Jump to content
rllmuk

JLM

Supporters
  • Content Count

    6,811
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

20,423 profile views
  1. Rose VT 1: Soul Satellite. Rose VT 2: SF4 Backdash install. Should go full screen, and if she's cornered she should go through the screen and come out the other side like Anakaris/Pacman.
  2. I don't mind the game getting one more year. They effectively lost a pro tour season this year and I think that's a shame for what is the best version of the game. Called Oro and Rose, would never have guessed Akira from Rival Schools. Always found her to be one of the more boring characters from that series but it's still a fun guest spot and nice to see Rival Schools getting any attention at all in 2020. So happy for Joffles that Dan is next.
  3. Oro/Rose/Necro/Damnd/Fei Long are my completely baseless predictions.
  4. Apparently it just takes a global pandemic for Capcom to manage a reveal without anything leaking ahead of time. There are a few hours to go yet though. Looking forward to this as, even though I rarely play the game, I still watch it avidly and I am a sucker for a surprise character reveal.
  5. Haha yeah I almost wanted Lovren to stay just because of his bromance with Mo. Same with Lallana and Hendo. Moreno looked like the best guy to have in the dressing room too.
  6. Card rewards are picked from the common/uncommon/rare card pools. Which specific cards you get offered are not pre-determined by seed. You start with 3% chance of getting offered a rare card, 37% chance of uncommon and 60% common. Though in reality these all start with -5% on them, so on your first fight you actually have -2% chance of a rare (effectively no chance). Every time you are offered a common card, your rare chance goes up by 1%, and 1% is also distracted from your chance of getting a common card next time. This is per card, not per reward. So if you get offered 3 commons, your rare chance goes up by 3% and your common chance goes down by 3%. Every time you're offered a rare this resets to the original values, so if you get offered a rare really early it takes a few fights and offers to build it back up again, which is why elite fights sometimes give you a surprisingly crappy selection. Shops have a smaller total card pool with higher rare/uncommon chances, Elite fights have a higher rare/uncommon chance and Boss fights always offer rares. Enemies/events/potions are dictated by similar rules. Events are more complicated though, and can be affected by the act, how many floors you've traversed, how much gold you have, whether or not you have curses, which events you've already seen etc. There's a whole separate spreadsheet Jorbs uses for that sometimes. With enemies, the first three regular fights in the act are all from the easy enemy pool, then 4 and up will be from the harder selection. As you say, these fights don't have to be in succession or from the same room "type". So if your question mark event turns out to be regular fight, that will be added to the regular fight counter, so if you've done three regular fights, a question mark runs quite a high risk of being a fight from the hard enemy pool.
  7. I am useless at gaming when drunk or over-tired. Had some fun times gaming whilst partaking of other recreational substances though. Favourite one of those was going to an all night rave at Beaverworks in Leeds and finding that they had a Prop Cycle arcade cabinet. The cab has a fan built into it so you can feel the breeze on your sky bike. When on various stimulants, the feeling of flying that bike into all of the balloons with the wind hitting you was damn near transcendental. If they'd had Afterburner Climax I probably would have climaxed.
  8. Tekken and Soul Calibur announcing new things at the round table. Still no confirmation from Capcom though. They were scheduled to show something at Evo before it got cancelled so I'd have thought they'd have a trailer ready.
  9. Release the hounds. Currently breaking my rule of not reading YouTube comments. The tears of United fans on any Liverpool video are so delicious. Sweet sweet nectar.
  10. Yeah there was a pretty ridiculous argument a while back about whiff punishing because some people didn’t like the idea that it was anticipation more than reactions. It can be a combination of both, but yeah it’s definitely a myth that top players all have superhuman reaction times. It’s why Fuudo, who actually does, is so incredible to watch as he has both the insane level of readiness *and* incredible twitch reactions. Daigo, on the other hand, whiff punishes you because he has decades of high level experience and already knows what you’ll do before you even know it.
  11. Leicester with a glorious opportunity to put the cherry on top of a perfect season on Sunday.
  12. It's so good. It's everything I dreamed it would be and more. The only real complaint I've seen from some people is that it's a bit too hard, but the developers are softening that a little in an upcoming patch. Personally I love it how it is, but the "normal" difficulty is clearly more difficult than it was in the first three games. That said, they've borrowed the mechanic from Bloodborne where temporarily lost health (from your special attacks) can be recovered by hitting enemies, and therefore you can use specials more liberally than in previous games. Once you get the hang of that, some of the harder stuff becomes easier to deal with. Other than that... the soundtrack is great, they've added depth and strategy to the combat but it still feels just like it should, the new characters are excellent, the new takes on old characters are excellent, you can play as almost all of the characters from the previous games, it has 4 player co-op... they've completely nailed it.
  13. I found the first few runs to be a bit bewildering, so I'd encourage you to stick with it. I had a wing man and fellow Spire-fiend to coach me a little bit and I still found some stuff a bit baffling or under-explained. There are more moving parts to it than Spire and it doesn't have quite the same knack for explaining itself. After my first couple of sessions on it I thought I'd drop it shortly afterwards, but once it clicked it got its hooks right in there. I think adding the Tower defense-y/X-com bits to it, and also every single fight having a boss at the end, means that its plate spinning/juggling aspect offers a markedly different experience from Spire despite borrowing many of Spire's ideas. You have to be preparing for hallway fights and elites at the same time and that's a lot of fun for me. I love the classes and I *love* that you get to pick two of them for each run, so you have a ton of combo synergy to find. Also the log book/stat tracking on it is incredible. I want to fill in every bit of that sticker book before I'm done. Music is miles better then Spire. I think the enemies and bosses are much less memorable and I don't think any of these games will quite match Spire's level of polish when it comes to balance etc. But I think MT is leagues ahead of all the other current Spire-likes. Would recommend. Maybe it might even get its own thread one of these days.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.