumps in the SUV (or set up a ramp truck for the same). You'll go up in no time.

I just missed you last night by 30 minutes or so.

Cheers all. Braking, beach jumps and death squads - check!

I don't see how you plan to stop me throwing you through markers, but anyway... trigger a death squad and kill them all with cars (either run them over or kick cars into them) or, as I said to someone else, get down on the beach and use the hut ramps to do jumps in the SUV (or set up a ramp truck for the same). You'll go up in no time.

I just missed you last night by 30 minutes or so.

I'm itching for some more co-op. Damn the two player limit! I'm out tonite, but I feel an all nighter on the cards for tomorrow.

I spent an hour on Tuesday building a huge mound of cars, (in the car arena where one of the bosses is holed up). I then filled in all the gaps with barrels. Kaboom! :lol: It's at moments like those that you think to yourself, "I wish someone was here to share this with".

I spent an hour on Tuesday building a huge mound of cars, (in the car arena where one of the bosses is holed up). I then filled in all the gaps with barrels. Kaboom! :D It's at moments like those that you think to yourself, "I wish someone was here to share this with".

Me and Fish spent a while last night building a carpile, but then we had the brilliant idea of using agency vehicles to flesh it out when the traffic started to thin. So I went off and got a truck, but I drove it a bit too fast heading towards the pile and it hit the cars and blew them all to hell. So sometimes you're better off on your own.

I was guarding the same pile a little earlier when a woman walked down the middle of the road, climbed into one of the cars on the bottom and drove it away. I got it back, but honestly. The cheek!

Where can you see the hours played?

I have been keeping a rough tally, I have had about 10x 2 hours coop sessions with mates and played 10 hours the first two days I got it on my own.

Its likely more than 30 hours though, I spent 3 hours one night just climbing everything in the SUV.

I was guarding the same pile a little earlier when a woman walked down the middle of the road, climbed into one of the cars on the bottom and drove it away. I got it back, but honestly. The cheek!

:D I spent ages lugging a car to the top of building in an effort to get the vehcle juggle achievement and it was only when I put the bugger down and watched it drive off the edge that I realised the driver was still inside.

:D I spent ages lugging a car to the top of building in an effort to get the vehcle juggle achievement and it was only when I put the bugger down and watched it drive off the edge that I realised the driver was still inside.

I hope you jumped straight after it. You can't go soft on that kind of behaviour.

I'm increasingly disturbed by dead drivers in cars. It's all good fun shooting out tyres on the freeway until you wander over to one of the crashed vehicles and see some poor schmo slumped lifeless against the steering wheel. That's kind of balanced by the way the police will happily watch you shooting tyres and sending scores of drivers over the rails and into the sea without lifting a finger to stop you. In an ideal world the AI would learn from your behaviour and in time you'd see cops shooting out tyres for fun as you went about your daily business.

In an ideal world the AI would learn from your behaviour and in time you'd see cops shooting out tyres for fun as you went about your daily business.

Black & White with a Pacific City backdrop? Slap the monkey! Slap him good!

Ok. 4 stars in all stats, but driving. My driving skill is on 3 stars now, but I'm having trouble getting up to 4 stars - I've been trying the races and whilst they're a heck of a lot of fun, in my case they're counter productive as I squash far too many civilians in the process.

Any tips for getting my driving skills up that doesnt involve a mate throwing me through markers?

Set up a ramp truck on the end of the tunnel that leads from the keep to the Volk part of town. Grab the SUV for massive air and it will give you enough time to pull off 2 or 3 stunts + the bonus for the huge jump. This method is also great for getting your stuntdriver achievement.

Set up a ramp truck on the end of the tunnel that leads from the keep to the Volk part of town. Grab the SUV for massive air and it will give you enough time to pull off 2 or 3 stunts + the bonus for the huge jump. This method is also great for getting your stuntdriver achievement.

TVM for the tip. I shall be trying that tomorrow.

Me and Robf were playing this last night and on two separate occasions we went to a boss marker to find no one there at all, like not even any minions for miles and miles. Was a bit annoying and then we got a connection error too, I thought with this join in anytime stuff if I lost the connection to the joining player I should be able to carry on playing alone but you get chucked back to the very beginning of the intro videos.

Listened to that Major Nelson podcast with the interview with the audio guy, I'm gonna have to play it again with my critical ear on, lots of stuff similar to what we want to do where I work that I hadn't really noticed.

Listened to that Major Nelson podcast with the interview with the audio guy, I'm gonna have to play it again with my critical ear on, lots of stuff similar to what we want to do where I work that I hadn't really noticed.

That is a great interview, although there's some audio decisions which were a bit strange - like phones ringing in buildings. I go a bit loopy thinking there's a phone ringing somewhere in this house when it's actually in the game. Some of the motorway noise has tinges of the vital noise you hear when sniffing out orbs too. Still, the soundtrack is brilliant - varied and interesting.

I got 4 stars in the driving mad skills today. Ohmy - my favourite SUV just got 10 times better and has new insanely-large tyres to die for. I couldn't stop laughing at how big they are. They're HUGE. Really. Wonderous.

Me and Robf were playing this last night and on two separate occasions we went to a boss marker to find no one there at all, like not even any minions for miles and miles. Was a bit annoying and then we got a connection error too, I thought with this join in anytime stuff if I lost the connection to the joining player I should be able to carry on playing alone but you get chucked back to the very beginning of the intro videos.

That's happened to me too. Apparently it's due to one person getting to the boss area but the other player is miles away. If you back off and both go together it works.

The dropping you back to the frontend is gash though.

Does anyone get a bug where, when you select a SUV in the Agency building and when it appears the wheels fall off? I got this twice last night while trying to get my driving stats to full. The vehicle still moves as though it has wheels on it, but they clearly aren't.

Does anyone get a bug where, when you select a SUV in the Agency building and when it appears the wheels fall off? I got this twice last night while trying to get my driving stats to full. The vehicle still moves as though it has wheels on it, but they clearly aren't.

No, although I've seen several drivers without cars a la Saints Row. Also the Agency door sometimes doesn't open properly meaning you have to select an Agency car again.

I got 4 stars in the driving mad skills today. Ohmy - my favourite SUV just got 10 times better and has new insanely-large tyres to die for. I couldn't stop laughing at how big they are. They're HUGE. Really. Wonderous.

Tyres so big, with so much air in them, the SUV really should have been able to ride on the water. I can't believe no-one thought of that.

Another detail I really like about this game is that the buildings actually have floors and ceilings in them which you can see vaguely through the windows. While a subtle effect, it's 100 times better than having either clear see-through glass with spartan interiors behind them or just a 100% opaque reflection map on the glass.

I wonder, is driving up walls an intentional feature or more of a glitch/exploit (like flying the Dodo in GTA3)?

Its an intentional feature of the upgraded SUV. Its mentioned and shown in the tutorial videos.

How do you drive up walls?

Mind I only have 1 star driving skills so far.

You need four stars for driving first of all. Then it's a case of getting your timing right with the B button (which is a jump at four stars)