Photo

Arrested Development Topic In Cold Brown Taste!

• Please log in to reply
958 replies to this topic

#1 McNeillR

McNeillR
  • Members
  • 10001 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

2011 UPDATE

http://gawker.com/58...rce=twitterfeed

Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz, speaking at the New Yorker festival today, says that he plans on doing a last, "limited" season of the show before making the long-promised movie. As the Times' Dave Itzkoff says, "we'll see."

http://twitter.com/#!/lovethebay/statuses/120599156615168000

2009 EDIT

Will Arnett has confirmed that he will star in the Arrested Development movie.

The comic actor, who portrayed inept magician Gob Bluth in the Fox sitcom, was rumoured to be reluctant to return for the big screen outing.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, he said: "Arrested Development has such a special place in my heart... It'll be fun to get back together with everybody and work on it. It's been so long now, we almost have to do it. It's like we have to finish the joke."

Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz, who will write and direct the feature, earlier hinted that Michael Cera was the only cast member refusing to star in the forthcoming movie.

Michael Cera is reportedly "holding out" on starring in the Arrested Development movie.

A film version of the critically acclaimed US sitcom, which ran on Fox from 2003 to 2006, was recently confirmed with show creator Mitch Hurwitz directing and Ron Howard producing.

When asked in an interview with Fancast if Will Arnett and Cera would return for the forthcoming film, Hurwitz replied: "I don't want to talk about who is holding out right now because we might still work that out and I don't want to pressure anyone through the press.

"Although I will say that Will Arnett is gung-ho, so there's a big clue!"

Commenting on a possible storyline for the feature film, he added: "I think in some respect it would have to pick up where the show left off. Maybe the benefit of that would be, if nothing else, just to recap everything.

"There are a couple of ways to get into it. I was even thinking about a big animated sequence to start. Kind of like how the Blake Edwards movies used to start - to kind of catch everyone up."

APRIL EDIT:

Cheers to The Raze, as usual:

http://www.variety.c...6...amp;s=h&p=0

http://www.ew.com/ew...90_3_0_,00.html

Basically, it seems Mitch has ditched. The creator of the show has more or less said he won't be continuing with the show himself. Hints at a movie and showtime talks going well, but he seems to think he's done as much as he can with the show. It doesn't guarantee it's completley dead in the water, but we're obviously thinkning the worst.

Season 3 DVD release has slipped from 13th June to the unknown- maybe for extra-amazing-mind blowing content to make up for the lack of episodes, probably. It'll be amazing whatever turns up.

MARCH EDIT:

http://www.nypost.co...gesix/60385.htm

WE HEAR . . .

February 28, 2006 -- THAT fans of "Arrested Development" can relax. Word is Showtime not only picked up the canceled Fox show but also ordered 26 more episodes...

Now, Page Six is both notoriously good and bad for the quality of their rumours... but anyone else daring to hope? :)

Going for third base head first?! Bearing in mind that Showtime usually go for 12 eps per season, this would be 2 seasons worth of more AD!

Previously in Arrested Development Topic...

Second series of this depressingly underated American genius sitcom is starting tonight on BBC2.

EDIT: LOLZENGE, it's ended now. They doubled billed it for weeks- probably to get it done before Christmas TV started :o

You can now buy it though! It's out on DVD for British eyes only in January! That's how smart Fox are! AFTER Christmas!

Season Two!

If you've not already heard, er, Fox cancelled it a bit. That's how smart they are.

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=11947
http://www.tv.com/st...l&story_id=2353

First series WAS 26.99 is NOW 12.99! Released in the new year, for some reason.

http://www.awin1.com...1...;g=72&pa=sr

You need to have this. And then to lend to ALL OF TOUR FRIENDS EVER. Actually, just buy a second box set to lend out, or ten copies to give out as Un-Birthday presents or something? END XMAS EDIT

KA-KA! KA-KA! CHA-CHI! CHA-CHI!

#2 Marzipan Travolta

Marzipan Travolta
  • Supporters
  • 9771 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:38 PM

Big feature on this in The Sunday Times (well, 1 page picture and some writing), there was another on Serenity too talking about how genius it all was and how some people thought it would save Hollywood or something. If it wasn't for the highly premature cussing of Lost I'd have thought I wrote it myself.

#3 Rin

Rin
  • Members
  • 13845 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:39 PM

Season 3 starts next month too.

WOOOO!

#4 Icebox

Icebox
  • Members
  • 1373 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

It's one of the best comedies I've ever seen.

It's annoying as I downloaded all of the 2nd series, except for episode 11, which I can't find anywhere. I watched the first 6 eps or so ages ago, but I daren't start watching it properly as I know I'll be annoyed at having missed an episode.

And the DVD's not out in the US till October! Bah.

Well that's my plight; anyone know where to find episode 11? I can't really be bothered watching it tonight as I'd rather watch the 1st series again - been ages.

#5 roadkill

roadkill
  • Members
  • 7582 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

It's fantastic stuff. Infinitely better than any other US show I've seen in years, but then I hate all these high production value but complete toss shows that they class as "US Drama" so what do I know?

#6 anewman

anewman
  • Members
  • 11761 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:10 PM

Putting it on at 11.20pm on a Sunday is basically burying it, isn't it?
Very poor.

#7 Kelthink

Kelthink
  • Members
  • 16095 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

Putting it on at 11.20pm on a Sunday is basically burying it, isn't it?
Very poor.

View Post

Oh, no.

They put it on that time to give the other programmes a chance in the ratings.
(c/o Richard Herring)

#8 McNeillR

McNeillR
  • Members
  • 10001 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:24 PM

there was another on Serenity too talking about how genius it all was and how some people thought it would save Hollywood or something.

View Post

Ooooh. That sounds exciting. Firefly is bloody amazing, but I daren't want to touch Serenity stuff just in case I don't manage to see it until proper release.

My theory though, is, Star Wars x Firefly = Serenity. Just as long as they don't use the opening theme from Firefly. Unless it's the one Whedon sings on.

#9 sexton_hardcastle

sexton_hardcastle
  • Members
  • 1128 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:51 AM

I can upload ep11 to usenet if you need it.

#10 AK Bell

AK Bell
  • Members
  • 4879 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

My theory though, is, Star Wars x Firefly = Serenity. Just as long as they don't use the opening theme from Firefly. Unless it's the one Whedon sings on.

View Post

The theme is one of the best bits. After watching an episode I'd happily sing the tune to myself for a few days later. I'm doing so now, so thanks for being it up.

#11 mr.miffed

mr.miffed
  • Members
  • 13744 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:35 AM

Havn't watched any of season 2 yet but season one was amazing.

Posted Image

He's a genius.

#12 DiscoStu

DiscoStu
  • Members
  • 12315 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:13 PM

I think I need to buy season one on DVD.

#13 Billy Brown

Billy Brown
  • Supporters
  • 7906 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

I think I need to buy season one on DVD.

View Post

Yes you do. 17.99 on PlayUSA at the moment. Get it got.

#14 CJ.

CJ.
  • Members
  • 3410 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

ARGH! I can't believe I missed this!

I am left with the cliffhanger from the first series.

I just hope it's repeated somewhere!!

#15 Rin

Rin
  • Members
  • 13845 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:43 PM

Havn't watched any of season 2 yet but season one was amazing.

Posted Image

He's a genius.

View Post

Illusions, Michael. Tricks are something a whore does for money.

Or candy!

#16 hub2

hub2
  • Members
  • 14045 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

Well that's my plight; anyone know where to find episode 11? I can't really be bothered watching it tonight as I'd rather watch the 1st series again - been ages.

View Post

See if there is a torrent of the whole series available on torrent***, if you use a client like Azureus you can specify the single file you need to download. Works a treat.

I also echo the Arrested Development love... working throgh the first series at the moment.

#17 diggler

diggler
  • Members
  • 3422 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:26 PM

Season two completely dominates season one as well - it just clicks pretty much perfectly right from the get go.

#18 CJ.

CJ.
  • Members
  • 3410 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

First episode of the second series was shown last night on BBC4. Nothing short of brilliant!

Gob is just stupidly funny! The guy is amazing!

#19 Kelthink

Kelthink
  • Members
  • 16095 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

First episode of the second series was shown last night on BBC4. Nothing short of brilliant!

Gob is just stupidly funny! The guy is amazing!

View Post

I think it was the second episode of the series, the first one was shown on bbc2 on sunday.

But that was a hell of an episode. Best reference to anything I've ever seen for a good while, that's for sure.

The reference:
Spoiler

#20 CJ.

CJ.
  • Members
  • 3410 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

AD has loads of those references! F**king love 'em!

#21 odiedodie

odiedodie
  • Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

you gotta love tobias...
no really! you do!

#22 Mark X

Mark X
  • Members
  • 1398 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

Now, I'm just dying to start quoting some of my fave bits from season two, but I don't want to give anything away. Arrested Development is pretty much the perfect sitcom, and should be played on a continous loop for all British comedy writers. Over here, it's safely tucked away on BBC Four (and middle of the night BBC Two), while in the US it gets aired on prime-time Fox. And while our terrestrial networks air toss like Balls Of Steel and have the nerve to call it 'comedy', we claim to be the sophisticated ones. Pff.

Oh, and another reason why AD season two is ace: numerous appearances from Daily Show people.

#23 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania
  • Members
  • 1891 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:08 AM

You look like you're about to slay dragons. In the future.

#24 Rin

Rin
  • Members
  • 13845 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

Tobias or Gob... I can't decide who's funnier.

#25 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania
  • Members
  • 1891 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:53 PM

Equally funny.
Nice to be back in a queen.

#26 rundll

rundll
  • Members
  • 2672 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

It seems quite 'straight' to me. Lots of clean glossy photos on the site.

How is it compared to Curb your Enthusiasm? Which is just damn genius.

#27 Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania
  • Members
  • 1891 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

It's very different to CYE, but just as funny, possibly more so.
I'd imagine that if you like CYE you'll definitely like it.

#28 DiscoStu

DiscoStu
  • Members
  • 12315 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:31 PM

I've just ordered the season one dvd. I've only seen a few episodes and on amazon.com it has 230 reviews and a 5 star rating. Which is pretty incredible.

#29 Meat

Meat
  • Members
  • 5861 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:42 PM

right that's it - i'm gonna order it too. I keep thinking 'can it really be that great?' but so many recommendations and now 230 reviews averaging 5 stars - in the basket

#30 Eats hoops and leaves

Eats hoops and leaves
  • Members
  • 27549 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

Believe the hype.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users