Ok all, I have now completed 34 games this year and I will briefly review all.
1) Super Adventure Island: A favourite since childhood. Simple, fun and amazing music. Comfort gaming but objectively not worth the original RRP.
2) Ridge Racer Type 4: Majestic in terms of gameplay, graphics and music. But the terrible repetitive GP structure means it's overrated to some extent and not the best RR.
3) Pang! An all time arcade classic. Still one of my favourite single screen games today.
4) The Combatribes: Arcade game here, it's a lot of fun although does feel slightly unpolished. I love the chunky art.
5) Ace Combat 2: Never played this before this year, not passed level 1 anyway. It's absolutely brilliant in all honest. Still looks nice, great music and varied missions.
6) Axelay: My favourite ever shooter. Stunning visuals, better sound and great levels. Just too short and some slowdown.
7) Rally De Africa: Quirky Sega Rally style racer on PS1. Absolutely loads of fun and plays well today.
8) Link's Awakening: Masterpiece. All time classic. Incredible achievement to create a 16bit quality game on a GB.
9) Streets of Rage 2: Not my favourite scrolling beat em up but certainly one of the best. A truly brilliant fusion of gameplay, music and graphics.
10) Tiny Toon Adventures: This SNES game is varied, super fun and great to look at. A little short but that was common for the time.
11) Aladdin: SNES version here. Far too easy to beat but exceptionally playable. Capcom understood platforming in a way that Virgin absolutely didn't.
12) NFS Porsche Unleashed: PS1 version, PC is apparently better. Not a brilliant racer by any means. But offers some good handling and tracks. A bit slow.
13) Shox: Magnificent PS2 rally racer. Brutal AI with obvious catchup but logic you can constantly defeat with good racing. Stunning visuals and annoying presentation.
14) Resident Evil 2: PS4 remake which was brilliant bar the lack of interaction between stories.
15) Sonic 1: MS version and by far my favourite. Brilliant music and emeralds being hidden in levels is better than crappy special stages.
16) F-Zero X: One of my all time favourite racers. Butter smooth, brilliant control and great music.
17) Exhaust Heat: An above average racer that has nostalgia by the dozen. The upgrade system was great for the time.
18) Jak and Daxter My favourite ever 3D platform game. Sadly one they never bettered due to the move to a GTA style world.
19) Need for Speed 3: Great techno music and decent visuals mixed with good handling and tracks. Choppy frame rate on PS1 at times but still good fun.
20) Ihatovo Monogatari: Magical Ghibli style SFC only adventure. Basically a 16 bit walking simulator that has the qualities of a poignant Ghibli experience.
21) V-rally 3: A racer that I have tried and tried to get into before but this time it clicked. Good career, great graphics and superbly gameplay.
22) Ridge Racer: All time classic. PS1 port of course. Which I had a cab!
23) Ridge Racer Revolution: A great update that is harder, better looking and just more more more. Mega hard though and no original track in single player.
24) Mercs: Great arcade action, completed with @strider at Arcade Club. I am crap though, so thank heaven for free play!
25) Heart of Stone DLC: Does this count? Who cares!? It was great and arguable more consistent an experience than the main game.
26) Wave Race 64: Legendary game and finally beat the reverse courses! Needs a 60fps update with the MK8 engine.
27) Super Mario Land DX: Mega easy but when the colour rom hack was released I had to have a go and it's great.
28) Touge 3: Extremely average PS2 racer but good fun if you like that sort of thing. (clue, I do!)
29) Wave Rally: Underrated PS2 water based racer. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes compulsive. Looks brilliant too.
30) Destruction Derby: Good quality racer with fantastic visuals and great music. Basic tracks, flawed design but just something I have always enjoyed.
31) Touge Max 2. Brilliant JP only PS1 drift racer. Superb visuals, great modes and top handling.
32) Rapid Racer: Another superb water based racer that is much better than given credit for. 50 fps, high res and brilliant music.
33) Wangan Trial: Quirky PS1 'drama' racer. Has a FMW story mode, some good tracks and car models but is rather grey of palette. Good handling too.
34) Suikoden V: Enjoyable sequel that wronged a lot of what IV did. Still a bit long and grey of colour but a good plot and fighting systems once it gets going.