Crackdown

northy

I started from scratch on Bone BC because I never got around to uploading all my 360 saves, and man it's so much fun. I've been playing on Ruthless which is about right at the start (since I seem to be dying all the damn time), but I might up things to Psychotic as I level up. Currently have 3* for Agility, Driving and Strength and *coughs* 1* for Firearms and Explosives, and I've taken out three of the Los Muertos bosses.

It seems more of a balanced challenge this time around. On my first playthrough I think I picked up a Firefly from a Shai-Gen gang right near the start of my playthrough and that alone made a mockery of the first few boss fights.

The Street Racing challenges though can bugger right off. I've managed to get gold with all vehicles for the first race, but the second race has rocks on the sides of the tracks that will flip your vehicle if you clip them, and if you clip them *really* badly then your car ends up in the water. I can't even finish that race with any car, so I moved on to the third race where I've managed two golds and a variety of hilarious (and usually race ending) barrel rolls. I'm trying to do as many of them as possible the legit way, but I may resort to building a road block and/or using the Agency car when I get my driving skill up to 4*. 

5 hours ago, TurningMonster said:

I got stuck on 499, I even followed a picture guide for every single orb, took me god knows how many hours to work through and after that I was still missing one.

Me too. It still makes me feel ill thinking about it.

I started from scratch two weeks ago when it was released - about one week to clear the city and raise the agility to 4 stars (Ive got the Free Runner achievement from the 360 as well), and then the last week to track down the hidden orbs. I used the maps to find them, yet some of them are pretty well hidden. Which led to one missing orb which I had crossed out but not picked up so it could be any of the 300 but then I remembered fooling around while tired at the Wang Tower in central Shai-Gen. Bingo.

Its a great way to level your skills as well, particularly helpful with getting the driving and strength skills levelled up to 3 stars pretty much from the hidden orbs alone.

8 hours ago, Untogether said:

For anyone jonesing for one of the best 360 games and with the addition to XB1 BC this is the princely sum of £2 at CEX and £1.50 pre-owned at game. 

have the days of titles jumping up in price, when they make the BC list, gone?

16 minutes ago, SeanR said:

have the days of titles jumping up in price, when they make the BC list, gone?

Well having just had a quick peak at the CEX site it appears that it is now £5... so guess not... :) Still worth a fiver though...

Bought the copy a while back from CEX myself... actually bought Crackdown 2 and they put the original Crackdown in the case by mistake (found out when I got back). Didn't bother taking it back as I was actually happy that it was the original as I preferred it to the follow up.

pen and paper

Spoiler

5aabbe11e3bbe_CDpenandpaper.thumb.jpg.3f160eb1d4067f0a3442924082fadfdb.jpg

I dont think there are any interactive maps like that, not that I know of. The era thread mentioned above didnt have any either, just these maps which I printed out in smaller sections and then used X to mark the ones I picked up there and then, and O to mark the ones that were missing (because I didnt find them or I had picked them up accidentally while playing the campaign).

There is also an album with snapshots of every hidden orb on Google + which was posted on TA: https://plus.google.com/photos/109589836385162541954/albums/5035476889195321505?banner=pwa&sqi&sqsi

which I probably would have used if I had found it earlier in the process.