Zoot Woman - Zoot Woman

BeeJay

So, having a mid life crisis, 25 :ph34r: , and not really been into my music since daft punk played in front of battack walls and primal scream started playing dance festivals, I decided it was time to refresh my dusty music collection.

After being burned by the very average Kaiser Chiefs album and gaining consolation in missed albums from my past, see nirvana unplugged, tom waits - rain dogs, the search was still on.

So, after scouringthe MVC sale I picked up Zoot Woman - Zoot Woman for a measely £3 and it's superb. Really some of the best new music I've heard in along time.

It's been sat in my car cd player for about 8 plays now and it just gets turned up and up.

Also picking up Cassius - 1999 for £2 in the sale has made this musical fogies fires burn again.

I'm so glad.

Get Dark Dancer by Les Rhythmes Digitales. Music most commonly heard in the Citreon/Transformer advert and less commonly known Chris Morris DVD Jam.

Zoot Woman is a side project of Jacques Le Cont (real name Stuart Price who I think is from Reading).

Good stuff.

Yeah, I've got some mixes and stuff by Jacques Le Cont and Les Rhythmes Digital so that's why I bought Zoot Woman. I've not got Dark Dancer yet. It was on my to get list a few years back but never got got if you see what I mean. I shall definately pick it up, thanks for reminding me.

The Citroen ad isn't on Dark Dancer though is it?

What's that Chris Morris DVD Jam about then?

Unfortunately Darkdancer was rereleased on Monday so you'll now have to pay full price for it.

Price is on fucking fire lately. Can't wait to see what he's done with Madonna.

Don't tell me, because of the citroen advert. Well it's a good thing that he's getting the success even if it is years late.

Don't tell me, because of the citroen advert. Well it's a good thing that he's getting the success even if it is years late.

He gets quite a lot of recognition anyway. I mean, he's getting a lot of remix work for a lot of current pop artists at the moment, and the Madonna album should be out before years-end.

He gets quite a lot of recognition anyway. I mean, he's getting a lot of remix work for a lot of current pop artists at the moment, and the Madonna album should be out before years-end.

He's toured with Madonna before as bassist, and yes, he's been getting lots of remix work for a while now. Darkdancer's rerelease has definitely come as a result of the Citroen ad, though - Wall of Sound aren't daft and rereleased Jacques Your Body with a bunch of new remixes.

• 2 years later...

RESSURECTION:

You know when you're listen to a compilation or mix and a song comes on that you haven't heard for ages and makes you go "that's f**king ace, who is it again, gotta listen to that album again?" That just happened while listening to the fabric live rejected 2many djs mix, when 'grey day' came on.

This album will be on my playlist straight away when I get home.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I should mention on the behalf of Johnny Blake that it's not really fair to call Zoot Woman a 'side project of Jacques Lu Cont' alone, there was just as much input from Johnny and Johnny's Brother (okay so I can't remember his name) and Zoot Woman have done gigs without Stuart being there.

I used to spend my free periods in Sixth Form with Johnny Blake, not like we were best mates or anything though. But i've seen them play live (with some girl called Beatrice or something playing bass in Stuart Price's stead) and they were really really enjoyable.

£3 is a real bargain, anytime I've seen the CD in shops it's on some sort of £15.99 price, if they have a copy at all.

So true! Prob best album in English by foreign language speakers!

:lol:

It's Never Been Like That pips it for me. Wonderful album. There's a new Phoenix due this year as it goes, I need it now the sun's started shining.

A Zoot Woman torrent I've had running for a week or so has finally finished overnight, I am literally just about to literally listen to it in the literal sense of the word(s).

It's Never Been Like That pips it for me. Wonderful album. There's a new Phoenix due this year as it goes, I need it now the sun's started shining.

I can't wait. I've even recently got into Alphabetical, which I never really liked before.

Phoenix need their own thread really.