Photo

Sony refund refused, man fumes; now the general 'Sony's customer service is terrible' thread

• Please log in to reply
913 replies to this topic

#1 Timmo

Timmo

Internationally renowned idiot

• Members
  • 24498 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

POPULAR

Ok, most of you will find this funny (I know I would), I'm fuming.

Playing Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 with my PS4 controller, I leave my PS4 on as it's downloading updates.

Turns out the controller can control both at the same time.

So my inputs on Dark Souls buy me FIFA on PS4 (a game I already own) and British Cop skin pack (I don't even know what this is). Get an email on my tablet telling me so.

Ring psn and straight away the guy is just saying "terms of use", "no refunds" etc. £56.68.

Ask to speak to his superior and they won't come on the phone. He then tells me support staff have said it's not possible to control two devices at once. He doesn't seem to believe me.

Half of me wants to trade this in for an Xbox with Titanfall right now.

Update 16/03 - having then spoken to a manager of a support team, as well as sending an email that only got a stock response, I was offered the following info by helpful Deeptone:

Well Mr Andy Barker is the current Director of Sony PlayStation Customer Services. His e-mail, which will in all likelihood just go to his pa, but its worth a shot is andy_barker@scee.net. Phone no. 0207 859 5484

You have my sympathies, Timmo, dealing with Sony customer support. It took me over a month to get them to replace my Dualshock 4 because it just refused to charge any way I tried. I was at the point of emailing this chap when I finally got one through the post from them. So yeah, you will probably need to keep at them a while.

So I wrote to Andy Barker 15/03:

Hi Andy,

I'm writing to you directly hoping you can help me here. I've used Sony for many years and as an early adopter of PS4 I have generally found your service outstanding.

However in the last couple of days I have become very disappointed and even angered with the treatment I've received. It has left me disillusioned with Sony.

Last night I set my PS4 to download some updates, before plugging the new controller into my PS3 to play Dark Souls 2 on it.

Twenty minutes later I receive an email on my tablet thanking me for paying £56.68 for two items. One some dlc for a game I don't own, the other FIFA 14, a game I already own on disc!

Shocked, I switched my tv over to my PS4 to discover the controller had been active on both consoles simultaneously, and my inputs had caused it to make the purchases without my knowing!

I instantly called your support line but frankly, although I wasn't called a liar directly, I was told that what had just happened is impossible and the controller cannot control both devices. This was obviously very upsetting for me as I do not appreciate the implication attached to this.

Furthermore I was told that I would not be getting a refund!

This morning I had a call from another member of your support staff (I had requested an escalation) and he also told me a refund wouldn't be coming. He went on to say that such refunds are in fact impossible for digital content. I asked for it to be escalated again but my request was dismissed.

Following the call I looked online to easily find examples of refunds Sony had given for online purchases, showing that either the support manager was misinformed or not being truthful with me.

This is why I write to you now, as I feel Sony have let me down hugely here. Considering the years of loyalty I have had with your company I find the way I have been treated extremely disappointing and disrespectful.

I am writing hoping you can supply me with a more positive outcome. I look forward to your response.

My psn id is Pangram.

Kind regards,

Will update when I get a response.

#2 mansizerooster

mansizerooster
  • Members
  • 1969 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

You entered inputs into a PS4 that resulted in you buying content. Sony aren't to blame for that.

You don't need to leave your PS4 on to download updates, it can do that in standby mode.

#3 Baring

Baring
  • Supporters
  • 11877 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Omg :lol:

Sorry mate but that is funny.

Can't you sell your Fifa disc to compensate slightly? Not having to get up to swap games is great.

#4 Timmo

Timmo

• Members
  • 24498 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

You entered inputs into a PS4 that resulted in you buying content. Sony aren't to blame for that.

You don't need to leave your PS4 on to download updates, it can do that in standby mode.

You don't think letting one controller control two devices at once is an oversight?

#5 MikeBeaver

MikeBeaver
  • Supporters
  • 1494 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Surely distance selling regulations could apply to digital content? Might be worth asking CAB about it as a last ditch effort.

proper funny though , could have been worse, could have been "Knack" lol :P

#6 MikeBeaver

MikeBeaver
  • Supporters
  • 1494 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

http://forums.moneys...d.php?t=3598885

Post #5 mate....

#7 Rain Birds

Rain Birds
  • Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Did you give your username? If not, phone back and, assuming you're talking to someone else, dial up the bullshit. I don't know, kid was messing around with the controller, made the purchases or something. At least that deprives them of the "LOL UNPOSSSIBLE" card.

#8 Uncle Nasty

Uncle Nasty
  • Members
  • 4582 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

POPULAR

The real Dark Souls starts here.

#9 Timmo

Timmo

• Members
  • 24498 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Did you give your username? If not, phone back and, assuming you're talking to someone else, dial up the bullshit. I don't know, kid was messing around with the controller, made the purchases or something. At least that deprives them of the "LOL UNPOSSSIBLE" card.

I'm getting a callback in the next 24 hours from someone in the support team but I'm not confident. Records should show me logged into both at once but doubt I can prove what I've told you.

#10 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30809 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

How did the ps4 pad control the ps4 when its USB'd into a ps3?

Still..crazy luck, psn support are thick aswell, they took weeks to give me my fucking psn ID back because I added an extra letter to my email address.

#11 strider

strider
  • Members
  • 5661 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

You can use a ps4 pad on a ps3?

#12 SMD

SMD
  • Members
  • 20901 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

If you had backwards compatibility none of this would've happened.

#13 Sng

Sng
  • Members
  • 68964 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm getting a callback in the next 24 hours from someone in the support team but I'm not confident. Records should show me logged into both at once but doubt I can prove what I've told you.

Surely you can video the controller issue and show them?

Them and the daily mail! With a sad face.

#14 Mr Do 71

Mr Do 71
  • Supporters
  • 31410 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, a load of games are compatible with it.

Surely you can video the controller issue and show them?
Them and the daily mail! With a sad face with your mum ;)

#15 angel

angel
  • Members
  • 30809 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

You seriously didnt know?  I used it throughout TLOU and it was amazing.

#16 Kayin Amoh

Kayin Amoh
  • Members
  • 3614 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Pretty sure a games site would be happy to drum up some outrage over this. Try getting in touch, and there's a good chance they'll jump on the fact that Sony refuse to refund you as they love whipping up readers into a frothing frenzy in the name of keeping them informed.

Hit them up over twitter, email, etc. Copy an email and post it to multiple sources. Embarass those filthy buggers.

I mean, it's bloody Fifa of all things.

#17 Hello Goaty ♥

Hello Goaty ♥
  • Supporters
  • 57474 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

I live under a rock!

Since when can you use a ps4 controller on the PS3

It's no wonder customer services didn't know

#18 Billy Brown

Billy Brown
  • Supporters
  • 8004 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

This is the best thing I've read in ages. If you end up in the paper pointing folornly at a PS4 pad that will be the icing on the cake.

Don't dismiss British Cop skin pack though, it's an underrated gem.

#19 Moz

Moz
  • Supporters
  • 37279 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Timmo you just made my day. I feel for you bro. Hit up Kotaku, VG247, the usual sleazehounds for some clickbait. Fuck it man, get on the blower to the Daily Mail and practice your best sadface!

#20 The Buttertendo

The Buttertendo
  • Supporters
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Ew, man fumes.

#21 Bacon Horsemeat

Bacon Horsemeat
  • Members
  • 4538 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

is it usb only for PS3?

#22 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28760 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

You don't think letting one controller control two devices at once is an oversight?

Even moreso as it can't do the PS4 and the Vita at the same time which would be convenient :)

#23 Alex W.

Alex W.
  • Supporters
  • 51457 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

This is funnier than all of last year's Xboners. I feel for you but having a controller secretly puppeteering a second console is classic.

#24 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

It's becoming a major problem!

Tell you what, this is much better with the PS4 pad than the PS3 pad.

Except when, in trying to get the PS4 pad to work, you accidentally purchase Battlefield 4 and the movie '9' on the PS4 downstairs, thus wasting £68.

Dark.

Fucking.

Souls.

From the Dark Souls 2 thread

#25 Kryptonian

Kryptonian
  • Moderators
  • 28760 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Tweet someone!

It's becoming a major problem!From the Dark Souls 2 thread

Shit!

#26 Hean Dog

Hean Dog
  • Supporters
  • 27653 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Don't you need to enter passwords anymore?

That is shit though, even if quite funny shit. If it's any consolation I got £30 trade in today for my fifa14, you could prob get more on eBay.

#27 Jolly

Jolly
  • Supporters
  • 5079 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'd love it if this isn't possible when playing other games and this is just some Dark Souls shenanigans.

#28 Thread Astaire

Thread Astaire
  • Members
  • 3129 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Thats insane. I say go to the sun as theyll lap this up.

#29 strider

strider
  • Members
  • 5661 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

You seriously didnt know?  I used it throughout TLOU and it was amazing.

no I seriously didn't.

#30 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik
  • Members
  • 18078 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

no I seriously didn't.

it only works wired though and no rumble. But it's like Sony have finally released a good controller for the PS3, the Souls games play amazingly well with it.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

LongHairStu