stan

Illustration Club

7,050 posts in this topic

Just drew a silly little picture in pictochat.

Picture170.jpg

What's all that Kanji stuff?!? ;)

Pics nice as well ;)

Better still (for me anyway) - change the orange to match my toolbar toolbar.png;)

KTNXBYE

dunno if this counts as an illustration, but its the only thing ive been happy with for a long time

zombie%20whole.jpg

in response to other stuff: fargalEX - cool vector stuff, man

ste pickford - thats kinda scary but ever so stylish. i like

Can't argue with the theme there moose, Zombies + pirates go very highly in my books.

Loving the blood, the light coloured outline gives it a great glowing effect.

Very well. An illustration of a HORSE-DEATH-CYBORG-OF-DOOM!!!111 that I did... a fair while ago now actually.

It's a brilliant drawing, but now I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.

A family portrait.  Actually a spin off from something I'm doing for our new game, but I'm going to stick a big print out of this on the wall at home somewhere.

family-faces.jpg

It's great, though it does make your family look a bit like some villagers from resident evil 4.

A family portrait.  Actually a spin off from something I'm doing for our new game, but I'm going to stick a big print out of this on the wall at home somewhere.

family-faces.jpg

Ste, what did you use to make that? The colours are really vibrant, great characterisation, it's like a mad twist on the caricature style.

Ste, what did you use to make that? The colours are really vibrant, great characterisation, it's like a mad twist on the caricature style.

Its a really cheapo technique using multiple layers in Photoshop.

I take a photo with my webcam - which is really crappy quality and horrible colours. This is only 320x240, but I can scale it up lager and it doesn't matter that the quality is still crap.

I rub out the background on this photo, and overlay it on a brighly coloured background.

Then I start painting on a blank layer over the top of the photo with photoshop brushes. I pick the colours from the photo, maybe brighten them a bit, and just paint in rough strokes. It doesn't matter if I leave any gaps as the photo fills in the blanks, but I get the lighting much better than if I made it up. I can also exaggerate bits of the expression, make the eyes bigger, teeth brighter etc.

Very quick and good fun.

face.jpg

It's a brilliant drawing, but now I'm going to have nightmares for weeks.

It was a concept for a game we were (briefly) working on. I have a couple of others somewhere but they're just pure robots.

I like fargal's vectorized stuff. The earmuff pic's very stylized. I'm not so good at that kind of thing myself.

I also like the study/office pic from Stan (not as keen on the other) and the portrait images by Ste Pickford - Reminds me of something a little similar we did for a project a while back; drawing over photos.

I made this last night:

interfacecopy5bh.jpg

On my Powerbook it looked better than this uni PC. The colours are over saturated and too damn pink, but hey, at least it looks good at home B)

The dude sippin 'yac is supposed to be me.

I also used the self-portrait thing to finally make some sort of business card:

businesscardcopy0om.jpg

I really like the design of the girls Cal. But who is the lame dude with the glass? :)

He's their stud. He just floats around space, banging these chicks and sippin 'yac. We all want to be like him.

Looking back at it with morning eyes, though, and he looks kind of camp. Last night I was going for sophistication. Today it just looks mad gay :)

This one isn't by me. My buddy Sean made this thing. I think it's awesome, so I thought I'd show it to y'all:

GO%20YO%20mk%202.jpg

thats really funky calashnikov. tell your mate so :D

heres a shaun i did when i was on a roll with the zombie. needless to say, the roll stopped with this

shaun%20whole.jpg

dont like the feet. they seem unfinished, but i think i captured the likeness well

yeah Calashnikov your mate's pic is brilliant, do you know what he used to do it?

I'm guessing he drew it with pen and ink, before colouring it in Photoshop. There are some real nice brush strokes here and there on it. It might be a mixture of an inverted line drawing (for all the detailed parts) and a layer devoted to the rougher brush strokes, layed over the inverted sketch. Then he's like added 'multiply' to the layers and created a new layer under it all, where he's slapped down some gradients.

That's how I'd do it, anyway.