Spiderman 3

Goose

Blimey - I expected a teaser this early to be a few lines of text finishing off with some blink-and-you'll-miss-it action shot. That's like a proper trailer and it's still almost a year off. Post-production job must be immense.

The first one ain't that great, but the sequel was fucking immense. I'm really looking forward to the new one- and that teaser is pretty cool.

I prefer the first, it's got better pacing. The second one had better action, but sadly it was limited to two really stand-out scenes. Also I strangely thought the webslinging CGI looked worse if anything.

Indeed. Best superhero films ever and just great genre cinema period.

But when you think about it, the Spiderman movies suck, they have no real feel or substance, when Spidey swings through the city there is no "WOW, thats amazing" cause its just CG, nothing about it is real. Spiderman 2 is just a piss poor rehash of Superman 2, and Doc Oc was such a bad bad guy-he didnt do anything, and then the end when they essentially drown a sun-rubbish.

But when you think about it, the Spiderman movies suck, they have no real feel or substance, when Spidey swings through the city there is no "WOW, thats amazing" cause its just CG, nothing about it is real. Spiderman 2 is just a piss poor rehash of Superman 2, and Doc Oc was such a bad bad guy-he didnt do anything, and then the end when they essentially drown a sun-rubbish.

I have thought about it. And you're wrong. The swinging through the streets is incredible. Absolutely incredible. It looks and moves like Spider-Man should. I really can't see your criticism of Doc Ock either. I thought he looked great and Molina played him brilliantly. Again, the fights between him and Spidey were gobsmacking. As for the sun thing, OK it was a bit fafetched but y'know... It's a comic book movie. The bad guy's meant to have a comic book plan.

Hold up here. Someone answer me this:

What is this black suit? Is it meant to be Venom or something? I was under the impression the Eddie Brock character went into space and got taken over by a black substance, turning him into Venom.

Wtf is the black suit about? If this 'goo' is making it black then shouldn't it look like thick liquid on his body, not black fabric? Mmm. I'm confused.

I agree. I think they nailed basically every aspect. The characters, the comic book feel, the action, the fun and melodrama. It deserves the acclaim and succes it received.

I think you've only to look at X3 to see how right Spiderman got it.

Hold up here. Someone answer me this:

What is this black suit? Is it meant to be Venom or something? I was under the impression the Eddie Brock character went into space and got taken over by a black substance, turning him into Venom.

Wtf is the black suit about? If this 'goo' is making it black then shouldn't it look like thick liquid on his body, not black fabric? Mmm. I'm confused.

Venom was a result of Secret Wars?

In this film then, is the black suit initialy just a black suit, or is it always Venom?

I only ever followed the cartoon, which was fucking ace mind. There was never a black costume in that, just the suped up venom spidey outfit.

It looks so fucking sexy from that trailer. Though I'm impressed with how much they showed. That sorta thing is usually shown in a teaser 4-6 months prior to screening, not a year!

In this film then, is the black suit initialy just a black suit, or is it always Venom?

I only ever followed the cartoon, which was fucking ace mind. There was never a black costume in that, just the suped up venom spidey outfit.

It looks so fucking sexy from that trailer. Though I'm impressed with how much they showed. That sorta thing is usually shown in a teaser 4-6 months prior to screening, not a year!

Well in the Secret Wars series they fight on another planet and spideys suit gets fucked. He uses an alien machine to make a new one, which i think later on Earth turns out to be Venom - it made peter crazy and shit. So he binned the black suit and thought it was gone but it attached itself to eddie brock who hated peter

They won't do that in the film naturally but I imagine they ll do the symbiote attached to peter and then discarded and picked up by brock. Not sure where the black suit will originate from though

Venom is Eddie Brock with the alien symbiot. In the comics and TV series Spiderman was with the symbiot originally until he realised it was consuming him and used the belltower to remove it (as alluded to in the trailer). However, in the series and comic his symbiot suit looked exactly like it was, a living organism. Yet in this teaser it just looks like a regular suit spray painted black which looks crap. But he even rips off the black suit like a regular suit so maybe it deviates from the source material.

I hope this is good, I was really disappointed by the cheese filled and poorly developed first two.

dunno how they'll explain the suit, but one things for sure, the suit gets ripped off, and it is a goo in one of the scenes... mmm...

also there is a blonde guy that looks like peter parker looking up at the camera. im betting its brock. they've made him a blonde parker instead of a beef cake? makes kinda sense, but then venom would be roughly the same build as spiderman rather than the badass?

I imagine you could explain it as the symbiote (the goo) attaching itself to the suit first, allowing Parker to rip it off, but it takes over again, getting deeper into Parker's body/mind.

That teaser looks really good. Loved the end shot with Spidey/Venom reflected.

FWIW, I thought the first film was overrated. It was an OK comic book film, but that's about it. The second was far, far better, but a little too similar to Superman II. Still prefer the original Superman as my favourite comic book film though.