IGNORED

Capcom Classics Psp

MDY

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=38259

Supposedly mentioned in Game Informer - news that the PSP version of this pack will have Sidearms and Strider added to it...

So the full list now is:

1943 Kai

EXED Exes

Vulgus

Commando

Mercs

Gun.Smoke

Section Z

Forgotten Worlds

Legendary Wings

Sidearms

Street Fighter II

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting

Street Fighter II: Championship Edition

Ghosts'n Goblins

Ghouls'n Ghosts

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts

SonSon

Higemaru (Pirate themed Pengo clone)

Bionic Commando

Trojan

Final Fight

Strider

Not bad!

Where's another load games that could be on it? I mean why do developers do this, there's more than enough room to do another 30 retro games on these collections, and Capcom have more than enough material I'm sure. Are they keeping Street Fighter 1 for another collection - because I doubt it.

Where's another load games that could be on it? I mean why do developers do this, there's more than enough room to do another 30 retro games on these collections, and Capcom have more than enough material I'm sure. Are they keeping Street Fighter 1 for another collection - because I doubt it.

You can't please some people!

Thats the best retro pack ever probably!

surely you'd only want SF1 for completion's sake, becuase it was basiclaly 'not very good'.

24 games released at budget price isn't good enough?

There is a TON of good Capcom stuff that could go into another pack:

Captain Commando

Magic Sword

Knights of the Round

Three Wonders

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Black Tiger

Carrier Air Wing

Varth

Warriors of Fate

Progear

Nemo

LED Storm

Dimahoo

To name just a few

Since Street Fighter II will be unplayable on the shitty d-pad

RUBBISH!

Plus, are these games Wireless compatible on the PSP? So you can play Sidearms/SF2/et all 2 player?

I bet not.

its not a bad pack. But really... do you buy a PSP and then buy a Retro games pack? Just seems weird to me.

At least with 1.5 you can run all these games via emulators, but i wouldnt have paid to play many of them. Street Fighter 2 works fine on the psp too btw.

It's a fantastic list of (mainly) timeless classics, and hopefully they will have been tweaked for playing on the PSP, unlike the emulated stuff. For those of us with v2 firmware, it's great news, especially if it's a budget release.

(Edit:

Wireless co-op play of Final Fight would be nice too, if anyone's listening)

its not a bad pack. But really... do you buy a PSP and then buy a Retro games pack?

I don't really see why not. It's not exactly different to buying a retro pack for any of the current consoles, and there are enough of them available to suggest that people are buying them.

its not a bad pack. But really... do you buy a PSP and then buy a Retro games pack? Just seems weird to me.

At least with 1.5 you can run all these games via emulators, but i wouldnt have paid to play many of them. Street Fighter 2 works fine on the psp too btw.

you can't play them all properly with emulators but that's not really the point. assuming these will be arcade perfect it's the first time Forgotten Worlds has ever been released in this form.

There is a TON of good Capcom stuff that could go into another pack:

Progear

Games that they only happened to publish don't count! :ph34r:

On the other hand, Cave really should release a compilation of lots of their shooters that never got home releases. That would instantly make the PSP 1000x times more attractive to me anyway! :(

I take it the arcade version of Strider is a good game then? As I've only experienced the Master System version, which was shit btw.

It's one of the best, the MD version is well worth picking up (especially for the comedy boxart). The running down the hill bit on level 2 is the best bit of any game ever released

'artist's' impression

game.jpg

fuck yeah