Crackdown

northy

Official Bungie word is "Late Spring".

I'd just like to voice my disdain for the whole 'seasonal' release dates. What's wrong with Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the kind of thing that would stem from a 'US-centric' view of the world... "What do you mean the whole world doesn't instantly know when Spring in the US is?" :)

I was just telling Tyler on MSN I have 3 orbs to go. I haven't got to the top of 2 buildings in Chinatown - one with a red dome on the top (you get the elevator to the top to kill the boss - I've not done it yet) and the other tall one with red trim and it looks oriental at the top. Tyler wasn't sure how many orbs were on those 2 - anyone know?

Ta :(

I don't recall any at the top of Wangs Tower, but there might be, I was too busy kicking my friend off the side as soon as we reached the top :(

I know there's a secret orb above the place where you kick Wang's ass - there's a V shape thing attached to two antennas which is where it's at.

Still trying to get four stars in driving - some of the off road courses I did last night were great! Plus, of course, trying to get every orb without resorting to gamefaq-style cheatery to find their locations, although I'm not too keen to read through the locations of 800 secrets...

I'd found all of the Agility Orbs and 249 of the Hidden Orbs before I resorted to a map. I'm fairly comfortable with that!

I also used a map to find all of the stunt markers, but given the skill involved in getting your vehicle through them, I don't think using a map takes anything away from that Achievement at all. Boo to anyone who gets thrown through!

I'm now on 499 agility orbs. Found one in about three hours of play yesterday, just over the road from the first supply point, of all places.

Will I ever find the last one? I really, really hope so.

Also, I only noticed last night that the billboards have adverts for real, current products on. D'oh. Seeing an advert for the "new 2007" Dodge SUV is a bit odd in a game set in what is probably meant to be the future.

Didn't I read somewhere that the game would ship with the ability to track the more 'unusual' progress made through the game a la GTA?

I was quite looking forward to that. Highest jump, miles walked, gang members killed etc...

Yes originally the plan was to have the big billboards scrolling actual player achievements. I guess it got scrapped as overambitious.

Surreal moment here - after completing the final final battle set in that open area with a a few lowlying buildings I could hear some swearing, which is not terribly unusual in the game, but hopped over and found 3 characters on a roof (2 men and a woman) literally standing there running through a pretty extensive vocabularly. Mucho weird.

Is there a way to access Wang's tower halfway up? I spent a lot of time jumping across to it from a building with red illuminated ridges - there did not seem to be anyway into Wang's building but there were some explosive switches(like the ones which open the garage doors at the bottom of the tower) positioned over the glassed in stairways which might have opened access somewhere. In the end I gave up and just ran up form the front entrance.

Is there a way to access Wang's tower halfway up? I spent a lot of time jumping across to it from a building with red illuminated ridges - there did not seem to be anyway into the Zang's building but there were some explosive switches(like the ones which open the garage doors at the bottom of the tower) positioned over the glassed in stairways which might have opened access somewhere. In the end I gave up and just ran up form the front entrance.

Round the other side there's an entrance which gets you in a fair way up the tower. You have to leap up a billboard, IIRC, and then come in from the side, I think, on to a balcony bit above the main entrance. Maybe.

Sorry I can't remember the details any better.

I was just telling Tyler on MSN I have 3 orbs to go. I haven't got to the top of 2 buildings in Chinatown - one with a red dome on the top (you get the elevator to the top to kill the boss - I've not done it yet) and the other tall one with red trim and it looks oriental at the top. Tyler wasn't sure how many orbs were on those 2 - anyone know?

Ta :(

There is one on top of the dome. There is at least one hidden orb within Wang's tower - maybe more at the top which I need to explore again now the carnage is over.

Seems to me that the only thing most of the bosses would need to do to stay alive would be to get a metal door on their house and lock it.

Got roped into doing the agency tower last night while playing co-op. My friend was on 2 stars and got quite a long way up. I was following him to see where he was, then after a while I realised I was pretty near the top. A few minutes of swearing, sweaty palms etc later and suddenly I was on top and it was nowhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be, except the bit where I had to stand on a wall.

I totally forgot to look around, and just jumped off into the water for the second achievement. D'oh!

I'll probably go back up there, one of the towers had an agility orb on it that I didn't get.

Anyway, then I had nightmares about falling great distances all night.

I've only got one island left now - I think I'm going to just focus on building up a few stats before I try to kill any of the bosses. I want 4 for strength and agility before I start.

I'd found all of the Agility Orbs and 249 of the Hidden Orbs before I resorted to a map. I'm fairly comfortable with that!

I've got 240ish and I haven't been actively searching for them as yet. I don't think I could be bothered going the gameFAQs route.

Also, I only noticed last night that the billboards have adverts for real, current products on. D'oh. Seeing an advert for the "new 2007" Dodge SUV is a bit odd in a game set in what is probably meant to be the future.

Yes originally the plan was to have the big billboards scrolling actual player achievements.

Put your aim over the billboards and they display the leaderboards.

I'd just like to voice my disdain for the whole 'seasonal' release dates. What's wrong with Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the kind of thing that would stem from a 'US-centric' view of the world... "What do you mean the whole world doesn't instantly know when Spring in the US is?" :(

It'll come out the day the most peoples' gold subscriptions are due to run out.

are there not many car races on the islands or have i just not been in the area enough for them to appear on my HUD?

I'm sure I only found about 3 on the las muertos island and about 2 on the volk... or is the best way to get driving skill up to run over the bad guys?

I'm sure I only found about 3 on the las muertos island and about 2 on the volk... or is the best way to get driving skill up to run over the bad guys?

Get a nice enemy-populated area (or trigger some death squads) and just run them over. Races take more time and there's a good chance you'll kill so many people along the way it'll put a dent in your reward.

Alternatively take the SUV down on the Muertes beach area or rig up a ramp truck and get some air. You don't have to do barrel rolls or flips to get points. Remember that killing people with a car, even if you kick the car into them, also gets you driving points - which is another handy hint when the death squads arrive, if you've got the strength to do it.

cheers Rowan, will give that a go, theres one back streets las muertos race which is almost impossible to do without mowing people down.

Reminded me of all that time spent plowing through people in carmaggeddon :(

I fucking hate that race, frustration levels are high after that. The civilians just decide to run in front of your car instead of away. :(