Final Fantasy Xi

• Please log in to reply
7798 replies to this topic

#7771 suzakuseven

suzakuseven
  • Members
  • 2793 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

Quick question, anyone playing on Asura server? That's the one I'm playing on :rolleyes:

#7772 Lanark

Lanark
  • Members
  • 3830 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:50 AM

Quick question, anyone playing on Asura server? That's the one I'm playing on ;)

I think pretty much everyone here is on Garuda.

#7773 sweetdaddyg

sweetdaddyg
  • Members
  • 7462 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:09 AM

I need a world pass for garuda

#7774 Lanark

Lanark
  • Members
  • 3830 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:25 AM

This sub forum is really quiet nowadays. You'll probably have more luck asking for a WP here:

http://z8.invisionfr...shell/index.php?

#7775 Lanark

Lanark
  • Members
  • 3830 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Apologies for the necro bump but I had itunes on random shuffle and some FFXI music just came on - 'Xarcabard'. First time in a while I'd heard any and it got me thinking about the great times playing FFXI.

Is anyone from Albionjr still actually playing it?

#7776 Robf

Robf
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Apologies for the necro bump but I had itunes on random shuffle and some FFXI music just came on - 'Xarcabard'. First time in a while I'd heard any and it got me thinking about the great times playing FFXI.

Is anyone from Albionjr still actually playing it?

well ive still technically got my account but i think its been a good six months since I played did get all patched up the other day took me about 16 hour lol - Olhado Mssanj and Lowas are still going I think. but there is no more albionjr there is no more gaurda and there no more team glacier so its not quite the same. Level caps now 90 so i might pop back on just to see what thats like and theres a load more of the new mini expansion things come out

#7777 Laine

Laine
  • Moderators
  • 19689 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

I want to come back for a bit. Finish CoP!

#7778 Robf

Robf
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

I want to come back for a bit. Finish CoP!

well im back playing a bit and its all very confusing! theres this new abysessia content which seems to be dynamis only with less bossiness and more exp and a lot easier to get into! needs the new mini expansion packs though theres also new free storage from some new moogles which is handy and theres still a few old face about

but long story short im level 76 now so i win teh internets :P

also come back and finish cop! then i can have done at least one of the storylines aside from the main

#7779 Yasdnil

Yasdnil
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

Do any of you fancy rating Final Fantasy XI for me please? It's part of some research I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

http://www.surveygiz...ing-video-games

#7780 MaffewE

MaffewE
  • Members
  • 2341 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

As a question... the posters of Rllmukforum have been answering surveys for you since 2008. Every year you pop up with a few new surveys posted repeatedly across multiple forums and threads, normally with somewhat ill-thought out questions that repeat themselves and that would take ages to answer for those who have nothing better to do.

Bearing in mind that this cycle is continuing to repeat AGAIN in 2011, I have to ask - how come you keep coming back? Is your research never ending?

#7781 revol

revol
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Just thought I'd post a link to a remix I've done for one of my favourite tracks in FFXI, 'Grav'iton'.

Creating this did bring back some very fond memories, hope you enjoy it :)

#7782 SteveH

SteveH
  • Supporters
  • 8091 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

No one will probably read this for months, but I've just been watching someone play this on Justin TV. Amazing how it all comes flooding back despite how long it has been since I last played. It looks to be a much better (easier) game now as well with all the updates. I wish I could get it all installed and get back in to it.

#7783 PC Master Race

PC Master Race
  • Supporters
  • 23296 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

No one will probably read this for months

Posted Image
I toyed with the idea of reinstalling not that long ago, then I remembered that the level cap is something crazy like 90 now. :hmm:

#7784 Pungee

Pungee
  • Members
  • 4079 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

I wasted pretty much a whole day at work this week reading this thread :wub:

If my only computer wasn't a four year old MacBook with lame Intel graphics, I'd be all over the $9.99 Ultimate Edition on Steam.

#7785 Alan Stock

Alan Stock
  • Members
  • 5399 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Didn't notice there was still an FFXI thread on the go! Just bumping this:

Hi folks, this is a massive long shot but I don't suppose anyone saved any of my FFXI images I posted to the forum in my old "story picturebooks"? They are lost forever as the server they were stored on died and I seem to have lost my local copies

I'm guessing because they were linked from the forum they wouldn't be stored in any of the forum backups either?

Thanks

#7786 revlob

revlob
  • Tech Team
  • 12035 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

They won't be in the forum backups, no. I checked the Wayback Machine and they did have an archived page from 2007 but none of the images were in its cache I'm afraid. Sorry!

#7787 Alan Stock

Alan Stock
  • Members
  • 5399 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

They won't be in the forum backups, no. I checked the Wayback Machine and they did have an archived page from 2007 but none of the images were in its cache I'm afraid. Sorry!

Thanks for checking anyway, appreciated :)

#7788 SteveH

SteveH
  • Supporters
  • 8091 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

I toyed with the idea of reinstalling not that long ago, then I remembered that the level cap is something crazy like 90 now. :hmm:

What appealed to me was the fact I was watching a BLM and WHM successfully partying together and making good progress. I recall it starting to get harder and harder for me to find parties with my WHM, as people started to favour RDM instead. I wish I could be arsed getting it installed and up to date, as not needing to have full parties nowadays is fantastic.

#7789 Caz-chan

Caz-chan
  • Members
  • 6014 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Took a 6 month break from the game and then hit it hardcore, I really need to work on my other subs but I am currently sitting at:
MNK 90 (this is my main job, I chuffing love hitting things)
SAM 49
DNC 52
WAR 50
NIN 38 (HATE HATE HATE THIS FUCKING CLASS ARRRGH)

I am planning to take WAR to 90 next as I seem to be very lucky in WAR drops randomly on Abyssea.

Anyone on the Ragnarok server?

#7790 Caz-chan

Caz-chan
  • Members
  • 6014 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Anyone came back to this yet? I know Laine talked about it on Twitter (COME TO RAGNAROK YOU SILLY CAT WOMAN) but was wondering if anyone is on this from here?
Voidwatch is hard but a shitload of fun, Abyssea is good giggles and the 95 cap has been opened...you have to lay an egg. Then two Taru take it away to hatch it.

I wish I were lying about the last one.

Job update:
MNK 95
SAM 49
DNC 52
WAR 95
RNG 38
NIN 50 (and I am NEVER playing this class again!)

If anyone is considering picking up from where they left off, we have a Linkshell thats highly active and more than happy to take new members on if anyone fancies it!

#7791 SteveH

SteveH
  • Supporters
  • 8091 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Sooooo, FFXI is now 10 years old. I can't believe it has been that long since it launched - which means 9 years since the English version came out?. Thinking back to all those great times we had, seeing all the new places, meeting pirates when we traveled on the ships - or even better, legging it to the dock because we didn't want to miss it and have to wait around. Waiting around for Layte and his endless fag breaks :)

Good times.I wish I could go back and do it all over again. I hope this doesn't go unnoticed.

One thing that always makes me cringe is me going back into the game having not played it for a while. We were trying to help Laine get a rare drop and once it did I accidentally grabbed it and had to hastily quit to avoid a huge fuck up after god knows how long of battling to eventually get it :D

#7792 Lanark

Lanark
  • Members
  • 3830 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Not unnoticed by me anyway and, yes, hard to believe it's 10 years old.

One thing that always makes me cringe is me going back into the game having not played it for a while. We were trying to help Laine get a rare drop and once it did I accidentally grabbed it and had to hastily quit to avoid a huge fuck up after god knows how long of battling to eventually get it

Was that the Valkurm Emperor? I remember Tesia's colourful language at the time! I remember the countless deaths we had Bungle..running around Eldieme Necropolis getting really lost and whacked by ghosts when sneak and invis. ran out then aggroing to magic as you tried to find a corner to recast in.

Getting to Tavnazia was amazing as well.

I couldn't play another MMO now as they suck too much time but FFXi, despite all its flaws was damn good fun as there was a real sense of danger when you explored the world and you got punished if you weren't on top of things. I doubt we'll see another game like it in the mainstream MMO market again and maybe it was of its time - the last of the Everquest clones before WoW came along and changed things.

The game now bears little resemblance to how it started as I gather you can just race to the 99 Level Cap pretty easily. Shame it went that way but also kind of inevitable if it was going to survive and keep members paying.

#7793 Caz-chan

Caz-chan
  • Members
  • 6014 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

I remember sitting up till 5am with a Japanese guy trying to get the drop from the Valkurm Emperor, was about to pass out when the lil bastard finally dropped it and the Japanese guy said I should take it :wub:
I miss this game and the people who I played with. We moved to FFXIV which is good fun too, but there is something about FFXI I love, maybe one day I will stumble back and finish my MNK Empyrean fists!

#7794 JPR

JPR
  • Members
  • 6903 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

The game now bears little resemblance to how it started as I gather you can just race to the 99 Level Cap pretty easily. Shame it went that way but also kind of inevitable if it was going to survive and keep members paying.

I was just thinking the other day how I missed that long haul to 75 that FFXI had early on, especially with it all having to be done in parties. There again I don't know if I'd be interested in playing something like that again now. But it was much more satisfying getting that first job to 75 and all the subsequent ones, than getting to cap in something like Rift, which I did completely solo.

I still often find myself thinking back to FFXI, was such a fantastic game and experience, even if horrendously time consuming. I doubt any MMO will give the experience this did in those early years. Every now and then I still find myself considering getting back into it, then I remember the time it/my addiction demands.

#7795 Lanark

Lanark
  • Members
  • 3830 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yes, you kind of had to sign up for the grind if you wanted to commit to hitting the level cap and doing end game in FFXI. I guess that's why so many fell by the wayside as it was just too much of a commitment for a lot of people with lives outside the game. I think the developers realise that no-one really wants to play that type of game anymore. Like it or not, WoW fundamentally changed MMOs and made partying a lot more optional.

I see they've rebuilt FFXIV. I wonder if it will capture the magic of XI's world.

#7796 Caz-chan

Caz-chan
  • Members
  • 6014 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Things I have found about FFXIV is that its not the grind slog FFXI was. I came in at the end of the hard push to 75, and as soon as Abyssea was released everything became so much easier.
Levelling in FFXIV isn't hard. What is hard is the primal fights - so far we have Ifrit, Moogles and Garuda. Those require good players and a wide range of skills. But you can't just take ANY job/class into the fight. Specific jobs are better suited to fights.
For example - Monk is appalling in Ifrit as his AOE attacks one shot you. But in Moogles Monk is ideal for fast take downs.

Its not FFXI and I don't know if it ever will be. The content and changes in 2.0 are very interesting, really looking forward to what the game bring then.

#7797 Ste_S

Ste_S
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I've been playing this for a month again now, and quite enjoying it. Mostly solo levelling so far, with the odd ad hoc duo if i bump into anyone doing the same Grounds page.

PvP is now in with Monstrosity, where players can play as Monsters. Came across someone playing as a Tiger in Crawlers Nest, we both circled each other nervously before going our seperate ways (should of killed him/her though, checked as ep ;))

#7798 Laine

Laine
  • Moderators
  • 19689 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Ah cool! I was really tempted to re-activate Tesia just for a look around as Olhado and that gang levelled her up to 99 when I quit. Don't really have the time. Are you coming to XIV? I hope so!

Love the idea as playing as monster. :D

#7799 Ste_S

Ste_S
  • Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Unsure about XIV. Planning to get 99 on a job and do a lot of the old content that I missed out on, and see from there.

SE are being quite good at the moment, opening up older content to more people (ie casual play) when newer stuff is introducded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users