Hardware: Creative Labs Td7700 Speakers

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51385 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:25 PM

It seems like some of them are sensitive to static- I must've picked up a really big charge, so that was what shocked me and the system (it wasn't that the system electrocuted me per-se). There are some crackling issues with other decoders, particularly on optical signals... anyway, it seems like it was just a dodgy batch or something.

#32 JPickford (retired mod)

JPickford (retired mod)
  • Members
  • 36463 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:10 PM

I got a call from Alienware today. They don't have the Logitec 680 you recommended in stock any more so I have to pay an extre £36 for Creative® 7.1 THX® GigaWorks™ S750

The system should be shipped tomorrow so I'll post a my experience with them in here. Not sure what I'm going to do with 7 speakers to be honest.

#33 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51385 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:44 PM

I had problems placing them myself... but I've heard really good things about the Gigaworks, even if they're slight overkill compared to the Logitec ones. If Creative's forums are anything to go by, it's the one set of speakers they make that doesn't go wonkey. :lol:

Creative sell reasonable but expensive speaker stands through their Online store, they might be worth considering, or you could try wall-mounting some of them.

#34 DarthSquirrel

DarthSquirrel
  • Members
  • 2912 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:23 PM

or you could try wall-mounting some of them.

Comet do some decent wall brackets as demonstrated here & here. £10 a pair.

#35 JPickford (retired mod)

JPickford (retired mod)
  • Members
  • 36463 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:49 PM

Well my Desk is placed so I'm in a corner with my back to one wall, the other wall is on my left.

3 Speakers on my desk PC = ok

2 speakers mounter on rear wall = ok

1 speaker on left wall = err.. not ideal but doable. (the wall is like 12 inches from my sitting pos)

1 speaker floating in space to my right = hmm..... I could buy a stand but I'd be placing it right in my escape route.

#36 amanset

amanset
  • Members
  • 10741 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 04:19 PM

I actually took out my THX-certified speaker selection as there were just far too many wires and it pissed me off. It didn't help that I live in a flat and I was panicing that downstairs woudl get a shitload of vibrations.

These days I use two simple Philips PC speakers. All my MP3s and stuff go through the Xbox (which is linked to my main sound system) now, so it isn't really a problem. Still weird to have this amazing sound system in a box in the main room when I use some crappy little speakers instead. I just couldn't handle it. Literally wires everywhere.

#37 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51385 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:26 PM

It is a bit mental- I'm lucky in that my entertainment stuff is in a box room with one door, so everything just goes around the skirting board and leaves me a wire-free exit between left-rear and left-front.

However, if I find myself in a situation where I'll not be able to use everything (i.e. when I move), I'll just unplug the rear-centre speakers, switch the decoder down to 5.1, and use it like that.

#38 JPickford (retired mod)

JPickford (retired mod)
  • Members
  • 36463 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:03 PM

Well the Creative system sound absolutely superb. Not much else to say.

I left 2 of the speakers in the box as 7 is just overkill and there are too many wires as it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users