What Are You Playing?

• Please log in to reply
8312 replies to this topic

#6661 revengeofgibbon

revengeofgibbon
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Soul Calibur 5. It's a crunchy, and tastes slightly of fish. I prefer peanut butter.

#6662 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Finally Finished that Bourne game? :D

that game was pretty darned sweet or would have been with a little more time and QA... it's heart was in the right place.

#6663 crisy

crisy
  • Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

Currently playing and thoroughly enjoying FF13.

#6664 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 4964 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

MGS2: About 1/3 of the way through, playing as Raiden. Love Snake, Hate Raiden.

MGS3: Yet to start but thoroughly looking forward to it after completion of 2.

MGSPW: A fair bit through, seems like a quirky port. It's kept all the worst things of the PSP (loading screens, bunched up menus) and the best part of MGS3 (Boss). Overall, seems like a fair, but overated, addition to the franchise.

#6665 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Alpha Protocol: According to the thread it's not quite as linear as the way I'm playing it. Mind you that thread also says it's not just a mindless shooter. It IS the way I'M playing it! No, it's still fun. Obviously not a full blown 3rd person shooter, but rather a shooter-light with RPG overtones, especially as I'm playing as an operative, so I can micro-manage and shizznitz. The bioware heritage shines through, thanks to obsidians Mass Effetish... Loving the chat options.

#6666 U-1

U-1
  • Members
  • 8738 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Blur - No idea why its taken me so long to start playing it.. Great fun so far, although I can already imagine some of the later races reaching Mario Kart levels of frustration. Best get a couple of spare pads ready just incase!.

Oh and R.I.P.. Bizarre Creations, you will be missed :(

#6667 dose

dose
  • Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

Skies of Arcadia (DC) - Great RPG, really enjoying it. Just reached disc 2 and it looks like it's going to open up even more...
Wipeout Fusion (PS2) - I'm a big fan of Wipeout but this just hasn't grabbed me yet. It playes well and everything but it just seems to be lacking something. The frontend isn't of the same quality as other titles, and the use of characters isn't amazing. Good fun to play though.

#6668 GrumpyLittleBear

GrumpyLittleBear
  • Members
  • 2119 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:11 AM

Tiger Woods 2012 and COD: Black Ops.

Both decent enough but they'd be more fun if there was more crossover between the two and I could add an AK47 to my bag, or rampage around history with a five iron and dandy trousers.

#6669 gospvg

gospvg
  • Supporters
  • 4103 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Completed Gears 3, currently playing Lego PotC, Gatling Gears, Dead Island & of course Skyrim :)

#6670 Farley

Farley
  • Members
  • 2390 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Mainly Skyrim. Still.

#6671 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24662 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS). Honestly, it's a little bit boring, and the dialogue is as overly wordy as it was in the Ace Attorney games... but the plot has just taken a turn for the interesting, and it's not particularly challenging, so I'll definitely see it through to the end. The animation is incredible, of course.

Well, this has certainly improved. Complex and challenging scenarios AND a gripping plot unfolding. I hope it can keep this up!

On the telly, still playing Beyond Good & Evil HD. I'd forgotten how rubbish the stealth sections in the factory are. It hasn't aged well, unfortunately. It's also probably going to take me weeks to complete, given how infrequent my TV time is at the moment. (They should have released it for the 3DS, although comparisons to Zelda would have been unfavourable!)

#6672 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Alpha Protocol: According to the thread it's not quite as linear as the way I'm playing it. Mind you that thread also says it's not just a mindless shooter. It IS the way I'M playing it! No, it's still fun. Obviously not a full blown 3rd person shooter, but rather a shooter-light with RPG overtones, especially as I'm playing as an operative, so I can micro-manage and shizznitz. The bioware heritage shines through, thanks to obsidians Mass Effetish... Loving the chat options.

hating second-guessing myself with every decision I make. I must not be following the story properly or something, or not being consistant within myself or the narritive.

oeveryone's double crossing me, and I'm just trying to get laid...

#6673 Untogether

Untogether
  • Members
  • 1265 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

everyone's double crossing me, and I'm just trying to get laid...

Nope, you're playing it perfectly consistently within the narrative :)

#6674 Fury.HD

Fury.HD
  • Supporters
  • 2655 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yep that's how I played.

#6675 Red Alignment

Red Alignment
  • Members
  • 2996 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Gone back to Metroid Fusion on the 3DS via the Ambassador download. It's aged rather well. I have to say I prefer it in 2012 over Super Metroid: the control's less fiddly, and the much more linear game design suits my adult lifestyle compared to me as a carefree child with less else to worry about. ;) The tough-as-buggery bosses are a pain though.

Put aside Zelda: Skyward Sword for now as the control system is an abomination, completely ruined my enjoyment of the game. Not sure if I can bring myself to go back to play it, to be honest.

Oh, and I played Kuru Kuru Kururin and Kururin Squash a fair amount on Monday evening. Neither get the respect they generally deserve, IMO. They've both got that classic simple concept/addictive gameplay formula.

#6676 Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • 67529 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

LImbo via Steam. It's absolutely wonderful - beautiful, tense and straightforward. Great sound work too.

#6677 LadyDuke

LadyDuke
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

I mainly try to juggle League of Legends and War of Legends simultaneously. If it's got legends in it i'm in.

#6678 JoeK

JoeK
  • Members
  • 9539 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Mass Effect 2 is forming the majority of the play time, but I did pick up Bayonetta for a fiver today.

It really is mental isn't it? I wish it was a little bit slower paced so I can see what the hell I'm doing really. Love the characters, love the design but not so sure I'll be able to cope with the gameplay really.

#6679 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24662 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I've nearly completed Beyond Good & Evil HD. I'm on
Spoiler
I remember this game being a "Zelda Lite", but I don't remember it being a "Zelda Extra-Lite". It's really quite insubstantial. There's a light beam puzzle in this final part of the game which is the closest thing to a "puzzle" I've yet to encounter, and even that isn't much. Combat remains simplistic. The overworld is kinda small. Sidequests are few and far between. It's tehnically quite poor, too; the camera control is possibly the worst I've struggled with in years (was it originally this bad?), some of the textures don't look like they've been updated at all, the environments are split up by inelegant loading screens, and in cutscenes the lip-synching is poor. Out of cutscenes, the dialogue isn't even voiced. It all feels a bit cheap, which is not how I remember it being. That said, the art style does hold up well, even in HD, and the game has a certain character to it, and enjoyable music. It's not long enough to outstay its welcome either. As an aside, the radial menu system is wonderful.

On the go, I'm playing Metroid Fusion for the goodness-knows-how-many'th-time. Lack of save anywhere points is actually quite annoying. Emulation should be able to provide that, but Nintendo didn't bother. Hey-ho, it was free. It's also absolutely brilliant. I've just got the high-jump / ball-jump. I honestly can't remember what's next. It's very exciting. Take note, Team Ninja: dialogue kept to a minimum (internal monologue and only a computer for company) and Samus doesn't shit herself whenever a boss turns up!

#6680 Cosmic_Guru

Cosmic_Guru
  • Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I've finished Uncharted Golden Abyss and am still chipping away at KoA: Reckoning (84 hours clocked and just crossed the water for the first time). Keen to finish this up and also maybe complete FF XIII-2 before FemShep blows everthing else out of the water.

#6681 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 50789 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Aside from ME2 and Rayman Origins, my wife picked up LA Noire under a tenner which we'll play as talky cop, shooty cop.

That should be interesting.

#6682 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

with AP out the way it's back to Timeshift, on casual...

#6683 dreamylittledream

dreamylittledream
  • Members
  • 2343 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

Finally clocked The Darkness II (bloody, kinetic and lots of fun) and Space Marine (un ditto).

Now to concentrate on the Vita games backlog my spending spree has got me - first up Uncharted...

#6684 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24662 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

On the go, I'm playing Metroid Fusion for the goodness-knows-how-many'th-time. Lack of save anywhere points is actually quite annoying. Emulation should be able to provide that, but Nintendo didn't bother. Hey-ho, it was free. It's also absolutely brilliant. I've just got the high-jump / ball-jump. I honestly can't remember what's next. It's very exciting. Take note, Team Ninja: dialogue kept to a minimum (internal monologue and only a computer for company) and Samus doesn't shit herself whenever a boss turns up!

It's sooo gooooood! :D
It is rather more... directed... than I remember it being. At certain points, you cannot go back to where you want until the computer lets you. As I recall, that's what stopped me from bothering with a 100% run at the time; it was too restrictive.
But it has bags of atmosphere, and I love the forboding music and great use of sound effects. I've escaped SA-X a couple of times and my heart was racing! I've seen the shadow of you-know-who flying past the windows of the ARC sector, and I'm nervously anticipating the fight to come... all this from a bunch of pixels and chip sounds. Amazing!

I really hope Nintendo does a Metroid 5. A proper one, like this. Not some epic cutscene-driven thing. I want an enclosed space station with locked doors every which way, and some threatening presence lurking about. :wub:

On the PC, I've started playing Crysis. Barely played past a handful of checkpoints so far, so no real opinion of it other than I think I will like using the cloaking and strength powers, and it looks very good, although the graphics are a little underwhelming after all these years. It seems to run smoothly at high and very high settings for most things, so I'm happy with that. Baffled by the sheer number of keys required, I've switched to using a controller. Yes, a controller! The humanity, think of the children, letting the master race down, etc.!

#6685 SeanR

SeanR
  • Supporters
  • 103846 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

with AP out the way it's back to Timeshift, on casual...

I say casual, but this game would be unpossible WITHOUT the timeshift powers. You spend more time slipping past them, than trying to shoot them, as you would in a COD-alike, invokes a REAL feel of one vs. man, more akin to FarCry2.

Also, Act II

"concealed threat detected"

concealed my arse, it's a 30ft tall stompy robot!

#6686 Salsa Party Animal

Salsa Party Animal
  • Members
  • 19460 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Playing Batman: Arkham City a lot in last two months and now playing Halo 10th Anniversity Game. With occasionally FIFA 2012 games online.

#6687 RubberJohnny

RubberJohnny
  • Supporters
  • 16255 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Playing Anno 2070 and Brotherhood at the moment, kind of not feeling Anno at the moment, but that's because I'm going through the campaign, which seems a bit restrictive with an awful dull plot.

#6688 smithstock

smithstock
  • Members
  • 4964 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

SSX - setting times and scores galore in Expore mode.

MGS 2:HD - almost finished the progression before MGS3.

FIFA Street Demo - ranking up created guys to level 4 before the games release.

Trials HD - getting back into it to set a few new times before Trials Evo.

#6689 Bleeders

Bleeders
  • Members
  • 5894 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

SSX - Sacked off. Trading today for Street Fighter X Tekken at end of week.

Wipeout 2048 - On the final season.

FIFA Street Demo - Ranking up my Pro to Level 4 prior to release.

#6690 Sprite Machine

Sprite Machine
  • Members
  • 24662 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Gave up on Crysis and went back to Mass Effect 2, having bought a few DLC bits. Having PC issues at the moment, so it's on hold until that's fixed. Hopefully sorted by next week as I've got ME3 on order!

On the move, still playing Metroid Fusion (again). I've beaten the two toughest bosses (you know the ones), but still got a few more upgrades to go before the final showdown. Atmospheric, tense, and still a joy to play! As brilliant as ever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users