Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tzigone

Addons

700 posts in this topic

Any idea how much this patch will break all our addons or render them pointless as they'll be part of the default UI?

I'd really like to know this too, which Addons will no longer be needed due to improved default UI. I have too many and to make it worse I sometimes use 3 of the same type of addon just for one feature I prefer on the whole module, stupid!

Anyone know much about the built in power auras stuff in the patch? Am I right in thinking it's just for showing procs? I use power auras for showing procs, some cooldowns, missing debuffs on targets and missing buffs on myself and seriously doubt all of that is now built in :unsure:

From what I've seen it is how you say Simon.

There's few select graphics that proc for specific spells with pre-defined icons (Hot Streak and the likes).

I still don't trust Blizzard to make the built in add-ons as well as the players, even with Jack's praise for them above. I'll be disabling them and waiting for add-ons to be updated through Curse Client.

Yes, the built-in power aura replacement is [i]okay[/i], but if you're used to the full addon, you'll probably find it lacks a lot of the options you want (like... any!).

I just tried to use Reflux to save all my addons settings so I could easily back it all up/copy it to other characters. I think I made a mistake (or it's broken, either way the instructions were shit) and managed to lose all my settings so I've got to start all over again <_<

Could someone who uses Vuhdo, link or send me their lua file please?

Still can't get Grid to work, so I'll have to give Vuhdo a go and I cba to go through the whole config... Thanks.

Anyone using Power Aura Classic? I really like it, but only when it works. It'll quite often just do nothing, no little alerts firing off at all. Which is most annoying and I've no idea why. Just wondering it anyone else has noticed similar problems and what a good alternative is?

Mostly it's just to watches all the procs that fire off on my warrior. My other classes seem to have less to watch..

I have the same issue with Power Auras. Sometimes it doesn't work on the 1st login but a quick /rl tends to kick it into life.

Oki doki - So I've just logged on to find all my Bartender, Grid and Quarz positioning/set up reset - and after much fiddling I can't restore.

So I'm spending several minutes/hours remaking my UI.

If I copy/paste my addon folder somewhere - will that make a back up of these sort of things?

[quote name='Hexx' timestamp='1291454571' post='7559015']
Oki doki - So I've just logged on to find all my Bartender, Grid and Quarz positioning/set up reset - and after much fiddling I can't restore.

So I'm spending several minutes/hours remaking my UI.

If I copy/paste my addon folder somewhere - will that make a back up of these sort of things?
[/quote]

Way late with this reply, but if you want to backup your UI, or make a new one from scratch but keep the old one just in case, just change the names of your existing Interface and WTF folders.

[url=http://www.justmytwocopper.org/2011/01/trade-skill-master-beta-released.html]TradeSkillMaster[/url] is out in beta form and if you do much crafting for the AH once you've got it set up it will not only save you time but probably make you more money too. Particularly for scribes it makes inventory management and posting so effortless it's just a ridiculous edge on anyone not using it and it does some genius things like you select which ink you need and it'll search all stacks that'll mill to the right pigment and buy the cheapest. It'll even search automatically based on your queued items. Tutorials are coming if it looks a bit tricky at first but if you like playing the AH you should probably take a look now :)
edit: ignoring the investment in herbs this has made me hundreds of gold in a few hours that I would've had to ignore given how fiddly it'd have been to buy mats, craft, price and post the number of glyphs I now have up. Given how competitive my server's glyph market is it won't make me rich but it will make me more for very little effort and greatly simplify things when I have more gem cuts.

Not really an addon but I did [url=http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html]this[/url] latency fix yesterday and it seems to have over halved my latency, highly recommended. All it does it change Windows' default behaviour to not wait to bundle responses to the server.
Obviously it looks a little suspect being a VB script but you can open it up and look at the code to see the registry changes it makes, even do them manually if it makes you feel safer.

I've been using raven to track debuffs on me and buffs on my target, for some reason I no longer see buffs on enemy targets. It is very annoying and I've given up trying to work out what's wrong.

What's a good alternative for easy and obvious display of buffs and debuffs?

This is for checking a boss is properly debuffed with attack speed, attack power etc? I use [url="http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/auracle.aspx"]Auracle[/url]

Edit: It consolidates all the different abilities which cause the same debuff into one icon too.

Double Edit: Actually for bars tracking mutliple dots and such, which it looks like Raven does, I use [url="http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/fortexorcist.aspx"]ForteXorcist[/url].

No buffs on targets and debuffs on me. So seeing stuff like halfus mortal strikes on me and buffs like chimaeron's double attack buff on targets.

I did use to use satrinas buff frames... does that still work?

Love Auracle, very good little addon, but a bit of a pain to setup. SBF is discontinued by the original author and the new coder that picked it up hasn't done anything with it yet as far as I've seen. Most people seem to be recommending Raven as the alternative so I don't know really, I only use SBF to track raid buffs and rely on Power Auras and Auracle for everything else. They're what I'd be using to see what you want to see, like I have Power Auras watching for Remedy on Maloriak so I can dispel it if a sneaky mage doesn't steal it first, you could do exactly the same for Chimaeron's Double Attack.

Sorry for not researching, can someone recommend me something like Fort Exorcist but isn't a massive fucking ball ache to configure?

Ok, forget what I said about Power Auras, SBF and Auracle, I'm in the process of replacing them all and a few more besides with [url=http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/]WeakAuras[/url] which is all kinds of awesome. Displays auras/bars/icons/text/chat announces in a very flexible way, based on highly customisable triggers including events from the combat log. Makes it perfect not just for the usual procs and timers and so on but also custom raid events, like you can count down from Massacre to the next Caustic Slimes on heroic Chimaeron, or announce the name of who the Obnoxious Fiend is attacking on heroic Atramedes and so on.
It's not the easiest thing to set up but it's much friendlier than Power Auras and Auracle once you get your head around all the options and the grouping is brilliant. It's still under heavy development but I reckon before long it'll be the standard addon for this stuff.

I know this is a stupid question but...
With Pitbull, how do I move my pet's target unitframe?
The frame is only there in combat (as my pet cant target anything without being in combat, right?) and when I'm in combat it greys out any options for moving it....

Doesn't it show up when you use the config mode? Or just set the position under Units using trial and error until it's where you want it.

Pitbull is pretty obnoxious to set up. I must've spent an hour just fumbling with the luatext to get what I wanted showing.

It's so much simpler than it was though - it used to be a complete nightmare, now it's just a bit fiddly. I'm not sure it's been updated it a while but the addon "Align" is great for setting up UIs. Type /align & it puts a grid across your screen to get everything nicely lined up & equally spaced.