Bunta

Anime

18,514 posts in this topic

Yeah, that new Lupin is something else. I have a feeling Meh would enjoy it but I can't quite put my finger on why...

Does it have demon-fighting ninjas and political science-fiction elements?

I spotted another show you'll all be interested in lately: Hitoriga - a tale documenting the potential troubles of boarding a crowded train. I found it quite touching, all in all.

Also Boku no Pico for our Dandy.

I think the new Lupin is so great because it feels fresh, yet vintage all at the same time. And most of all because it just a lot of fun,

It wouldn't surprise me at all if meh watches hentai serious anime at the same pace that JohnC watches regular anime.

Finally.

Yeah but it might be awkward getting hold of it. Aniplex US won't let their limited set of retailers export outside US and Canada any more. Maybe people will resell them on e-bay or something. Also there's been no details of the release yet, so it's possible it could be one of those almost direct imports from Japan complete with almost Japanese pricing.

But I see in somewhat related news, Shaft have confirmed they will be making the entire series of Monogatari novels.

Yeah, my heart sank a bit when I saw Aniplex was releasing it, but I love the series so much that I'll probably pay whatever extortionate price they're asking for. As you say though, simply getting hold of a copy could prove difficult.

Why are fansubbers releasing everything in 10bit nowadays? Grr my old Popcornhour can't cope with the files and I hate watching anime on the PC :(

I love that song that pops up in the background of Lupin III from time to time

Lupin, he’s a nice man.

But he’s cool, you know, he uses his Walther.

Yeah, the machine cries, bang bang.

Yeah, he’s Lupin the third.

Nice man.

Yeah, he smiles, and he gets angry,

sometimes.

But he’s a groovy guy.

Yeah, Lupin the third.

Go. Go, man.

You’ve got to.

Feel it.

Yeah, Lupin.

Yeah, Lupin.

You’re great.

Groovy.

[EDIT]

Oh, a video without people talking over it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

Oh, a video without people talking over it

There was a big problem with the first series as they lost the 'clean' music, so the first album release had sound effects or speech over it. I think they either recreated it for a 'clean' release or eventually found a master.

All the vocals for the music and the scats on the '71 series was done by Charlie Kosei. The name might be familiar to people who played Katamari Damacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjqLVxMVqXM

I really like the ending theme on the '71 series.

Provisional summer 2010 list

I hadn't realised Moyashimon was getting a second season! After the realtively poor reception of the first series I never thought it would be coming back but I guess the live action version must have made it possible.

Shame the same never worked out for Mushishi... :(

La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia - Sounds good, a company protecting their island and fighting off pirates/foreign countries... It sounds different atleast! :)

For what I was expecting to be a thoroughly dull season, there's been a couple of pretty enjoyable series. Tsuritama, Apollon and Lupin all gave me more than I expected.

Why are fansubbers releasing everything in 10bit nowadays? Grr my old Popcornhour can't cope with the files and I hate watching anime on the PC :(

You should make a thread on /a/ asking that.....

Watched the first four eps of Guitly Crown. Story is a bit erm, but its very pretty to look at.

The end didn't really do it for me either.

Was I really expected to still be rooting for him after all that shit he did in the third quarter?

Eureka Seven's sequel, Eureka Seven AO is out, first two episodes are great so far

eureka-seven-ao.jpg

You know it's all going to turn into something terrible - something Gundam Seed Destiny-esque in its gob-smacking awfulness.

:lol: So true.

I'm still going to give it a chance though. I just haven't got around to it yet.

It doesn't even have Anemone, for crying out loud. THERE IS NO POINT.

Just imagine she's in it!

I've yet to give the sequel a try; the memories of those bratty kids from the first one have stayed in my mind since the subs finished all those years ago.

Lupin, Tsuritama and Space Brothers are keeping me amused though. Apollon....after the second episode I'm not enitrely sure.

Is anyone else watching Gundam Age?

I'm enjoying it, although the story is a little simplistic. They've left a lot of hints that it's going to twist around a bit before the end so I'm still holding out hope that it'll have an excellent ending..

Hmmm, after all my doubts about it, the first three episodes of new Eureka have been pretty damn competent and enjoyable. That said, they still have 21 more episodes to make a total disaster of it though.

Hmmm, after all my doubts about it, the first three episodes of new Eureka have been pretty damn competent and enjoyable.

Yup. So far, so good.