Addons

• Please log in to reply
700 replies to this topic

#661 csuzw

csuzw
  • Members
  • 1990 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

For settings you need to back up the WTF folder.

#662 Nayson

Nayson
  • Supporters
  • 9669 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Oki doki - So I've just logged on to find all my Bartender, Grid and Quarz positioning/set up reset - and after much fiddling I can't restore.

So I'm spending several minutes/hours remaking my UI.

If I copy/paste my addon folder somewhere - will that make a back up of these sort of things?

Way late with this reply, but if you want to backup your UI, or make a new one from scratch but keep the old one just in case, just change the names of your existing Interface and WTF folders.

#663 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

TradeSkillMaster is out in beta form and if you do much crafting for the AH once you've got it set up it will not only save you time but probably make you more money too. Particularly for scribes it makes inventory management and posting so effortless it's just a ridiculous edge on anyone not using it and it does some genius things like you select which ink you need and it'll search all stacks that'll mill to the right pigment and buy the cheapest. It'll even search automatically based on your queued items. Tutorials are coming if it looks a bit tricky at first but if you like playing the AH you should probably take a look now :)
edit: ignoring the investment in herbs this has made me hundreds of gold in a few hours that I would've had to ignore given how fiddly it'd have been to buy mats, craft, price and post the number of glyphs I now have up. Given how competitive my server's glyph market is it won't make me rich but it will make me more for very little effort and greatly simplify things when I have more gem cuts.

#664 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Not really an addon but I did this latency fix yesterday and it seems to have over halved my latency, highly recommended. All it does it change Windows' default behaviour to not wait to bundle responses to the server.
Obviously it looks a little suspect being a VB script but you can open it up and look at the code to see the registry changes it makes, even do them manually if it makes you feel safer.

#665 Alask

Alask
  • Members
  • 6268 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

I've been using raven to track debuffs on me and buffs on my target, for some reason I no longer see buffs on enemy targets. It is very annoying and I've given up trying to work out what's wrong.

What's a good alternative for easy and obvious display of buffs and debuffs?

#666 Moostapha

Moostapha
  • Members
  • 1196 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

This is for checking a boss is properly debuffed with attack speed, attack power etc? I use Auracle

Edit: It consolidates all the different abilities which cause the same debuff into one icon too.

Double Edit: Actually for bars tracking mutliple dots and such, which it looks like Raven does, I use ForteXorcist.

#667 Alask

Alask
  • Members
  • 6268 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

No buffs on targets and debuffs on me. So seeing stuff like halfus mortal strikes on me and buffs like chimaeron's double attack buff on targets.

I did use to use satrinas buff frames... does that still work?

#668 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:36 PM

Love Auracle, very good little addon, but a bit of a pain to setup. SBF is discontinued by the original author and the new coder that picked it up hasn't done anything with it yet as far as I've seen. Most people seem to be recommending Raven as the alternative so I don't know really, I only use SBF to track raid buffs and rely on Power Auras and Auracle for everything else. They're what I'd be using to see what you want to see, like I have Power Auras watching for Remedy on Maloriak so I can dispel it if a sneaky mage doesn't steal it first, you could do exactly the same for Chimaeron's Double Attack.

#669 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41440 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

Sorry for not researching, can someone recommend me something like Fort Exorcist but isn't a massive fucking ball ache to configure?

#670 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Ok, forget what I said about Power Auras, SBF and Auracle, I'm in the process of replacing them all and a few more besides with WeakAuras which is all kinds of awesome. Displays auras/bars/icons/text/chat announces in a very flexible way, based on highly customisable triggers including events from the combat log. Makes it perfect not just for the usual procs and timers and so on but also custom raid events, like you can count down from Massacre to the next Caustic Slimes on heroic Chimaeron, or announce the name of who the Obnoxious Fiend is attacking on heroic Atramedes and so on.
It's not the easiest thing to set up but it's much friendlier than Power Auras and Auracle once you get your head around all the options and the grouping is brilliant. It's still under heavy development but I reckon before long it'll be the standard addon for this stuff.

#671 MotiVater

MotiVater
  • Members
  • 5601 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

I know this is a stupid question but...
With Pitbull, how do I move my pet's target unitframe?
The frame is only there in combat (as my pet cant target anything without being in combat, right?) and when I'm in combat it greys out any options for moving it....

#672 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Doesn't it show up when you use the config mode? Or just set the position under Units using trial and error until it's where you want it.

#673 MotiVater

MotiVater
  • Members
  • 5601 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

Oh, config mode.... :facepalm:

Thanks!

#674 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

Pitbull is pretty obnoxious to set up. I must've spent an hour just fumbling with the luatext to get what I wanted showing.

#675 Ellende

Ellende
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

It's so much simpler than it was though - it used to be a complete nightmare, now it's just a bit fiddly. I'm not sure it's been updated it a while but the addon "Align" is great for setting up UIs. Type /align & it puts a grid across your screen to get everything nicely lined up & equally spaced.

#676 DoctorEgo

DoctorEgo
  • Members
  • 1964 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

So, I've been away for a year, and have a fresh install. Any of the following have a better alternative now?
Bartender
Xperl unit frames
Grid
Clique
Omen
Recount
Geist
DBM
Ark inventory
Power Auras Classic
Vanaskos
MSBT

Thanks in advance! :)

#677 Ellende

Ellende
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yay! :)

I'd swap PowerAuras for WeakAuras - SuperNashwan has written a great guide in a thread here showing you how to configure this but if you get stuck loads of us use it now so someone will be able to talk you through it.

I still use pretty much all the others too. I use Pitbull instead of Xperl & Skada instead of Recount (it's much lighter & more configurable). I also use Prat, Postal & SexyMap. Ummm...I can't think of any more, though you need all the Grid extras e.g. StatusRaidDebuff etc if you haven't got those already.

Lovely to have you back :)

Edit: I think you used to use AutoBar & TitanPanel too if I recall correctly.

#678 DoctorEgo

DoctorEgo
  • Members
  • 1964 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Well reminded, ta sis!

#679 SuperNashwan

SuperNashwan
  • Members
  • 6223 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

If you're healing it's worth investigating Vuhdo. It does everything instead of having to download another Grid addon for every little thing, but the configuration is utterly terrible if you like things a certain way. If you're not using Clique on your regular unitframes it'll replace that too as click casting is built in.

#680 DoctorEgo

DoctorEgo
  • Members
  • 1964 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Good time to try something new - will take a look, thanks.

#681 Hexx

Hexx
  • Members
  • 14601 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

For anyone playing "dress up" with their characters for Transmogging, I highly recommend "Mogit"

You can sort by item type, level and (most importantly) colour!

Then see it on your model, and how the item is obtained.

#682 Bash

Bash
  • Members
  • 2512 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

There any packs that anyone can recommend? I am just getting back into it all and forgot how annoying it is just to get it just right.

#683 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7043 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I do not recommend packs, they usually contain a lot of trash. Just get the addons you want. So, what do you want addons for? Doing 5-mans, professions, raids, social, economy?

#684 Bash

Bash
  • Members
  • 2512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

if you can't recomend packs then i'll just use the addons suggested earlier in this thread. I just need a basic 5 man set up for now for my druid.

#685 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7043 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Get Deadly Boss Mods. That'll sort out all of your 5-man and raid warning needs. For a tree, I am sure there are healing addons like Vuhdo that can be helpful.

#686 Bash

Bash
  • Members
  • 2512 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Ahh yeah, I remember DBM beena must have.

I think i'll just got with the standard x-perl, DM and bartender then go from there.

Out of interest what chat addon do you use?

#687 df0

df0
  • Members
  • 7043 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

I use Prat. Simple chat addon that let's you change the location of the edit box, add a time stamp to the chat etc.

#688 Bash

Bash
  • Members
  • 2512 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Finally got a UI I and happy with.

Posted Image

Feels a bit like cheating but its just ElvUI with a few things added on that it already has skins for to make them look pretty.

#689 SuperMBo

SuperMBo
  • Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

This is mine from last night on Madness of Deathwing.

Attached File  Gatsby'sui.jpg   97.75KB   1 downloads

#690 Soo Denim

Soo Denim
  • Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Gats, you a bit bored working from home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users