Crackdown

northy

Yes originally the plan was to have the big billboards scrolling actual player achievements. I guess it got scrapped as overambitious.

Surreal moment here - after completing the final final battle set in that open area with a a few lowlying buildings I could hear some swearing, which is not terribly unusual in the game, but hopped over and found 3 characters on a roof (2 men and a woman) literally standing there running through a pretty extensive vocabularly. Mucho weird.

Is there a way to access Wang's tower halfway up? I spent a lot of time jumping across to it from a building with red illuminated ridges - there did not seem to be anyway into Wang's building but there were some explosive switches(like the ones which open the garage doors at the bottom of the tower) positioned over the glassed in stairways which might have opened access somewhere. In the end I gave up and just ran up form the front entrance.

Ah, that explains why the voice guy told me to check billboards for agent information!

Puts in random street gangs but no bosses.

The Boss areas you have already cleared are also empty except some Peacekeepers dotted about.

This is a fantasic game, got in late sat and meant to only play for half an hour - next thing I know the sun has come up and its time to get some bacon and eggs on the go! :(

So you can't start the game again with all your unlocked abilities?

It's a pity about the real-world advertising in the game - I always like being immersed in a fantasy world of the future and seeing the new Dodge Caliber kind of spoils the fun a bit. Not by much, mind you. I find the SUV is great for getting airtime compared to the other vehicles, possibly my favourite out of the three. I just want to see what it transforms into when I get my driving skills up to 4...!

Having my stats all up to four stars and just bouncing from rooftop to rooftop decimating gangmembers left, right and center with the grenade launcher and rockets suddenly reminded me of the first bit of Starship Troopers (the Heinlein novel, not the film). You just feel so powerful and in control. A great, great game.

Is there no way to restart the game with your leveled p character once you are finished? I want to rush through and see how long it takes me to clear it all with a maxed out Agent on the hardest setting.

Seemingly not. So Real Time Worlds, update requests - a new game plus mode, the ability to turn the stunt markers back on... Anything else?

Is there no way to restart the game with your leveled p character once you are finished? I want to rush through and see how long it takes me to clear it all with a maxed out Agent on the hardest setting.

what about the time trial, this is what you ask, just in boss sized chunks.

as for adding stuff, add a 5th star for all skills!

loving this, 30 hours in only half way through gang 2

Seemingly not. So Real Time Worlds, update requests - a new game plus mode, the ability to turn the stunt markers back on... Anything else?

The ability to start the whole game from scratch.

New races. New stunt markers. Stats pages for everything the game tracks and Leaderboards for the stats.

Less lag and connection errors please. Seriously couldn't play this last night due to horrendous lag with one friend then it kept ending the game abruptly with another. Got my driving up to 4 stars last night. The SUV going up walls thing really adds to the overall fun.

Completely agreed. I couldn't even get a game working at all with one of my mates last night. Even when I get a fairly solid game going with someone we always get connections errors at some point during the game. Sort it out!

Finally got my hands on a rocketlauncher, been jumping around taking out baddies and vehicles for an hour with a big grin on the face.

Heh, me too. Found the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher. After a tense race back to a supply point so I don't lose them, I tooled up with both and set about clearing up* the streets.

Started the night with 0 stars on explosives. Now got three stars, and heading to four :lol:

This game just keeps getting better and better. Only bothered to clear the first island (the one from the demo). Rest of the time I've been exploring/mucking about.

*Completely destroying

I have yet to crash out from a game but I find the framerate plummets from what seems to a fairly constant 30fps down to what seems like 20fps and there are frequent stutters.

Considering how much is going on I suppose this is acceptable but I do find it gives me a head ache after a while and makes the controls less responsive/fiddley.

Completely agreed. I couldn't even get a game working at all with one of my mates last night. Even when I get a fairly solid game going with someone we always get connections errors at some point during the game. Sort it out!

I've got a feeling its more to do with peoples connections than it is specifically the game.

I've also seen some horrendous lag and slowdown...but only when playing a couple of specific people, with others its been perfectly fine.

This game just keeps getting better and better. Only bothered to clear the first island (the one from the demo). Rest of the time I've been exploring/mucking about.

Same here. I cleared the first island quite rapidly while building up some stats (agility and driving mainly), but after that I went to the second island (Volk) and am in constant urban warfare with the goons there, building up explosive force and strength. Haven't even bothered to get a single boss here as I'm having way too much fun blowing up these huge missile-trucks, eastern-european scum and hunting for orbs while the bullets fly over my head.

What an excellent game this is. It feels both 'oldschool' (gameplay first) and 'next-gen' (huge city, lot of stuff going on) at the same time.

Ok. 4 stars in all stats, but driving. My driving skill is on 3 stars now, but I'm having trouble getting up to 4 stars - I've been trying the races and whilst they're a heck of a lot of fun, in my case they're counter productive as I squash far too many civilians in the process.

Any tips for getting my driving skills up that doesnt involve a mate throwing me through markers?

Ok. 4 stars in all stats, but driving. My driving skill is on 3 stars now, but I'm having trouble getting up to 4 stars - I've been trying the races and whilst they're a heck of a lot of fun, in my case they're counter productive as I squash far too many civilians in the process.

Any tips for getting my driving skills up that doesnt involve a mate throwing me through markers?

I just squished Shai-Gen gang members for a while. Got the stats up pretty quickly.