• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:13 PM

Just to keep you updated on the show...

For the first show, we're shooting the following pieces. Not all of them will be used, but some will. Your opinions and suggestions are, as ever, highly valued and inevitable.

We're not listing the short comedic sketch-type bits here...we'll be using these to break up the game stuff a little. And we're scared to say what we're doing on the comedy element, because you'll just say it's all shite. So, to play safe, we're just listing the directly game-related moments.

Here goes:

A Guided Tour of Consolevania (basically an intro to the show, with the locations that will feature within- the tiny arcade we go to, the shops we frequent, the places we go to play games and the people you'll get used to seeing...)

FEATURE: GP32

Girl Gamers- what they really like, and what they're really like

REGULAR FEATURE: CWF Wrestling

REVIEW: Siren (Japan and PAL comparison)

MASTER SESSION: Pro Evolution Soccer

REGULAR: Kids Are Shit At Games(Where we play the youngsters at games and hammer them, ending the myth that the younger you are the more skilled you are at the games.)

REGULAR-A BIG HAND: Konami(A regular feature where we applaud the history of great publishers, developers, and game characters.)

FEATURE: GAMING TV- 13 wrongs don't make a right

REVIEW: CASTLEVANIA- LAMENT OF INNOCENCE

Metal Gear My Mate's House(The first in a potentially illegal series of re-enactments of in-game elements- First, Metal Gear, and a break-in to a fella's house in the style of Solid Snake.)

FORUM WATCH(What's been happening on the forums this week, with the parts of the posters being played by members of the public.)

REVIEW: BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK

DEAD AUNTIE'S BEST: Virtual Hydlide vs. Virtuoso(A face-off between games so bad your dead Auntie must have bought them.)

REVIEW: BUJINGAI

LEVEL SELECT: The Akina Downhill(A regular feature that focuses on one level of a game, one track of a racing game, and so on...suggestions for these are welcome- we might not do the downhill.)

REVIEW: HEADHUNTER REDEMPTION

COUNT PADULA's CRYPT: Our only concession towards the consolevania moniker...Christ...An interview with a 'celebrity' about 'games' and necrophilia.

FEATURE: Salamander

So, that's some stuff thus far. What we'll be shooting. And no mention of the comedy bits- you can wait and see on those...

Any problems, post and make your voices heard. Supportive chanting is good too.

Cheers.

R.

#2 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51260 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:15 PM

Sounds brilliant. I'll DL it or send off for a VCD just to see you beat kids at games. <_<

#3 hughes

hughes
  • Members
  • 9164 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:16 PM

That's quite a lot of stuff for one episode, how big are the files likely to be?

#4 M.M.S

M.M.S
  • Members
  • 5646 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:16 PM

sounds ace, some very fun sounding ideas, hope it all goes well for ya! And.. if possible, could you thrash one of those little kids (at gaming) so bad they cry, that'd be class TV! At atleast so they throw a pad or something <_<

#5 amanset

amanset
  • Members
  • 10741 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:17 PM

I actually had my doubts, but some of that sounds genuinely interesting.

#6 DJ Sack

DJ Sack
  • Members
  • 6666 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:18 PM

Girl Gamers- what they really like, and what they're really like - Oh dear.

#7 Guest_R-lench_*

Guest_R-lench_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:18 PM

That sounds very good IMO. The kids thing sounds hilarious, and the 'A Big Hand' feature sounds like a great idea

I'll be getting a VCD of it from you <_<

#8 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:19 PM

I'm glad you're liking it. It's going to be some long, hard work...

We've already had interest from a digital TV channel by the way, but we're pressing on with our original plans and whatever comes will come.

Feel free to discuss the show or whatever...we're hoping to keep a tab on opinions and make sure we don't- to be blunt- fuck up.

thanks,

Robert

#9 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

Just to clarify on the girl gamers bit-

Its a bit exploding the myth that girl gamers only like party games and The Sims.

What they're really like- not sad, Hello Kitty obsessed girlies.

What they really like- much the same stuff as us...

#10 Andy_Tanner

Andy_Tanner
  • Members
  • 13072 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

every time these threads show i think it's about the new Castlevania game. bastard!

#11 Lazychu

Lazychu
  • Members
  • 9426 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

*two thumbs up*

How long are you intending to make it?
There doe's seem to be quite a lot there.

Good luck to you though.

I'll gladly pay for it on VCD it it turns out well (as well as D/L it).

Edit:May I suggest for the Level Select - the all peak race in SSX 3. <_<

#12 TheShend

TheShend
  • Members
  • 4932 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

The metal gear mates house is genius, i want SSX3 stunts off scottish mountains next.

Count Padulas' Crypt & Dead Aunt sound great fun.

Can't wait.

#13 Duncan

Duncan
  • Members
  • 31423 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

FORUM WATCH(What's been happening on the forums this week, with the parts of the posters being played by members of the public.)

Admit it - this is just an excuse for you to stage a massive fight, isn't it? Will people jump through panes of glass?

#14 Beertiger

Beertiger
  • Members
  • 20611 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:33 PM

erm wow. can't wait.

now i'm gonna bitch and moan about it taking too long to be finished.

#15 DJ Sack

DJ Sack
  • Members
  • 6666 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:34 PM

Its a bit exploding the myth that girl gamers only like party games and The Sims.

My oh dear comment was more about who the actual girls are as this could either be perfect or could be totally wrong, a lot of girls i know who play games, u wouldnt have guessed, most are into blokes in a huge way, are slutty, go down the pub and get drunk or really shy and sweet, or well, i duno u just wouldnt guess it at all. Also as this forum proves, some of them are over the age of 30 too. <_<

#16 Duncan

Duncan
  • Members
  • 31423 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:37 PM

My oh dear comment was more about who the actual girls are as this could either be perfect or could be totally wrong, a lot of girls i know who play games, u wouldnt have guessed, most are into blokes in a huge way, are slutty, go down the pub and get drunk or really shy and sweet, or well, i duno u just wouldnt guess it at all. Also as this forum proves, some of them are over the age of 30 too. <_<

no...I tried av.com's babelfish, but it still didn't make any sense.

Anyone else?

#17 SteveH

SteveH
  • Supporters
  • 8091 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:39 PM

What's CWF wrestling? Please tell me it's nothing like WWF and it's ilk? I'm puzzled as to why gaming and wrestling seem inextricably linked.

#18 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:40 PM

The metal gear mates house is genius, i want SSX3 stunts off scottish mountains next.

Wait until summer. Re-enacting Tony Hawk Underground goals in Glasgow city centre is wrong when you can't skateboard for shite.

#19 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

What's CWF wrestling?

I'm looking forward to this. We're going to be running a continuous wrestling title continuity, using matches from a wild and varied mix of Japanese Puroresu games. One match per show.

We felt it wouldn't be right not to show you how passionate about our wrestling games we are, how great wrestling games can be, and how fucking HEATED it can get...

Games like VPW2, All Star Pro Wrestling III, Fire Pro Z, D, Toukon Retsuden, Giant Gram and the more obscure ones from times past like Queen's Special and 'The Real Pro Wrestling World'.

You'll like it.

#20 Popo

Popo
  • Members
  • 17587 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:45 PM

LEVEL SELECT: The Akina Downhill(A regular feature that focuses on one level of a game, one track of a racing game, and so on...suggestions for these are welcome- we might not do the downhill.)

Aces! Got to be at night, though <_<

#21 Ianos

Ianos
  • Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:09 PM

That sounds badass. The kids bit especially... Little shits! DIE! Ahem..

How will I be able to get ahold of it? Take into account I'm on dialup so Dl'ing it isn't really an option...

#22 Couk

Couk
  • Members
  • 7944 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:21 PM

I definitley can't wait for this.

#23 PC Master Race

PC Master Race
  • Supporters
  • 23302 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

Aces! Got to be at night, though ;)

..and in the 86, with some pumping super eurobeat. :(

#24 emjay2kay

emjay2kay
  • Members
  • 10316 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:09 AM

Sounds great. And long. Sure you aren't cramming everything you can think of into one show, and then when episode two comes round you're not gonna be stood around gong "Umm.... how to build your own joypad? Any takers? .... Ok, it's shit, I know."

It does sound great though. If my DVD player can handle VCDs (I have no idea about this stuff) then I'll certainly take a copy.

I'm quite excited now too.

#25 Pungee

Pungee
  • Members
  • 4079 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:14 AM

Any chance you could have each section available to download individually, rather than one huge file?

EDIT: If indeed you are going to have the episode available as a download.

#26 Jumble Jumble

Jumble Jumble
  • Supporters
  • 12412 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:22 AM

I very much like the Metal Gear Squalid idea.

#27 sausage

sausage
  • Banned
  • 1964 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

I'm not too sure about this, it sounds too 'token'?

And also, we all know what girl gamers are like (like most gamers, really), the people who do have misconceptions aren't likely to be watching your program anyway... I just sense that this one could be cringing. Have you planned out how this is going to work, what will you say, will you interview girls? It can all go horribly wrong if you have no experience at creating something which has a point, reviews are easier, but, this sounds similiar to a mini-documentary (albeit not so serious, you get my point, you'll have to have anrrator or plenty of people putting their views in to prove your point from start to finish, ack...)

Its a similiar case for the forum section, are you going to look like a proper film crew? Because its likely that members of the public will think you're losers and you won't get one to volunteer themselves, and then when they find out what the program is about... how about just having people you know act as the forum members?

Not trying to be critical here, because all the other ideas seem fab :( , its just the above two which I think might be hard to pull-off if you haven't done something like that before or for a while.

#28 sausage

sausage
  • Banned
  • 1964 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:30 AM

Oh, and just curious, which digital channel was interested? You can't have signed a non-disclosure agreement, surely?

#29 emjay2kay

emjay2kay
  • Members
  • 10316 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:33 AM

I'm not too sure about this, it sounds too 'token'?

And also, we all know what girl gamers are like (like most gamers, really), the people who do have misconceptions aren't likely to be watching your program anyway... I just sense that this one could be cringing. Have you planned out how this is going to work, what will you say, will you interview girls? It can all go horribly wrong if you have no experience at creating something which has a point, reviews are easier, but, this sounds similiar to a mini-documentary (albeit not so serious, you get my point, you'll have to have anrrator or plenty of people putting their views in to prove your point from start to finish, ack...)

Its a similiar case for the forum section, are you going to look like a proper film crew? Because its likely that members of the public will think you're losers and you won't get one to volunteer themselves, and then when they find out what the program is about... how about just having people you know act as the forum members?

Not trying to be critical here, because all the other ideas seem fab :( , its just the above two which I think might be hard to pull-off if you haven't done something like that before or for a while.

I don't think he meant he was going to get his mate Joe to play Podger and his other mate Dave to play Phelan and act out what they said on the forum.

When he said the parts of the posters would be played by members of the public, he was just making a joke man. We are the members of the public. It's us he was talking about. They'll probably just have a review of the hottest topics that week, and draw our attention to interesting points and arguments, and Biglime will most likely just say "The issue of videogames as art created much debate on the forum this week. Emjay2kay had this to say..... which I think we can all agree with."

And I imagine they'll pick up on topics they themselves found interesting, even if it dropped off the front page with 5 replies.

To actually act it out would be ridiculous.

#30 biglime

biglime
  • Members
  • 14731 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:34 AM

Like I said, I work in TV, so we'll be fine.

The 'girl gamer' thing will have the full participation of women, so...

...don't worry about it. If it don't work, it don't go in.

And the show will be an hour long, but we don't want to split it all into separate files. We're working hard to make the show work as a show in itself, so splitting it will be counterproductive.

If downloading is a problem (I'm a 56ker myself) then we'll send out discs to anyone who wants one...

Beware, though. The presenters aren't as hunky as the guyz from Gamezville....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users