The Rllmuk Metal Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16398 replies to this topic

#15301 Blunted

Blunted
  • Members
  • 5086 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Delighted to see that they Byzantine kickstarter has hit it's target.

#15302 LaParka

LaParka
  • Members
  • 3310 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Was supposed to be seeing Alcest tomorrow but i've got an interview instead. Wahey :(

Think i'll cheer myself up by going to see Decapitated on Saturday....

#15303 mindgames

mindgames
  • Supporters
  • 2899 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

A post on Alcest: http://marksfm.tumbl...12534883/alcest

I'm seeing them Tuesday night, can't wait :)

Do you like the new album? I was hugely underwhelmed at first but now it's sunk in I absolutely love it.

#15304 Mars

Mars
  • Supporters
  • 14030 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Same here, I loved the previous album straight away but was a little unsure after the first few listens of the new one. Absolutely love it now though, a beautiful piece of work. Certainly deeply layered and it took time for me to take it all in.

#15305 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41546 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Do you like ABRAHAM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1_eZcQWgmc

You should. Swiss Cult of Luna style hotness. The Ocean have been going on about them on Facebook for a short while.

Listen to this. It is awesome. That is all.

#15306 Kelthink

Kelthink
  • Members
  • 16198 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

Are there still tickets for Alcest tomorrow...? I was hoping to just turn up. Sheeet

#15307 Mars

Mars
  • Supporters
  • 14030 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Looks like there are: http://www.ticketweb..._id=tw_uk_buyat

#15308 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 11794 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm not all that familiar with A Day To Remember but this promo vid is really cool. I wish for an entire album in a retro styling like that! (dem last 8 seconds :omg:)

My wish might just have been granted:

#15309 Twinbee

Twinbee
  • Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

So Refused are playing Sonisphere…

#15310 Corporal Flashback

Corporal Flashback
  • Members
  • 6666 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

I just re-bought Resurrection having not heard it in years.

Such a wonderful mix of Roy Z-produced door-kicking riffage and grade-A Halford-brand extra-cheddary cheddar. :lol: I love it.

#15311 strawdonkey

strawdonkey
  • Supporters
  • 8423 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

I bought the limited edition of that after seeing them support Iron Maiden on the Brave New World tour. Listening back, you're right - it's utterly ludicrous :)

#15312 Kelthink

Kelthink
  • Members
  • 16198 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Alcest was amazing last night. Really sorry I didn't arrange to meetup with you Mars, I was knackered all day and fell asleep as soon as I got in. And my mobile wouldn't get any decent signal inside that sticky venue.

#15313 Twinbee

Twinbee
  • Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

New Drudkh album streaming here

Initial impressions very favourable - the last album was very disappointing - plodding and lacking atmosphere. This one has a lot of faster parts, and that essential ingredient: SAMPLES OF CROWS.

#15314 Mars

Mars
  • Supporters
  • 14030 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Alcest was amazing last night. Really sorry I didn't arrange to meetup with you Mars, I was knackered all day and fell asleep as soon as I got in. And my mobile wouldn't get any decent signal inside that sticky venue.

Don't worry about it mate :) Haha, it was pretty sticky in there! It was a long day for me too but well worth the trip, great show. Les Discrets were great too, love that they played 'Gas in Veins'.

#15315 Twinbee

Twinbee
  • Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Bought my day ticket to see Sabbath at Download :omg:

I was going to take out the ticket insurance policy, but according to the Ts & Cs, I can't make a claim if Sabbath *do* play, but *don't* play Spiral Architect, so I didn't bother.

#15316 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 11794 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Sweet! just received Johnny Booth's debut release just because I asked! Top guys. :D

#15317 VN1X

VN1X
  • Members
  • 11794 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Also new The Safety Fire material inboud! Looking forward to the release, even though their sound requires some major getting used to.

New track:

Earlier released (more accessible) track:

Posted Image

#15318 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41546 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

~This place needs a "save post for later" feature, I've got so many tabs open that I need to catch up on in chrome a get a memory warning.
Orange Goblin linked to a review on The Quietus which was in a list of other things as they only seem to have a monthly round up and came across this:

Rising To Solemn Ash (Exile On Mainstream)
Posted Image
It’s hard to believe, but there are people out there who didn’t like Mastodon’s The Hunter (it’s true, I’ve met one, he’s called Gary). I don’t get that, it’s like saying you don’t ‘like’ the taste of meat – like, what, all meat? Have you even had ‘all meat’? Thankfully for those weirdos who didn’t like The Hunter and yearned for Mastodon to return to their Remission and Leviathan days, Rising are undoubtedly the band for you. Granted, their Mastodon-ish-ness is mostly in style and spirit rather than technical virtuosity and direct rip off-ery, but with a more than healthy dose of barbarous, sabre flailing, High On Fire style riffing added to the mix, I’d suggest you track down a copy regardless of your opinion of The Hunter. Meat preferences are of course irrelevant.

It's ticking the boxes so far: Riffage? CHECK! Shouty vocals that I can understand? CHECK! Songs round about the 5 minute mark? CHECK! Yeah, good so far. Course if you don't like all that Mastodon/Baroness/Black Tusk stuff as much as I do it ain't going to change your mind. Some cracking melodies though. Only a fiver for the album as MP3 on Amazon as well.

EDIT:

Second track and it's a belter.

#15319 Kelthink

Kelthink
  • Members
  • 16198 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Don't worry about it mate Posted Image Haha, it was pretty sticky in there! It was a long day for me too but well worth the trip, great show. Les Discrets were great too, love that they played 'Gas in Veins'.

Yeah, I really enjoyed all the bands. Even the first one. Having said that, there were 3 members who were in each of Les Discrets and Alcest :P

#15320 Aardvark

Aardvark
  • Committee Member
  • 10663 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

:lol: I think the French post-metal scene may have more bands than musicians.

#15321 Twinbee

Twinbee
  • Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Sweet! just received Johnny Booth's debut release just because I asked! Top guys. :D

That's really good.

Also new The Safety Fire material inboud! Looking forward to the release, even though their sound requires some major getting used to. New track: Earlier released (more accessible) track: Posted Image

Funny, I thought the newer track was much more accessible, but then I listen to a lot of Yes. They sound great - bound to fill the gap before the new Between The Buried And Me record. Although do I detect a hint of autotune in there…?

~This place needs a "save post for later" feature, I've got so many tabs open that I need to catch up on in chrome a get a memory warning. Orange Goblin linked to a review on The Quietus which was in a list of other things as they only seem to have a monthly round up and came across this: It's ticking the boxes so far: Riffage? CHECK! Shouty vocals that I can understand? CHECK! Songs round about the 5 minute mark? CHECK! Yeah, good so far. Course if you don't like all that Mastodon/Baroness/Black Tusk stuff as much as I do it ain't going to change your mind. Some cracking melodies though. Only a fiver for the album as MP3 on Amazon as well. EDIT: Second track and it's a belter.

This forum's delivering in spades today! Must say I've yet to really enjoy The Hunter, but then Spotify isn't really the best place. I'm fucking skint at the moment though, so no new records for me for a while :(

#15322 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41546 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

*cough*dropboxtomorrow*cough*

#15323 Paleo Alto

Paleo Alto
  • Members
  • 6094 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Recorded a doom type mix also mixed with some newer weird ambient type stuff like Julia Holter which I think goes pretty well. Hope y'all enjoy.

#15324 Mike S

Mike S
  • Members
  • 2967 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

So Refused are playing Sonisphere…

Let's hope they are playing a few dates outside of that too then as the rest of that Sonisphere line-up makes me gag..

#15325 Ben

Ben
  • Supporters
  • 10240 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

It's a UK exclusive show. Jump on a plane and see them at one of their countless European festival dates.

#15326 Mike S

Mike S
  • Members
  • 2967 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

It's a UK exclusive show. Jump on a plane and see them at one of their countless European festival dates.

That's a shame.

Sonisphere is a strange festival for them as they don't really seem to fit in with the rest of the line-up at all.

#15327 Ben

Ben
  • Supporters
  • 10240 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sonisphere tend to offer the most money from what I've read.

#15328 moosegrinder

moosegrinder
  • Members
  • 41546 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Remember that abomination that Spainkiller posted a month or two ago? Well, someone posted another video on Facebook and, to be perfectly frank, everyone should watch it if only to fill their quota of WTF for the week:

It's like Dance Dance Revolution smashing into Limp Bizkit at the speed of Dimmu Borgir. Technically, the universe should be imploding right about now through sheer density of wrongness.

#15329 Twinbee

Twinbee
  • Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

#15330 LaParka

LaParka
  • Members
  • 3310 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Remember that abomination that Spainkiller posted a month or two ago? Well, someone posted another video on Facebook and, to be perfectly frank, everyone should watch it if only to fill their quota of WTF for the week:
http://youtu.be/3CMCsGuCcHw

It's like Dance Dance Revolution smashing into Limp Bizkit at the speed of Dimmu Borgir. Technically, the universe should be imploding right about now through sheer density of wrongness.

Sounds like Enter Shikari....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users