Guest henofdoom

Gta: San Andreas (xbox)

64 posts in this topic

all my ex's live in texas

and texas is a place I'd dearly love to be

but all my ex's live in texas

and that's why I hang my hat in tennesseeeeeeeeeeeeEEE

genius

Fucking amazing game isn't it. I really do :) it beyond words.

Quite how it can portray such horrific content, and still be in the top 3 beautiful games of this generation is a true testament to how brilliant it is.

It's the only series of games I can think of that let me enjoy just existing in their worlds. I get a real satisfaction from just walking around and seeing what happens.

And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who does shit like honking horns in time to music.

Wish I hadn't lost my memory card :) But then I can always start it again... :)

Quite how it can portray such horrific content, and still be in the top 3 beautiful games of this generation is a true testament to how brilliant it is.

I don't know what planet you live on but even a blind man could tell that SA is no where near being one of the top 3 most beautiful games this gen

henofdoom is just... so wrong it makes me want to cry. Sob.

henofdoom is just... so wrong it makes me want to cry. Sob.

Yup, he talks alot of silly rubbish, so he does.

I hate people who complain about the 'black gangster talk' and hiphop soundtrack.

It's set in a fucking LA ghetto. You want them to act like toffs? Fucking hell.

I hate people who complain about the 'black gangster talk' and hiphop soundtrack.

Well when it first came out I remember someone saying something like " I don't mind hip hop its just the chavs that ape American hip hop culture I don't like" - what I mean is, it seems to be a dislike based on class rather than raciusm.

Lots of people still see hip hop as very much an underclass thing, tied in with criminality, drug abuse, disrespect towards women etc, rather than the positive and aspirational movement that people discover it is if they actually listen to it properly.

Exactly. Sometimes it seems like some small minded people are a little bit scared of playing as a black person, or something.

"Hello smoke - i'm off to give that ruffian a bloody good thrashing! Care to join me?"

No, you're right. That's miles better.

Hmmm.... perhaps someone would like to explain to me why this game isn't deeply technically flawed, because you'll have a hell of a job in my mind

Because you'd have to be the biggest cynic ever not too appreiciate what a masterpiece it is?

Anyone with half a brain can see past the imperfections, and see what an amazing achievement this game is. The scope and ambition displayed is astounding.

If you don't drive to the top of the map and watch the sunrise without glowing inside as the warm orange hue floods the city, you may aswell stop playing games altogether.

Because you'd have to be the biggest cynic ever not too appreiciate what a masterpiece it is?

Anyone with half a brain can see past the imperfections, and see what an amazing achievement this game is. The scope and ambition displayed is astounding.

If you don't drive to the top of the map and watch the sunrise without glowing inside as the warm orange hue floods the city, you may aswell stop playing games altogether.

Wow. You've sold it to me. I was totally wrong. Watching the stunning sunrise complete with 5 x 5 resolution textures has changed my outlook forever....

Wow.  You've sold it to me.  I was totally wrong.  Watching the stunning sunrise complete with 5 x 5 resolution textures has changed my outlook forever....

You really are a fucking nimrod if you think the graphics are that bad. Yes, we are aware that it's not graphically perfect, but it conveys a sense of scale, life and individuality never seen before in a game. It's a phenominal acheivement.

Wow.  You've sold it to me.  I was totally wrong.  Watching the stunning sunrise complete with 5 x 5 resolution textures has changed my outlook forever....

There's a lot more to it that graphics, but i'm sure you know that. If the technical side of it is important to you, then that's cool, but I can't help but feel you may miss out.

You are really overrating how bad the graphics are.

They are perfectly fine, there is NO loading whatsoever while roaming the outside of the city, and I've not experienced slowdown or texture problems like you are describing at all.

Go and play GTA3, while we enjoy our bikes and much fuller and greater version of the game.

(Also, the 'Hood' theme in SA is easily the best yet)

You are really overrating how bad the graphics are.

They are perfectly fine, there is NO loading whatsoever while roaming the outside of the city, and I've not experienced slowdown or texture problems like you are describing at all.  Yes, I'm blind.

Go and play GTA3, while we enjoy our bikes and much fuller and greater version of the game.  Yes, bikes make it totally fresh once more.

(Also, the 'Hood' theme in SA is easily the best yet.  Yes, I have seemingly ignored Vice City's brilliance.)

I'm a chump who submitted a shite review for a great game. Have a nice day!

Hey, I won't have the draw distance slated. I was playing yesterday and could clearly see the moon which is miles away.

You can swim in this game. This makes it the best. No more stupid deaths!!

henofdoom grow up.

Hey, I won't have the draw distance slated.  I was playing yesterday and could clearly see the moon which is miles away.

:D