Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#211 Cosmic Squirrel

Cosmic Squirrel
  • Members
  • 26267 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

cool. i was kinda dissapointed in the CGI film (the story was shite) but the cgi was decent. id prefer a live action film though.

#212 CactuarBill

CactuarBill
  • Members
  • 6830 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:59 AM

I've hoped for a new live action film for ages. I love the first film a lot, make it as dark as that or darker and I'll be happy.

#213 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30246 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

I've hoped for a new live action film for ages. I love the first film a lot, make it as dark as that or darker and I'll be happy.

They wont though in order to appeal to the kids market :lol:

#214 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24819 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

They wont though in order to appeal to the kids market :wacko:

I loved the first film as a kid.

#215 lordcookie

lordcookie
  • Members
  • 19273 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes takes over development

#216 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41537 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

Posted Image

Not that it's relevant but that image is wicked.

#217 JohnC

JohnC
  • Supporters
  • 41776 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

I didn't know Bay was involved with Platinum Dunes. Then again, I've not seen any of the companies movies either.

#218 Douche Bigelow

Douche Bigelow
  • Members
  • 3761 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:48 PM

Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes takes over development

Posted Image

I didn't know Bay was involved with Platinum Dunes. Then again, I've not seen any of the companies movies either.

Lucky bastard.

#219 Spainkiller

Spainkiller
  • Supporters
  • 24201 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Not that it's relevant but that image is wicked.

Wow, I love that. Raphael actually looks scary.

#220 Gambit

Gambit
  • Members
  • 7322 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

No, he looks gormless as fuck.

The rest look like they've just come back from a Linkin Park concert.

#221 redbloodcel

redbloodcel
  • Supporters
  • 14514 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Super Mario movie goombas, the lot of 'em.

#222 Capwn

Capwn
  • Members
  • 12585 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, making turtles dark NOW just seems way too late. Maybe 5 years ago but these days you can't just make an old franchise dark for it to become instantly cool and exciting.

#223 utero2001

utero2001
  • Members
  • 4644 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

at least it looks like its appealing to older fans. They don't look like "teenagers" though

#224 sprite

sprite
  • Members
  • 7583 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

I watched the 2007 movie last night. I have no idea what the hell was going on in the "oh noes, the world is in peril!" stakes, but it was still enjoyable for all the actual turtle action. Had some decent voice talent in there, too, but I couldn't watch April without hearing Buffy (whereas, say, Nolan North definitely was Raph, instead of Nathan Drake).

#225 Cyhwuhx

Cyhwuhx
  • Supporters
  • 27732 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

http://www.stuffweli...-ninja-turtles/

They are now aliens.

Michael Bay really loves to rape childhoods.

#226 CarloOos

CarloOos
  • Supporters
  • 6829 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

TANT?

#227 MDY

MDY
  • Members
  • 5411 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Teenage Martian Ninja Turtles?

He is just seeing how many people he can annoy now isn't he?
Posted Image

#228 Spainkiller

Spainkiller
  • Supporters
  • 24201 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Earth Girls Are Easy + Karate Kid + Avatar = Michael Bay's Turtles.

#229 Gaz

Gaz
  • Supporters
  • 19002 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

This is really fucked up.

The origin story here is actually a really important part of it all, like they live in the sewers because they got flushed, the get looked after by Splinter because he's a rat so you know, he lives in the sewers.. it's all fucking important man..

I fucking hate space, it is like the destroyer of any sort of sensible story line because at any point you can change the rules and say "lol aliens".

The whole point of the turtles is that they are grounded, they have physical limitations and they rely on technology we use and understand not fucking magic space shit that can alter the rules of physics or whatever. They eat Pizza and use ninja weapons and where the fuck do you get a pizza delivered in space?

This has actually made me really annoyed, it's going to be the worst movie ever.

#230 Glasgowchivas

Glasgowchivas
  • Supporters
  • 4501 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

It'll probably just mean that the mutation is caused by "alien" stuff rather than they arrive on Earth as talking, martial arts Turtles. No childhoods have been raped yet.

Still... it is Bay so maybe we should invest in a rape whistle.

#231 MDY

MDY
  • Members
  • 5411 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

There's a rumour it may be an alternate dimension thing.. though if that means they're from an anthromorphic furry-esque world that's even worse..
Plus it's Bay - they'll probably ALL be voiced by Shia LaBeouf <_<

#232 lordcookie

lordcookie
  • Members
  • 19273 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

From Michael Bay:

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

He is right, given his impeccable track record I can't believe people are worried he wouldn't be totally respectful to the fans and source material.

#233 Jimmyzilla

Jimmyzilla
  • Members
  • 6734 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

There's a rumour it may be an alternate dimension thing.. though if that means they're from an anthromorphic furry-esque world that's even worse..
Plus it's Bay - they'll probably ALL be voiced by Shia LaBeouf <_<

Uhh....
http://en.wikipedia....s#Usagi_Yojimbo

#234 MDY

MDY
  • Members
  • 5411 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Uhh....
http://en.wikipedia....s#Usagi_Yojimbo

He's a character from an entirely unrelated comic series who has made crossover appearances..

#235 deerokus

deerokus
  • Members
  • 11084 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Michael Bay AND the guy who made the execrable Battle: Los Angeles? This is going to be dire.

#236 redbloodcel

redbloodcel
  • Supporters
  • 14514 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

It'll end up being about 30m of Turtles, 2h30m of the US military blowing up shit.

#237 SpagMasterSwift

SpagMasterSwift
  • Members
  • 2439 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

What the fucking fucking fuck????

#238 Cyhwuhx

Cyhwuhx
  • Supporters
  • 27732 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

From Michael Bay:

He is right, given his impeccable track record I can't believe people are worried he wouldn't be totally respectful to the fans and source material.

That was almost verbatim the same reassurance he gave us screaming Transformer-fans about him changing... well just about everything of the TF universe. And that from a fanbase which is quite literally used to change. I don't like TMNT as much as TF, but bloody hell. I'd never wish Michael Bay upon any franchise's fanbase. He'll fuck things up, leave the story to rot in the corner, focus upon the military and coarse adolescent humour (hey, that one might actually work here), add explosions, go on about how intense stuff is, and before you know it, you're looking at three hours of brain killing pictures where you start to get bored half way and one hour before the end you start to question your sanity, before descending into some god-awful conclusion out of nowhere, full of heavy out-of-place quotes. You'll be happy it's over and wonder why your bum hurts so much as you scramble to make any sense of it.

I've been through this phase three times now, and each time it seems to become worse and more non-sensical and each time you still cling on that sliver of hope that it's going to be at least equal to the worst Japanese spin-off of your favourite franchise.

God help the Turtles. They're going to die horribly and the fans are powerless to stop him as the brain-dead movie-goers will lap it up and set new records for Bay yet again.

#239 boomeh

boomeh
  • Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hey I think folk need to relax a notch when it comes to this guy.

He's not pulling a George Lucas and taking what you thought was your movies away from you and replacing them with updated versions. The old movies are still there. Including that fucking awfull 3rd one. Plus anyone decrying the murder of the turtles because of the possible origin change, where the fuck were you when that crappy cgi movie came out? Is that all fine because they didnt change the origins?

I guess its a shame that there will be a significant tonal shift with the old and the new and that fans of the old ones will be alienated, but...its Michael Bay. I thought people knew about him already! :P

I liked Transformers as a kid, and Bays version sure as shit wasnt anything like it, but I still found it to be alright - considering the type of movies Bay is known to make, its should be an accepted norm now that hes going to give it his own "spin",

#240 Paleo Alto

Paleo Alto
  • Members
  • 6094 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

I would like to see him tackle some more literary classics. Like Madame Bovary. Put his own "spin" on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users