Car Booting Tomorrow

RetroBob

Ok for the last couple of weeks I've been along to a large car boot sale not too far away. I get there for about 9am. There's nothing there of much intrest, but from chatting to stall holders I get the feeling that there was stuff but someone got there and swiped it all before I got the chance.

To other car booters, what time do you get there? I think it opens at 8am, but I reckon people get there earlier. I don't know much about car booting, so please feel free to educate me.

I live near Congleton, Cheshire. Thanks for the advice, and from those who've PM'd me.

Damn I was hoping you lived near fleet and could hitch a ride with you lol... oh well... I guess my small local one will have to do.

There are others near me, but not in walking distance, and there all on sunday, and theres NO FUCKING BUSES ON SUNDAY....

...sorry, it just really annoys me ^^;;

6am??? Theres a 6am!! :unsure:

8am is usually earlier enough to catch all the bargains. Ive been to many at such a time and picked up way more than I should.

Get to the morning one at 8am here and you will get...nothing! :P

EDIT: Not strictly true, sometimes you can pick up something nice that has been missed by the traders, but that's quite rare.

My boot was a big bit shit today.

Plenty of crap ps1 games for £2 and a GBA for £20.

Was comming away with nothing until I found a Minty (and I mean minty) Binatone master 4 +2 system with box, polys, instructions etc for £4.

It's my first real 'retro' system I've ever owned so I'm quite happy with it.

My boot was a big bit shit today.

Plenty of crap ps1 games for £2 and a GBA for £20.

Was comming away with nothing until I found a Minty (and I mean minty) Binatone master 4 +2 system with box, polys, instructions etc for £4.

It's my first real 'retro' system I've ever owned so I'm quite happy with it.

What the hell is a "Binatone master 4+2 system" :)

Even I've never heard of that before.

What the hell is a "Binatone master 4+2 system"  :)

Even I've never heard of that before.

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=3&c=1033

For those non game only booters out there I picked up a copy of NOW 14 on cd for 50p aswell.

My best find of the day was in gamestation though.

Power Strike 2 PAL boxed for the master system £1.99 bogof with wonderboy in monster world.

:)

EDIT: anyone know what year the mark 4 was released. The above website says 197?

I went to a 'boot today just outside of Wilmslow, big one it was.

Anyway, i'm completely poor so I thought I'd post up some things that turned up which caught my eye that some of you lot may try for next week.

A Boxed Clear Blue N64 & Mario 64 pack - Box was in very good nick, so I'm assuming the machine inside will be in a decent state. They wanted £30 as tyhey were trying to shift 4 other completely twatted N64 games, none very good.

A Commodore 64 - No idea what model but it were a long 'un with the tape player and everything. It had a monitor and an old joystick as well. What interested me was a smaller box containing quite a few decent condition tapes/games. From a glance i spotted Gryzor & Rolan On the Ropes :) No idea what they wanted for it, sod all i'd imagine.

That's it really, there was a nice condition MGS but there 2 a penny yeah?

I only recently moved into the area, the only other 'boot i'd goto now and then was Hindley. A guy there had a Megadrive II with about 7 games inc. an excellent condition Dynamite Headdy amongst others.

Was this in any way useful to the collector folk?

A Commodore 64 - No idea what model but it were a long 'un with the tape player and everything. It had a monitor and an old joystick as well. What interested me was a smaller box containing quite a few decent condition tapes/games. From a glance i spotted Gryzor & Rolan On the Ropes :P No idea what they wanted for it, sod all i'd imagine.

Was this in any way useful to the collector folk?

Are you sure it wasn't an Amstrad 464? C64's were never "long".

'Good items' maybe stretching it a little bit :P

Best items that i managed where some really cool Sega collectors cards that i found in the bottom of a bag containing a NES that i bought (i'll post some picks latter, but trust me they are the coolest thing i have seen in a long time).

Boxed Megadrive and a few ordinary games - £6

NES and a couple of games including Mario 3 - £4

Point blank (ex-rental) with booklet - £1

A few PS2 and Gamecube games - from £1.50 to £3.50

Fantastic Four Mint PS1 game - £1

Not much for an early start, but like i said worth it just for those cards

Picked up a few bits and pieces but not a great deal. I think a lot of booters were put off by the dodgy weather forecast. It was a funny day weather wise - one minute I was basking in the sunshine and then 10 minutes later the skies opened and I was absolutely drenched. It was just as the afternoon booter opened its doors and then 5 minutes later it was sunshine again.

Think that's me about done for this year. I don't think I'll be doing an early one again this year as the boots are shrinking now and it's not pleasant strolling around them now as it is in July and August.

This was all I could find on Sunday, one minute the sun was out and the next I was getting soaked.

Left quite early as it was obvious I wasn't going to be buying much.

I was treated to some heavy metal soft rock on the journey home and am looking forward to hopefully some better weather for next Sunday.

Nintendo 64 : Console + 4 boxed / 4 loose games - £12.50, really only bought this for Top Gear Hyper Bike, as I'd never seen this before...

NES : Tiger Heli (with instructions!) - £1

MASTER SYSTEM : Ms Pac-Man - £1

PS1 : 7 games - between £1 - £1.50 each

Bundle : 3 SNES games + 1 N64 game + 1 GAMEBOY game - £2.50 each

Guide : The Sims - £1.50

couple of other items for ebay at xmas.

Thats all folks!

rllmuk49.jpg

Pretty average day and then, last stall at the last boot of the day, a chap pops a big box of PS games on the table with a sign that says '50p Each'. I offered him a fiver for the lot and he said 'Yeah, cool man'. :D

th_100_2090.jpg

Thats some haul B)

Strange he wanted shot of them so cheap.

This never happens to me :D