-=Eve Online=-

• Please log in to reply
3070 replies to this topic

#2971 tyagi

tyagi
  • Members
  • 5012 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

I just find it interesting that Turbine has managed to introduce a solid in-game Store and currency system, transition two games to F2P, and increased revenue and userbase in the process.

If CCP's strategy were to be to reduce or eliminate the monthly subscription as these new revenue streams and currency systems were introduced, that'd be fine. At the moment it seems a bit like "and.. and.. and..".

#2972 BoggyB

BoggyB
  • Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

A bit random but I was flicking through some old bookmarks and found the consolevania corp killboard from a couple of years back. A few rllmukers were on there I think.

http://eve.battlecli...ania Corp#kills

We did great.

#2973 zuum

zuum
  • Members
  • 3740 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Respect for taking a Moa into actual combat.

#2974 Rogue Soul

Rogue Soul
  • Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

New trailer from this years fanfest: Sexy missile turrets (long overdue)

#2975 Kiwi Cake

Kiwi Cake
  • Members
  • 1257 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

The new cinematic trailer has been shown at fanfest and it's pretty tasty:

#2976 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Oh dear NC. lost three titans to us last night. We lost some battleships (mine included). I came back into the fight as the third one was dieing so I whored the killmail. Still that is what happens when you drop about 20 titans on a battleships fleet thinking your going to blap them all and then get surprise sexed with a counter drop and your FC is so mentally deficient that HE WARPS TITANS TO THE SUN!. Much fun was had by us.

#2977 dan_tm

dan_tm
  • Members
  • 21414 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'm not sure where to post this, but rather than making a new thread in what appears to be a pretty slow moving folder I thought I'd just bump what appears to be the main discussion thread =)

I and another forumite started 14-day trials a week ago. I've played before, only for a month or two a couple of years ago, but aside from that short experience we're both going into it knowing very little. I'm already in the E-UNI, which has been invaluable in terms of gaining information about the game, as well as their handy 1m ISK daily skillbook allowance.

Basically I just wanted to say hi to all the other forumites who are still playing (hi!) and to ask about how to make best use of the 3 character slots (if at all)... I understand that you can only have one training queue active at a time, but would it be a good idea to create 3 separately-focussed characters with different attribute maps to learn the different skillsets more quickly? So (for example) have an Intelligence/Memory specced character for Mining and Manufacturing, Charisma/Willpower for Trade - and Intelligence/Perception for Combat.

I assume this would save many hours of training time, compared to say training all those skills on the same character with a fixed set of attributes? I don't really know where my EVE career will take me yet, but I assume the less time I spend making my current main a 'jack of all trades' character the better...

#2978 Kiwi Cake

Kiwi Cake
  • Members
  • 1257 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hey dan!

Welcome to EVE! I'm glad you've found your way into the University, be sure to let me know if there's anything about the corp I can help you with (character details in sig).

To answer your question, generally speaking, there's not much point to training multiple characters on a single account (because only one character per account can train something at any one time). It can be useful to train a character for a specific and easily achievable goal, such as a hauler, but otherwise it's usually better to invest your skillpoints into your "main" and use separate accounts to train other characters. Naturally this comes with a cost and some people will tell you that running multiple accounts is essential, but I disagree. I would say train stuff on your main until you feel the need for an alt, then consider creating one for that purpose.

Also, don't forget about your neural remaps - you get one a year plus an extra one as a new pilot (so you should currently have 2 unless you've used them already) and they let you redistribute your stats, allowing you to re-focus your training every so often. You can find the neural remap option in your character sheet.

What some people will do is create an trial account using their game invites (found under account management on the EVE site) and then pay for its sub. This will give the new character a 21day trial and 30days of paid game time, plus a free PLEX for your main character which you can use yourself or sell on the market for ISK. One the alt has reached its goal (so it can fly an orca or something) they'll transfer the character onto their main account (which costs money, I'm not sure how much, about 15 euro?). This is a good way to build alts for a specific purpose and then eventually have them all on a single account.

I have two alts who come in and out of retirement depending on my needs, though of the three years I've been playing they've probably only been active for about 4 months between them. Everything else I do on my main, using a generally balanced stat setup, because I'm quite lazy. :P

#2979 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yeah. I use pulsemyne as my main and he can do pretty much everything (one of the benefits of playing eve for over 6 years). I have an alt that I use for trading in Jita. I would create another one for running missions but quite frankly its pointless for me. If I want money I can go ratting with pulsemyne.
If you have any questions then join the ingame channel of bennyhill and I MAY reply to you. Or I may not as I have about 10 chat channels open at one time. It's tricky to keep track of whats going on in them sometimes.

#2980 Asura

Asura
  • Members
  • 19777 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Just got a message saying I've got 19 hours left on my non-recurring account - I can only assume this is some kind of promotion. Can someone tell me how big the client is these days? I might try to download it for a few hours this evening; even just a quick shoot around Jita with that music would be fun.

EDIT: Just checked and it's 18gb; I think I'll leave it :lol:

#2981 Lorfarius

Lorfarius
  • Members
  • 30530 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Been years since I played, had a PC at the time and had the itch to return over the weekend and downloaded the Mac client. What a disaster! It crashes left, right and center, barely an hour on some runs, then other times be lucky if its 5 mins before it freezes. Went onto a few forums and news is its been like this since early last year with the creators committing nothing to fixing the problems. Real shame as the short time I had was a lot of fun.

#2982 Adrock

Adrock
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Anyone have any recommendations for an old returnee. Played 4 or 5 years and I have a couple of decent characters with tons of skills. EvE is definitely a game which only works with others so I'm looking at maybe joining a corp. Industrial corps are probably my best bet as I cant dedicate whole evenings to playing as my kids obviously take priority.

#2983 NEG

NEG
  • Members
  • 8912 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Did rats get stronger in 0.6 space? My drones in the Hulk tended to be able to handle anything before Inferno...and now they got creamed.

Space is scary. :(

#2984 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Don't think so. A while back they changed the rats so they did things like jam you more often etc. Always remember to wait for the rats to aggro you and then squash them. Saves your drones.

#2985 Beychae

Beychae
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Sounds like you have been having fun in my absense.

I have decided to give Eve a go and see if the burnout is still there so one of my mains will be on now and again over the next month.

I am curious to see what some of the changes are like since I last played.

#2986 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Missile turrents look damn sexy and erm.....theres a big arse war starting in the south

#2987 Beychae

Beychae
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

I doubt I will be bothering with joining a fight to be honest. hehe

#2988 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm doing my level best just to join Alliance fleet/corp fleets only as the idea of flying alongside PL makes me sick.

#2989 Beychae

Beychae
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Balls, I made a large mistake when reasigning my learning skill points. I should have put them in to command skills and such but I put them in to anoying small skills.

#2990 Nicky

Nicky
  • Members
  • 6103 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

ive yet again been playing for the past month or so, not really getting into it, but the past week and a half, ive hooked up wit ha few folk from the corp and as we're in a WAR, i thought i'd get outside of the station, stop spinning, and do something. a corpy who's really good at PVP in an ishkur and his 2nd account in a HAM drake, came across a pirate merc in this war flying a cyclone, lo and behold it was a 2x ASB cyclone and was unbeatable, i was valiantly trying to assist the fight in all i had available a Stealth Bomber, but i could only do fleeting damage before i kept getting targetted adn set upon by the Drones.

those dual ASB fits really need a kick in the balls. and quickly.

#2991 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

They can be tough as nails. Having said that I haven't seen a cyclone used in pvp since forever. They just aren't used in big fleets. We don't even use them in small fleets. Most fleets are now pretty standard in setups i.e it'll be a heavy missile drake fleet or a tornado fleet. It's actually pretty rare to see a BS fleet anymore.
Also the Delve war is over, the reds just ran away in the end. It was very boring. I wonder where we are going next......

#2992 Nicky

Nicky
  • Members
  • 6103 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

i was out in TGRAD/ Razor space, ninja hunting Gueristas the other day after finding a nice short WH tunnel. As soon as someone brought out the Combat Probes, i got us out of dodge ASAP, our DPS didnt have a cloak.

#2993 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Most if us are down in delve so its very quiet in our space. It's probably going to remain like that for a while as well. Unless someone tries to attack us.

#2994 governmentyard

governmentyard
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'd appreciate some advice. I first joined Eve a couple of years ago, set up a Minmatar character and got into mining in a fairly big way, had a decent sized barge and a hauler, working out of Nein. I was alright with drones and soforth protecting my mining, and shortly after the training missions I joined the Hoplite Brigade, a decent small corp full of friendly people who'd chuck me some isk if I needed to buy something, there were hangars full of stuff n00bs could help themselves to and I once spent an all-nighter scouting for a guy who was running missions somewhere or other. I'd done a fair amount of missioning of the smallish scale variety, in my rifters, which I never quite got the hang of tanking properly.

My real problems came with being in the corp - we'd get wardecced and I would be instructed to stop this or that, go here, etc. They also were involved in faction warfare which none could adequately explain to me. Eventually I drifted a bit, carried on mining, bought a Hurricane, fitted it with death, started on the Sisters Epic Arc and found myself deep in Caldari space or some fucking where, popped and fed up when my 'Cane turned out not to be the sledgehammer solution to all the arc misisons that I'd hoped it was.

That character has shite scattered over many systems, about thirty million isk and has been trained in basic fighter piloting and mining on and off over the nine or so months I was mostly subbed. I've not really been back after feeling that the corp (now defunct, most are in Autocannons Anonymous) was just a hindrance and the pirates/ganking when i was trying to haul stuff to places it'd sell high did my head in. Lots of effort for little progress.

I also tried scanning for stuff for a week or two as well, that's a thankless task. Couldn;t quite get to grips with what to do with the sites I'd found, the corp were disinterested as all was changing, and the faff/reward ratio on that was not what I'd hoped it could be. I'd like to be an explorer type, maybe.

I've recently started a new trial to see the new features. I'm a Gallente and still training, but I feel inclined to go for a more focused career at first, stick to mining and not get caught up in a lovely but not always useful corp. Once I am able to make reasonable coin mining and learn a bit about the markets, I'd like to branch out into other activities.

I want to join Eve University to achieve this, don't I?

I'm also wondering whether to return to my original character or stick with this new one. My old char's inventory really is a mess, all over minmatar space. I suspect though that a clean slate and renewed focus, plus a tidy house will allow me to make back any ISK that I'm abandoning to the other character in short order.

What do you reckon?

Also, there's a passworded Rllmuk chat channel. Any clues?

#2995 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yeah eve uni will really sort you out for that kind of stuff.There is a rllmuk channel called Bennyhill but TBH no one is there as It's pretty much just me left. The uni would be able to answer all your questions and much more. The uni gives you a very good view of all the delights eve has to offer.

#2996 governmentyard

governmentyard
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Nice one.

#2997 Kiwi Cake

Kiwi Cake
  • Members
  • 1257 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

I'd like to hang out in bennyhill more but you get to a point in this game where it's just channel overload. Standard channels, staff channels, management channels, directorate channels, intel channels, diplomacy channels etc., it all gets a bit overwhelming.

Now is a pretty good time to join the University, as we've got a bunch of cool programs running that help to offer a lot of choice in what you want to experience, be it our low or soon-to-return null security camps, our Amarr mining camp, or the new hub we're setting up in the normally very quiet region of Solitude (lots of PvE and trade opportunities out there). Wormholes, incursions and exploration are well catered for, as with a corp our size it's not difficult to get people together to do stuff (currently at 2937 active members) no matter the time of day. Once you're in and you've joined say our exploration channel you'll be able to get loads of advice on all that stuff from people who generally really know what they're talking about. Generally. :P

#2998 Beychae

Beychae
  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Anyone see the thread in Science & Industry regarding some possible up coming changes to Mining Barges?

If they do go through they could deffinatly make getting into mining easier (on a skill level).

https://forums.eveon...222&find=unread

#2999 governmentyard

governmentyard
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think what I'll do is wait till my original account is offered a free five days again, which happens every few months, and gift all my shit to the new account, including mining barges and so on. Then I've got a handy alt for some point in the future when I'm rich.

Thanks for all the feedback, makes it seem less of a stupid idea to resub.

#3000 pulsemyne

pulsemyne
  • Members
  • 6848 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Oh deary me. Someones has been very stupid and pissed off the CFC. Nc. Messed about with us so its time we took tribute off them. It'll be good to get back home.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users